Results of Weeks 8 & 9 of FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of Weeks 8 & 9 of FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Note: With everything going on last week (Breeders' Cup, release of Nevada gaming figures for September, Halloween activities with family, etc.), I never got around to posting the "Results of Week 8..." thread. And now standings are updated and it's not possible to recreate taht thread, so I'm combining Week 8 and Week 9 in this thread...thanks for your understanding:

Hello VFV Nation...this is the weekly thread that we post to give the weekly winners and update the leaderboards of our popular NFL & NCAA contests that we host at our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com and http://contests.viewfromvegas.net. Our NCAA contest mirrors the College Pick'em at William Hill as players make 7 picks a week from 25 games picked by WillHill. The weekly deadline is 8 a.m. PT Saturdays (so everyone can see everyone's selections if they want in advance of the early games that start at noon ET/9 a.m. PT. Their contest ends after 10 weeks but we continue it for 2 more weeks through Thanksgiving Weekend (I pick the 25 games those weeks). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 7-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 7-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

Without further adieu, we had two contestants go a perfect 7-0 in Week 8 of the NCAA contest: Aztec10 (yes, for the 3rd time this season) and tonylove. I lost the sheet where I added up the points that theire teams covered the spread by to determine the tiebreaker, but I remember tonylove won (and Aztec10 has already won a weekly prize via tiebreaker so I would have awarded it to tonylove anyway. So, congrats to both, but tonylove wins dinner with yours truly (he cashed years ago at the Wynn Buffet if my memory serves me correctly) or a ViewFromVegas shirt.

In Week 9, no one went a perfect 7-0 so no weekly prize.

Now, here's the overall leaderboard for the NCAA contest through 9 weeks and with just 3 weeks to go (and 21 picks)...uniqorn has moved into the lead with spam55 and Rush4life just a game behind, but still crowded near the top:
    uniqorn 39.0
    spam55 38.0
    Rush4life 38.0
    Texan73 37.0
    tonylove 37.0
    HugeFiasco 37.0
    juicebox 37.0
    donrega 36.0
    str8outtadurango 36.0
    strikethegold 36.0
    Mattysharp 36.0
    Our NFL contest mirrors the SuperContest at the Westgate Las Vegas as players make 5 picks a week from the full NFL card vs. the Westgate's contest lines. The weekly deadline is 1 a.m. PT Saturdays (just like the "real" SuperContest). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 5-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 5-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

In Week 8, Jlbowl2 was the only contestant to go 5-0, so he wins the choice of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt, so congrats to him (and he's already notified me he's visiting in December to collect!).

In Week 9, AronT1 and donrega both went 5-0, so we go to the tiebreaker of whose teams covered by the most points and that went to donrega 55-38.5, thanks to Texans covering by 22 points (both had Ravens, who covered by 20). Congrats to both, but donrega wins the dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt.

Here's the updated NFL Top 10 with ties...donrega used his 5-0 week to also move into a tie with none other than Mr.OutsideVegas. I'm not sure I should tell them that they'd be in the Top 20 of the "real" SuperContest with 30 points out of 45...but there's a long way to go:

donrega 30.0
    Mr.OutsideVegas 30.0
    Aztec10 29.0
    copperheadnu2 29.0
    dubgeedubgee 28.5
    Taketheredeye 28.5
    TARB 28.0
    Jlbowl2 28.0
    Pin chaser 27.5
    Rush4life 27.5

NFL P.O.W (5-4-0)

New Orleans Under 51 1/2 ( William Hill)

The New Orleans "bend but don't break" defense won't give up too many points to Atlanta's inept offense. I think the Saints with Kamara back will pound the ground game, which will keep the clock running and it is also a bit of a contrarian play, since most people believe this will be an over. Short board this week, but I will side with the under in Saints/Atlanta.

Good luck to all.

Comment

• phatman15
      phatman15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry Dave, obviously did not mean to post here,, wondered where it went!! LMAO,, wrong about everything in the write-up,, other than the under!!
Working...
X