Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SuperContest - Best Cappers from 2009-2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SuperContest - Best Cappers from 2009-2018

    Here are the best SuperContest Cappers from 2009-2018. Some have changed names from year to year so I don't have their full records. Some might have been included here, but stopped making picks during a bad year and ruined their cumulative, career record.

    I listed them like this because it would be hard to combine them all and decide how to weigh their standing given that those who have played more years are going to have a lower winning %.

    Beware. Past performance is no indicator or guarantee of future success or results. Also, be careful tailing them with real money wagers as they may have made some of these picks solely because of the stale lines that can occur in the SuperContest. If you can't get the same line they got, your chances of winning will be less. GL!



    The Hottest Cappers in Recent Years

    Played the Last 4 Years
    ​​
    Name Total Points %
    AL THE SLY 2 203 59.7%
    GIUSEPPE 199.5 58.7%
    JWADD 199.5 58.7%
    SQUAREPANTS 197 57.9%
    SEATOWN SQUARES 196 57.6%
    7 SHOTS 194 57.1%
    DA BRONX BOMBER 194 57.1%
    RISKYSUL 193 56.8%
    ARMVIN 192.5 56.6%
    THE NOTORIOUS C.O.Z. 192.5 56.6%
    SCORPIO 192 56.5%
    T.O. MUST GO 192 56.5%
    MUCKED NUTS 191 56.2%
    ROUGHRIDER39 190.5 56.0%

    Played the Last 3 Years
    Name Total Points %
    JWADD 152.5 59.8%
    TEAM CLEVELAND 151.5 59.4%
    SCHEMATIC ADVANTAGE 149.5 58.6%
    AL THE SLY 2 149 58.4%
    7 SHOTS 148.5 58.2%
    GIUSEPPE 148.5 58.2%
    SCORPIO 148.5 58.2%
    SEATOWN SQUARES 147 57.6%
    T.O. MUST GO 146.5 57.5%
    ARMVIN 146 57.3%
    ANGEL OF VENGEANCE 145.5 57.1%
    BISHOPS & BEAVERS 145.5 57.1%
    DA BRONX BOMBER 145.5 57.1%
    THE NOTORIOUS C.O.Z. 145.5 57.1%

    Played the Last 2 Years
    Name Total Points %
    SCHEMATIC ADVANTAGE 108.5 63.8%
    TUNNEL VISION 106.5 62.6%
    SQUAREPANTS 105.5 62.1%
    RILEY WADE HAGGARD 105 61.8%
    SPRINGCO 105 61.8%
    SHARON 104 61.2%
    THE TRUTH 104 61.2%
    AL THE SLY 2 103.5 60.9%
    CLEVTA 103.5 60.9%
    IA FAB FIVE 103.5 60.9%
    NITO ICHI 103.5 60.9%
    PINKYNTHEBRAIN 103.5 60.9%
    TEAM CLEVELAND 103.5 60.9%
    CMOP 103 60.6%
    MUCKED NUTS 103 60.6%
    7 SHOTS 102.5 60.3%
    ANGEL OF VENGEANCE 102 60.0%
    CTSSAMMIE 102 60.0%
    JESSIE ARMSTEAD 102 60.0%
    NOAH'S ARK 102 60.0%


    The Best Cappers - All Time. Long Term Track Records

    Played any 5 Years
    Name Total Points %
    Ryan Hojo 250 58.8%
    DSHOT702 244 57.4%
    MUCKED NUTS 243 57.2%
    CH BALLERS 240 56.5%
    No Ma'am 239.5 56.4%

    Played any 6 Years
    Name Total Points %
    BITTER BOB 293 57.5%
    BENTLEY'S BOYS 280 54.9%
    Cardiff Giant 278.5 54.6%
    Wolfpackers 276 54.1%

    Played any 7 Years
    Name Total Points %
    Clevta 335.5 56.4%
    Ebn Ozn 331.5 55.7%
    Al The Sly 2 328 55.1%

    Played any 8 Years
    Name Total Points %
    Feral Child 384.5 56.5%
    OTB 380.5 56.0%
    Wisky 374 55.0%

    Played any 9 Years
    Name Total Points %
    Michael Andrew 414.5 54.2%
    BET ALL SPORTS 413 54.0%
    Armvin 410.5 53.7%
    Str8OuttaDurango 406 53.1%

    Played any 10 Years
    Name Total Points %
    VEGASPORTSLINE.COM 456.5 53.7%
    Jarhead 455 53.5%
    Squarepants 453 53.3%
    Last edited by barnstorm; 07-22-2019, 11:44 AM.

  • #2
    Squarepants only 53.3% over 10 years...he sucks LMEAO (for those who don't know, Squarepants is a VFV Hall of Famer (if one existed) and won SuperContest Gold for $640,000 last year. And he certainly credits his time here at VFV (and also across the street at EOG.com) for the basis of his contest strategy that he discussed with all of us during his time in the VFV Forums.

    A lot of members of VFV Nation and Friends of VFV in that list in addition to Squarepants: Jarhead, Armvin, Str8OuttaDurango, ClevTA, Cardiff Giant, DSHOT702, Mucked Nuts, CH Ballers and RoughRider39.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DaveTuley View Post
      Squarepants only 53.3% over 10 years...he sucks LMEAO (for those who don't know, Squarepants is a VFV Hall of Famer (if one existed) and won SuperContest Gold for $640,000 last year. And he certainly credits his time here at VFV (and also across the street at EOG.com) for the basis of his contest strategy that he discussed with all of us during his time in the VFV Forums.

      A lot of members of VFV Nation and Friends of VFV in that list in addition to Squarepants: Jarhead, Armvin, Str8OuttaDurango, ClevTA, Cardiff Giant, DSHOT702, Mucked Nuts, CH Ballers and RoughRider39.
      And he's been hot lately - 57.9% over the last 4 years! Getting better with age!

      Comment


      • #4
        Barnstorm, I for one believe there's value galore in what you do with historical records of multi year Super Contest entrants. Thank you for the work you put in and for sharing your charts.
        For the past couple of seasons you posted weekly consensus picks of past high performers. Your caution above that past performance gives no guarantee of future results seemed to be borne out in those weekly picks, as the week to week results were not head turning. I was wondering if you'd mind posting those results along with the method you used to come up with them. Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mcgrath View Post
          Barnstorm, I for one believe there's value galore in what you do with historical records of multi year Super Contest entrants. Thank you for the work you put in and for sharing your charts.
          For the past couple of seasons you posted weekly consensus picks of past high performers. Your caution above that past performance gives no guarantee of future results seemed to be borne out in those weekly picks, as the week to week results were not head turning. I was wondering if you'd mind posting those results along with the method you used to come up with them. Thanks.
          I took the consensus picks of what I considered to be the Top 20 cappers from the contest. Yes, the results were not good. Right around 50% over a 2-3 years that I did it.

          Actually, last year after 14 weeks they were 37-30 or 55%, which is not bad, but for some reason, I stopped keeping track. Of course, the reason to track them would be to make some real wagers with them, but 55% in the SuperContest is a bit inflated due to some easy picks due to line variance.

          Previous years were around 50% give or take a couple percentage points. I'll see if I have the exact numbers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks Barnstorm...I use this information as one of my data points.

            It seems more names have changed this year than normal...or else they quit playing, which I doubt. Any idea the new names for these players?

            Bet All Sports
            Bitter Bob
            Feral Child
            Jarhead
            Michael Andrew
            Ryan Hojo
            Squarepants (Squares maybe?)
            Vegassportsline.com
            Wisky (last year he was only in the Gold contest...not there this year)


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Maytag View Post
              Thanks Barnstorm...I use this information as one of my data points.

              It seems more names have changed this year than normal...or else they quit playing, which I doubt. Any idea the new names for these players?

              Bet All Sports
              Bitter Bob
              Feral Child
              Jarhead
              Michael Andrew
              Ryan Hojo
              Squarepants (Squares maybe?)
              Vegassportsline.com
              Wisky (last year he was only in the Gold contest...not there this year)

              Wow. That's a lot of missing heavyweights. Contest getting too big and more of a chance that luck will come into play?
              Last edited by barnstorm; 09-07-2019, 09:27 PM.

              Comment


              • jarhead
                jarhead commented
                Editing a comment
                I quit because my great "system" doesn't work anymore. I no longer have an advantage. Also too many people who are either very good or very lucky.
            Working...
            X