Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK 10 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Is anybody out there??? I know Volo tunes in here, but never listens to me. Compass just comes to the thread to see Lizzzzy Baby...I don't blame him! A few others here and there, but if we don't know who, and why you are picking a team, we can't root for you! Maybe everyone is OUT! Let me know if you are IN a pools still!!!!! Big or small.

Unless you were on GB, you might have just slept through the weekend. Some other teams lost, but they didn't take many out. Brownies, Jets, NE go down...NE has a tougher schedule coming up.

It's gonna start getting tougher for the Week 1 players as good teams have been used, and bye weeks still play into how many teams are left to pick from.

ON THE RADAR...

BALT @ CINN...WIll BALT have a letdown after the NE win??? That's the only thing that will slow them down, as Lamar Jackson is becoming a bigger nightmare for DC's as the season goes on. He comes to play every game, and can win it by himself.

MIA @ INDY...MIA hit their high water mark, and now it's time to go back to tanking...INDY has a HOF kicker that is kicking like a high school sophomore! I think the home-cooking gets them right against the fish.

ATL @ NO...Hard to see ATL finding enough fight to beat NO on the road, but they showed some spunk coming back from a 24-0 deficit vs SEA. They come off the bye, but the defense might stay on the bye as NO is gonna fight to get the number one seed, and needs every win they can as SF hasn't lost yet.

SEA @ SF...Speaking of SF...ARI gave them a game. Not sure if they unlocked the good D the Forty-Whiners have been playing, or if they just weren't up for the game. SEA will have their attention, but the SEA D is still a mess, and letting a lot of points in. Josh Gordon might play at WR, and Diggs the corner they got from DET might play too. SEA is gonna have to see if they can find a way to beat the SF D. Wilson is having an MVP season, and Carson their main back ran well against the number one run D that TB brought to SEA last week. Division game. It should be close.

KC at TENN...Mahomes could play, but if he doesn't, Moore should be able to find a way to keep the offense going, and the win over MINN was very a good one, even though the kicker had to have a good day...Effffing kickers. We have one in SEA we'd like to trade!

LAR @ PITT...I like LAR here off the bye. PITT playing some decent football, but if LAR brings their A-game, I think they can get past a fiesty PITT team that is still trying, but is stepping up in class this week.

That's all I have for Week 10...Throw out your thoughts, or just throw out the garbage.

Survivorgrid.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	gridw10.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	10399

Comment

Thanks for the check for this update.Still alive in 2000$ pool with either Colts or NO this week.Funny thing,the week I lost in Adam 1 I had 2 teams and picked winner in Small pool and loser in Adam 1,Only If I had switched.

Comment

Going to go with the Saints this week. Down to 900 or so out of 6000 starting in the 50K winner take all pool. Starting in week 14 it gets hard as heck, have to pick 2 or 3 teams depending on number of remaining contestants. Hope I make it that far. Thanks again for the write-ups. The game you mentioned above that scares me the most is the Fish against the Colts. I could see a scenario where the Fish could win an ugly game and the Colts miss an important extra point or field goal, the Fish have played hard even though they suck.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          The million dollar pool some of us were in does that starting week 12...they went from 10,000 entries to 13 last year. MIA on swagger theory maybe...if it was in MIA I'd give them more if a chance but anything can happen.

Get a W!!

• Mrvolo
          Mrvolo commented
          Editing a comment
          After some thought I have a feeling Miami could have a second good game and will go with NO Also.GL

I love reading this thread-- I root for anyone still in something!! And anyway
        one picture is worth a thousand words...…..

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          I have many words for her..."Lizzy, put that taser gun down! I was just brushing some lint off your chest!"

Still here and reading weekly - just been super busy at work so not posting anything. 1 pick left in Adam1 pool and rolling with New Orleans this week. Best of luck to all!!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck Deano!!! Chime in when you have the time...

Still reading and grinding here. Still have 3 entries left spread across 3 pools. Really like NO this week, as I do not have Baltimore left to use. Indy is scaring me with Brissett looking like a gametime decision. Will probably go Indy in adam2 and NO in the other 2.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, Brissett would make me take pause. Russell Wilson played on an MCL deal, but it did slow him some along with an ankle injury at the same time. Just the MCL might not be so bad as he's not Lamar Jackson! Who else do you have left of note in Adam 2? I like KC,TB and LAR as possibilities...Mahomes will play is my feeling even though it's not official. Good luck!

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          i just heard on radio that Hilton will probably not play for INDY.

Still alive, and with teams I can this week, this play came down to Baltimore or Indy. I really am not a fan of Hoyer, as Brissett is questionable. Obviously recognize that this is a trap/let down game for Baltimore, but I think defense travels, and so does Lamar. Opted for Baltimore. We are down to 19 players,, so hoping to find a way to make it to next week.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Lamar Jackson won't let that offense be complacent...He is AMAZING, and is a BALLER!

I think am going with Indy this week even if Jacoby doesn't play. I think Hoyer can get the job done. Miami is in tank mode once again since they got their first win last week. I just don't see any value for the Colts in the coming weeks. I have the Saints left but I would like to save them for when they play the Falcons again in 3 weeks...if I make it that far.

Comment

Crazy that Adam pools still have a combined 3 missed deadlines this week. How hard is it to put a spot filler in Monday or Tuesday and change it on Thursday?

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            It's so easy, even a caveman can do it...One would think!

Who you on?

• mtheller
            mtheller commented
            Editing a comment
            I was on the bomb. gripped it so tight, I couldn't let go. 2 picks on NO and 1 on Indy. I am sitting at the barbershop with my boys Sunday morning and watching ESPN (11am EST). I have one pool left that I can flip a pick on. I am currently on NO, when I see the bottom line say that Stafford is out. I immediately think about switching the NO entry to Chicago. Knowing damn well, most of the pool would still be on Indy and NO, it was my shot to zag........but I couldn't muster up the balls to switch to a bi-polar Bears team.

The Fantasy Survivor Liz Hurley Pick Of The Week Isssssssss...

NO - If the lose this one, they should move the team to London!

Week 1: BALT (W)
          Week 2: CAR (L)
          Week 3: TB (L)

Week 4: INDY (L)
          Week 5: NE (W)
          Week 6: DAL (L)
          Week 7: BUFF (W)
          Week 8: LAMBS (W)
          Week 9: PHILLY (W)
          Week 10: NO

I can't believe Compass didn't send out a hit squad on me for not having LIZZZZZZY up sooner! This whole restraining order crap she's pulling is just a 'hard to get' ploy, I just know it!!!!

OMG...IF she had a twin, I'd give Volo's retirement fund to have 'date night' with them...I'm weak just thinking about it.

​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	liz double.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	10492

Comment

ADAM'S POOL SUMMARIES...

In all my years of doing these pools, I've never seen two teams take up this much of a percentage of the picks. That INDY game possibly could go boom...No Brissett, and yes, it is MIA, BUT, it's more dangerous now if Hoyer goes out, then what?! They'll probably win by two TD's! LOL!
            O
            ADAM 1 ADAM 2
            Click image for larger version  Name:	adam1w10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	10494 Click image for larger version  Name:	adam2w10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	10495

Comment

Hey cyber. Been quiet so far this season but I am here. Still alive in Adam1 after taking Balty this week. Looks like the pool is down to 32 pending the outcome of tomorrow’s game. Things are getting interesting now!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                GREAT job Schierby...Just keep doing what you're doing, and don't listen to anyone on this thread! LOL! Keep us posted on how it goes the rest of the way!

All 9 lost in my 2000$ pool so we come back next week.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                A true 2nd chance! Zag when they zig is how you win! Good luck!
            Working...
            X