No announcement yet.

Ranking the CFB playoff teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming that Oregon holds on and beats Utah, here are the odds of getting the #4 spot in the playoffs:
    Oklahoma 50%
    Georgia 30%
    Baylor 20%

Comment

Has LSU done enough to take over the #1 spot in the playoffs? I say yes. LSU has played a tougher schedule than Ohio State. Beating Georgia by a score of 37-10 is a statement game. Georgia allowed a fraction more than 10 points per game in the regular season. LSU's 37 points is the first time this year that Georgia allowed more than 17 points in regulation time. Here are my rankings for the playoffs:
      1 LSU
      2 Ohio State
      3 Clemson
      4 Oklahoma.

Comment

• Buckeyefan80
        Buckeyefan80 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't say Georgia Southern and Northwestern State are tougher opponents. It's arguable either way, but the SEC is always overrated so those teams get higher rankings just being in the conference. It is also known that it is hard to beat the same team twice in a season so is it really not a tough game? Also, Georgia lost AT HOME to a team that finished the season 4-8!!! They basically fell into the 4 spot due to everyone else sucking.

Ohio State shouldn’t be allowed in the playoffs. They are trash

Comment

Clemson will be favored by about a field goal in the first round of the playoffs, whether it is playing LSU or Ohio State. Oklahoma will be an underdog in the first round by double digits.

Comment

I think it will be LSU, OSU, Clemson, Oklahoma.......But the 2nd half of the OSU game they proved they are the #1 team...just like last week....they make better halftime adjustments than any other team I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by gcotton View Post
            I think it will be LSU, OSU, Clemson, Oklahoma.......But the 2nd half of the OSU game they proved they are the #1 team...just like last week....they make better halftime adjustments than any other team I can remember.
            Ohio State had to make adjustments because the Buckeyes were losing. LSU blew away a top flight Georgia team, wire-to-wire. So which is more impressive, beating the number 8 team by 13 in a second half blowout or beating the number 4 team by 27 in a full game blowout? By far, LSU's win was more impressive. LSU's four wins over Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Auburn were against stronger opposition than Ohio State's four wins over Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan. LSU has earned the #1 seed in the playoffs. If the committee gives it to Ohio State, it will be an injustice.
            Last edited by TARB; 12-08-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I am overjoyed that the committee concurred with my selections.
              1 LSU
              2 Ohio State
              3 Clemson
              4 Oklahoma

Westgate early lines ........ my lines
              1 Oklahoma
              4 LSU 9.5 ............................13.5

3 Clemson ........................... 2.5
              2 Ohio State 1
              Last edited by TARB; 12-08-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X