Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is William Hill running a college football contest in 2022?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is William Hill running a college football contest in 2022?

Last year's contest had a $1,000 entry fee.

Haven't heard anything yet...they usually don't announce final plans until August, but I'll ask my contacts there. I assume they'll do it, but with them more intertwined with Caesars, who knows what that means for the contest (maybe they'll dump it...then again, might get bigger if they combine with those properties and market it more).

Comment

Dave,

Any updates on CFB contest for 2022 from Will Hill/Caesars? There is no info online anywhere about it yet.

Comment

I think that there will be no college contest this year.

Comment

I still haven't heard anything...they took it on the chin last year as they came up short of their $1 million guarantee...wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it (especially with continuing merging of network with Caesars), but haven't gotten a reply to my inquiries so hopefully they're still working on it.

Comment

They did get hit hard, so you would think they would go back to the old methodology where they take 10%, and payout 90% of the entry fees. 400 entries at $1K is still $360K prize pool, which isn't too shabby.

I can tell you that the Caesar's folks had no real clue about the contest, collecting on this contest was difficult. So maybe they don't want anything to do with it.

Comment

They normally put out the press release around June 30th. Last year, with some rare modifications to the rules, July 15th. The Million dollar guarantee was quite ambitious. Considering the previous record number of entrants was mid 200's. And they went ahead and doubled the entry fee. Not much marketing, either. I miss the old Leroy's and Lucky's properties and their contest offerings, myself. @Heatwave they don't take any rake.

Comment

Last year, they paid out 100% of the pot. I believe in 2019 and prior they only paid out 90% of the pot. Could be wrong though. Seems like 20 years ago, 2019....LOL.

Comment

https://www.williamhill.us/collegepickem/

Right on schedule. Could set your watch to it. It has always been 100% payback. Trust me on this. Westgate had been scalping to the tune of 8% for years in the Supercontest. But that is no longer, due to a lovely thing called competition. Speaking of Rake, Tuley, any chance you could whisper in Tony Miller's ear, tell him to get with the times and lose it for the Nugget contest? Lol. Worth a shot. That whole, 11-20th place, get back entry fee (but not really, once you factor in proxy fees) seems rather silly, as well. Just my opinion. But what do I know Agreed, 2019 does feel like ages ago. Not crazy about the eight picks. That was one of the big rule changes last year. I'd actually prefer nine. Or keep it at seven. Odd number is preferable. Hard to get excited about going 4-4, or even 5-3. At 7, I always thought of a 4-3 week as a base hit. 5-2, a double (the goal each week). 6-1, a triple. And, of course, the elusive 7-0, A grand slam homerun. Still waiting on one of those. The entry fee doubling was the other big change last year. The 500 entry fee was also preferable, imho. Keep it more affordable for the common folk. These things really begin to add up fast. And the guarantee was the last change. That was the easiest overlay prediction ever. Good luck in the competition this year, gentlemen.

Comment

So pumped right now. Thanks for the info BDL and good luck.

Assuming you are playing in the Nugget contest as well - will be my first year in that, should be interesting. My pro handicapping needs some refinement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
                      https://www.williamhill.us/collegepickem/

Right on schedule. Could set your watch to it. It has always been 100% payback. Trust me on this. Westgate had been scalping to the tune of 8% for years in the Supercontest. But that is no longer, due to a lovely thing called competition. Speaking of Rake, Tuley, any chance you could whisper in Tony Miller's ear, tell him to get with the times and lose it for the Nugget contest? Lol. Worth a shot. That whole, 11-20th place, get back entry fee (but not really, once you factor in proxy fees) seems rather silly, as well. Just my opinion. But what do I know Agreed, 2019 does feel like ages ago. Not crazy about the eight picks. That was one of the big rule changes last year. I'd actually prefer nine. Or keep it at seven. Odd number is preferable. Hard to get excited about going 4-4, or even 5-3. At 7, I always thought of a 4-3 week as a base hit. 5-2, a double (the goal each week). 6-1, a triple. And, of course, the elusive 7-0, A grand slam homerun. Still waiting on one of those. The entry fee doubling was the other big change last year. The 500 entry fee was also preferable, imho. Keep it more affordable for the common folk. These things really begin to add up fast. And the guarantee was the last change. That was the easiest overlay prediction ever. Good luck in the competition this year, gentlemen.
                      Ball Don't Lie...thanks for locating that...they didn't give me a heads-up per usual, but glad to see it

Comment

I purchased two entries this morning. Actually, my brother, Tom, and I put up $1,000 each and we will split any prize money won. We will collaborate on the picks each week. Tom will have the final say on one of the entries and I will so so on the other. I expect that we will have the same four to six picks on each entry every week. So, each week we will probably have two to four different picks of the required eight picks.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
                          I purchased two entries this morning. Actually, my brother, Tom, and I put up $1,000 each and we will split any prize money won. We will collaborate on the picks each week. Tom will have the final say on one of the entries and I will so so on the other. I expect that we will have the same four to six picks on each entry every week. So, each week we will probably have two to four different picks of the required eight picks.
                          Good luck, guys. If I don't win it, I hope you do! Let's both cash!

Comment

Working...
                          X