Results of Weeks 10 of our FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of Weeks 10 of our FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

NOTE: I WASN'T ABLE TO OPEN THE CONTEST SITE AT contests.viewfromvegas.com or contests.viewfromvegas.net ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING TO PUT IN THE LINE FOR WEEK 11...BUT AFTER AN HOUR WITH GoDaddy TECH SUPPORT, THEY FINALLY GOT THE ISSUE RESOLVED (THOUGH I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT EXACTLY WENT WRONG OR HOW TO RESOLVE IT IF IT EVER HAPPENS AGAIN)...THE END RESULT IS THE WEEK 11 LINES ARE NOW LIVE. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE & UNDERSTANDING.

Hello VFV Nation...this is the weekly thread that we post to give the weekly winners and update the leaderboards of our popular NFL & NCAA contests that we host at our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com and http://contests.viewfromvegas.net. Our NCAA contest mirrors the College Pick'em at William Hill as players make 7 picks a week from 25 games picked by WillHill. The weekly deadline is 8 a.m. PT Saturdays (so everyone can see everyone's selections if they want in advance of the early games that start at noon ET/9 a.m. PT. Their contest ends after 10 weeks but we continue it for 2 more weeks through Thanksgiving Weekend (I pick the 25 games those weeks). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 7-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 7-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

Without further adieu, we didn't have any contestants go 7-0 in Week 10, so there's no weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a ViewFromVegas shirt.

Here's the updated leaderboard with uniqorn in the lead, but 4 players (spam55, Texan73, Rush4life and juicebox) just 1 point behind with 2 weeks and 14 picks to go...GLA:
    '
    uniqorn 43.0
    spam55 42.0
    Texan73 42.0
    Rush4life 42.0
    juicebox 42.0
    Mattysharp 40.0
    Saas25 39.0
    tonylove 39.0
    HugeFiasco 39.0
    afelder 39.0

Our NFL contest mirrors the SuperContest at the Westgate Las Vegas as players make 5 picks a week from the full NFL card vs. the Westgate's contest lines. The weekly deadline is 1 a.m. PT Saturdays (just like the "real" SuperContest). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 5-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 5-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

In NFL Week 10, no contestants went a perfect 5-0, so again no weekly prize.

And here's the updated NFL leaderboard with dubgeedubgee holding a half-point lead over Aztec10 and several sharp handicappers within striking distance:

dubgeedubgee 33.0
    Aztec10 32.5
    copperheadnu2 32.0
    donrega 31.5
    Jlbowl2 31.5
    Taketheredeye 31.0
    Mr.OutsideVegas 30.5
    Rush4life 30.5
    Buckets 29.5
    Pin chaser 29.0
    Suntandan 29.0

Hurray! After an hour on chat with GoDaddy customer support, the dedicated contest site is back up and running. NFL lines going live at midnight ET/9 p.m. PT...NCAA lines going up around 12:15 a.m./9:15 p.m. PT

Will then update these above leaderboards...

Comment

OK, the contest site is back up and running (glad to see cybergolf right behind me in posting his selections in both the NFL and NCAA contests -- that reassured me that the site was accessible and everything back to normal) and I've updated the leaderboards above.

Note: after the 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT deadline for NCAA plays this Saturday, I'll post all the plays of the Top 6 players so we can see where everyone will be standing after this Saturday and heading into the final weekend. GLA

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, just kept hitting refresh for hours and hours on the contest site, and to win tickets to see 'Frozen 2' movie!!!! LMEAO!!!!!!

As promised, here are today's plays for the Top 6 contestants in our FREE NCAA "mirror"contest. uniqorn leads at 43-27 (61.4%) with the next five all hitting 60%..GLA:

uniqorn...43-27...MINNESOTA...UCLA...IOWA ST...BAYLOR...MICHIGAN...ALABAMA...LSU...4-3...47
      spam55...42-28...IOWA...COLORADO ST...NAVY...GEORGIA...TEXAS...TEXAS TECH...MICHIGAN.....5-2...47
      Texan73...42-28...LOUISVILLE...CLEMSON...WYOMING...NAVY...SOUTH CAROLINA...TEXAS...ALABAMA...5-2...47

Rush4life...42-28...LOUISVILLE...UTAH...TEXAS A&M...AUBURN...BAYLOR...MISSOURI...UNLV...4-3...46
      juicebox...42-28...MINNESOTA...COLORADO ST...WYOMING...NAVY...TEXAS...MICHIGAN...ALABAMA.. .4-3...46

Whoa, Nellie! We've got a tight race for the season-long title with a 3-way tie for 1st place heading into next week...now, I just realized that even though I've been saying all along that we were extending our NCAA contest "2 weeks" through Thanksgiving Weekend...it's actually 3 week. So I'm making an executive decision and I'm extending through Thanksgiving Weekend as I've been announcing all along and making it a 13-week contest, so everyone has 14 picks remaining...I also think it's pretty cool that Mrs. Pixter went 7-0 this Saturday to pull into a tie for 10th place with Mr. Pixter :
      spam55 47.0
      Texan73 47.0
      uniqorn 47.0
      Rush4life 46.0
      juicebox 46.0
      HugeFiasco 45.0
      RadiBln 45.0
      Mattysharp 45.0
      Saas25 45.0
      mr pixter 44.0
      Mrs Pixter 44.0

Comment