Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK 9 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

I LOVE KICKERS!!!!!!

I'm not in a survivor pool any longer, but am doing the Survivor Rollover thing and I had INDY...Vinatieri missed an extra point AND a FG to help keep his team behind at the end, BUT...He got one more shot from long range and nailed it!! Efffffffing kickers...They make you want to drink rat poison, but I celebrated with Dom! Dominos that is!

Not much in the way of upsets to knock people out in any noticeable numbers.

ON THE RADAR...

SF @ ARI...The SF D would have to miss the flight to lose to ARI this week, UNLESS they get cocky, and IFFF they get cocky, they'll still win by three TD's...The D is for real, and ARI isn't.

WASH @ BUFF...Does BUFF bounce back big after the PHILLY loss? WASH is the kind of team that will try, but I don't think they have the horses to beat the BUFF D like PHILLY did. Might be close into the 3rd quarter, but I think BUFF will get back in the win column.

CHI @ PHILLY...I took PHILLY as my POW pick, AND my Survivor Rollover pick...Doesn't mean anything, but I do like them in this spot as CHI offense just can't get it in gear as of yet.

TB @ SEA...I don't trust SEA in just about any spot as the pass D is still not getting it up to a level that is consistent. Good Jamis comes out from time-to-time, and IFF he does, he can keep TB in the game. I feel SEA can get the win, but they just let ATL back in the game after being up 24-0. The home-cooking should help, it's one of my Niece's B-Day that day, so how can they lose, as we'll be at the game!

DAL @ NYG...DAL's last trip to MetLife gave them a big fat loss from the JETS...NYG will get up for Da Boys, and might put up a battle for a little while, but that D still sucks, and DAL is not great, but good enough to find a W. I'd look other places if you can, but not the worst pick in the world. Division game on the road, and they did hang in there vs a decent DET team.

GB @ LAC...The kiddie stadium LAC plays in will be 80% Cheeseheads, and LAC getting a win vs CHI isn't changing many minds that they are a hurting unit. Rodgers is getting it going more and more each week. Too much for the Bolts to overcome IMHO.

NYJ @ MIA...JETS favored by 5.5 for some reason...MIA is trying, and I think they want to find a way to beat someone, and this could be it. Let the ghosts fly!

Nothing else looks playable to me, and not all the above are playable, but there's a few confident plays you can make.

Post who you are picking so I know there are people out there still alive in their pools!

PUT A PICK IN YOUR SYSTEMS!!! YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE THEM!

Good luck boys...GO EAGLES!!! Seachickens too! LOL!

Still alive in my small 2000$ SP with 12 others and will go with Seattle over TB for lack of other picks.

Comment

• Mrvolo
      Mrvolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Not many on here but if anybody is following I am on SF in my pool.Works better for me.GL to anybody still alive.

It was definitely an odd week. 850 between my 3 pools and only 1 person was eliminated for not submitting a pick. I was thinking Pittsburgh was not a good pick going into last night. Seeing 100% advance with so many people left is a rarity.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      But a bomb can go off at any time...

Survivorgrid.com For Wednesday...

SF is the king as we knew they would be...PITT with a back QB is getting some play!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gridw9.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	10223

Comment

Looking for more insight from you all. One of 25 people left in my pool for $14k. I have burned Buf and Dal already so that leaves me with SF tonight or Seattle on Sunday as mentioned above. I have been trying to look ahead all season and a couple weeks back I had pinned Sea for this weeks play. In past weeks I had no qualms picking my predetermined pick each week. I have to say, this is the first week I am struggling. I feel Kyler Murray is going to give SF some problems tonight with his legs. Pair that with the fact that more than half of the 25 left in my pool will be playing SF tonight. I had pinned SF for my pick in two weeks when they play AZ at home but as you know, two weeks from now doesn't matter if I don't win this week.

Seattle has won 5 games by 7 points or less this year so they aren't actually a dominate team and can easily be a team with a losing record. TB lost 3 games by 7 points or less and they also went to the west coast and knocked off the Rams earlier in the year. Bruce Arians used to coach the Cards so he is super familiar with Pete Carrol's team.

I am leaning towards Seattle for two reasons. One, I don't see being able to use them with any level of confidence in the future (unless a major injury happens to an opponent from now until then). Two, most of the other people in my league will be taking SF tonight since a lot of them played Sea earlier in the year.

Sucks SF plays tonight because waiting until Sunday would give me extra time to contemplate this pick. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Comment

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you followed me with SF.In pool of 12 only 2 used them.

• Pittsburgh
        Pittsburgh commented
        Editing a comment
        No unfortunately I went with Seattle. As I suspected, 18 of the 25 people left in my pool took SF. I am hoping this pick doesn't backfire on me which im not confident now.

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        GL,Rick did not bet them and they usually win when he passes on them.I have a future they make playoffs so I have a big interest in this game.For what it is worth following somebody who gives me 1 college game a week and he is 4 in a row and likes New Mexico + 3 1/2 this week.

ADAM'S POOL SUMMARIES...

The JETS hit the boards vs. DOA....AND, Missed Deadline shows it's ugly self again...Unless you are in the pool, then you LOVE it!

O
      ADAM 1 ADAM 2

Name:	adam1w9.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	10243 Click image for larger version

Name:	adam2w9.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	10244

Comment

The Fantasy Survivor Liz Hurley Pick Of The Week Isssssssss...

PHILLY

Week 1: BALT (W)
        Week 2: CAR (L)
        Week 3: TB (L)

Week 4: INDY (L)
        Week 5: NE (W)
        Week 6: DAL (L)
        Week 7: BUFF (W)
        Week 8: LAMBS (W)
        Week 9: PHILLY

Here's our girl all dressed up for Halloween as Uma in 'Kill Bill'....She can kill me after she does unspeakable things to me...

Are you happy now Compass?????!

Name:	killbill.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	10314
        Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 11-03-2019, 01:51 AM.

Comment

U betcha
          ooo baby

Comment

Working...
          X