Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 SuperContest registration starts March 1...Golden Nugget March 8...plus MM & MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 SuperContest registration starts March 1...Golden Nugget March 8...plus MM & MLB

Here's the story I did for VSiN: https://www.vsin.com/contest-corner-...-win-contests/

Hello Dave do you think the SuperContest will break 4k this year? What about the Golden Nugget contest, 500?

Comment

Yes, I think with earlier registration and just overall increase in people interested that they'll blow past 4,000. I think the only thing that could slow it is a company were to announce a comparable contest in New Jersey or Pennsylvania that might keep a lot of people from traveling cross country (and, even so, they'd have to announce it soon -- and promote heavily -- before SuperContest players make plans to head to Vegas over the spring or summer.

Golden Nugget had huge increase last year...though a lot was due to cutting entry fee from $2,000 to $1,000...not sure they'll see that big of an increase again, plus they really don't publicize their contest as well as the Westgate does. 500 possible, but I'd set over/under more like 400.

Comment

I am very interested in this contest. I am the owner of William Lee Sports, and my clients are very happy with my NFL and College Football picks which are my personal best sport. Hit 65% in both sports so this Supercontest is right up my alley.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamLeeSports View Post
          I am very interested in this contest. I am the owner of William Lee Sports, and my clients are very happy with my NFL and College Football picks which are my personal best sport. Hit 65% in both sports so this Supercontest is right up my alley.
          Let me know if you need a proxy (send me a PM)...they're taking registrations now.

Comment

Dave, sent you a PM. Will be in Vegas March 28-April 1

Comment

Originally posted by mike oxlong View Post
              Dave, sent you a PM. Will be in Vegas March 28-April 1
              Great meeting you, Mike...GL.

Next?

Comment

Are picks posted with ample time for both GN contest and Supercontest? I like to track my competitors!

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieSportsbettor View Post
                  Are picks posted with ample time for both GN contest and Supercontest? I like to track my competitors!
                  SuperContest posts around noon PT on Saturday after the 11 a.m. PT submission deadline, plenty of time in advance of Sunday/Monday games. They don't post Thursday night selections until that time.

Golden Nugget usually posts early enough Saturday morning (8 a.m. PT before the 9 a.m. PT games kick off, but has had a few delays)...again, earlier games not posted earlier

Comment

Hmm... Golden Nuggets posting time would be a problem for me. Why wouldn't they post the day prior like Supercontest does? That is cutting it awfully close.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieSportsbettor View Post
                      Hmm... Golden Nuggets posting time would be a problem for me. Why wouldn't they post the day prior like Supercontest does? That is cutting it awfully close.
                      Again, if you aren't the same guy I've banned time after time, you certainly write like him. I understand that it would obviously be better if Golden Nugget posted all the plays in a more timely manner, but guess what, that's the way they've done it, that's the way I expect they're going to continue doing it...so it's pointless to complain about it. Either enter or not.

Comment

Anyone know when the Westgate SuperContest Selections are posted each week? I think it is about 3 PM Eastern? Or is that too early or optimistic? Deadline for entering picks is 11 AM Nevada/Pacific time.

Comment

Dave do you have an updated count on the Golden Nugget contest and the Circa? At your convenience of course. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by barnstorm View Post
                            Anyone know when the Westgate SuperContest Selections are posted each week? I think it is about 3 PM Eastern? Or is that too early or optimistic? Deadline for entering picks is 11 AM Nevada/Pacific time.
                            Yes, about 3 p.m. ET/noon PT...I'm assuming it will be close to what happened last year...as you said, submission deadline is 11 a.m. PT and we did VSiN hit from Westgate at noon after getting lists from the SuperBook staff and it was posted right around the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blutarski View Post
                              Dave do you have an updated count on the Golden Nugget contest and the Circa? At your convenience of course. Thanks
                              No exactly...Cica is around 300...I'll check on Golden Nugget this weekend. SuperContest has passed 1,000.

Comment

Working...
                              X