Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SuperContest Week 1 thread: lines Wed., selections Sat., grade it all through weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave Tuley@ViewFromVegas
    #SuperContest Top 5 started 4-1, but just a reminder that sometimes consensus does good @LVSuperBook, other times not so good, like last year when it started 0-5 & never got back to .500, finishing 40-43-2 (48.2%); #SuperContestGold Top 5 went 44-38-3 (53.7%) last year @VSiNLive

Comment

Overall record for Week 1:

Classic 8106-6351-1063, 56.1%, GOLD 327-260-43, 55,7%

Comment

I couldn't believe it this afternoon when I heard Jay K. on "The Edge" talking about how there were a total of 21 entries that didn't submit their selections, including 2 in the 5k Gold. That just doesn't make sense to me. Like someone up top said earlier, the first thing I thought of was it was a proxy that failed to turn in the picks for these people. Is there any way for the folks at Westgate to look into that or do they really even care?? Jay said he thought it was weird that none of the 21 called on Saturday afternoon to offer up an excuse as to why their picks didn't get in. Like he said, it wouldn't of made a difference, but still weird he didn't get a single call.

If they find out that some of those "no-shows" were part of the same proxy service, is there really anything that can be done or is it just "buyer beware" when hiring a proxy??

Comment

LVSuperbook has cleaned up (a bit) their nasty practice of switching aliases (team names).

Only two gratuitous switches so far this year, "@ writepicks" entering picks has become "@ wrightpicks" in the Week 1 standings and "cobigfly8" has become "gobigfly8".

Comment

Originally posted by ComptrBob View Post
            LVSuperbook has cleaned up (a bit) their nasty practice of switching aliases (team names).

Only two gratuitous switches so far this year, "@ writepicks" entering picks has become "@ wrightpicks" in the Week 1 standings and "cobigfly8" has become "gobigfly8".
            Great work, ComptrBob!

Gcotton...it's pretty much buyer beware. It's up to everyone to make sure their own picks are in whether putting in themselves or using a proxy. Maybe no one called...but one player did come in late and said he didn't realize the entry deadline was 11 a.m. PT Saturday. Pretty bad...isn't one of the first things you want know when entering any contest (Vegas, online, whatever) is what time are picks due, right? I'm sure as I'm out and about as Week 2 selections are put in that I'll hear more anecdotal stories of why picks weren't put in.

Comment

I noticed longtime fixture Tony Salinas was not in the contest this year. Did he pass away?

Comment

Working...
              X