Results of Week 12 of our FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of Week 12 of our FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Hello VFV Nation...this is the weekly thread that we post to give the weekly winners and update the leaderboards of our popular NFL & NCAA contests that we host at our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com and http://contests.viewfromvegas.net. Our NCAA contest mirrors the College Pick'em at William Hill as players make 7 picks a week from 25 games picked by WillHill. The weekly deadline is 8 a.m. PT Saturdays (so everyone can see everyone's selections if they want in advance of the early games that start at noon ET/9 a.m. PT. Their contest ends after 10 weeks but we continue it through Thanksgiving Weekend (I pick the 25 games those weeks). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 7-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 7-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

Without further ado, we had 2 contestants (AronT1 & str8outtadurango) post perfect 7-0 records, so we go to the tiebreaker of whose teams covered by the most combined points and the winner was str8outtadurango at +77.5 over AronT1 at +59.5, so str8outtadurango wins his choice of dinner with yours truly (maybe we'll go back to the lobster truck that was on "Shark Tank" LMEAO) or a ViewFromVegas shirt.

Here's the updated leaderboard with uniqorn, juicebox & Texan73 tied for the lead heading into the last weekend of play. Now, this is important so I'm putting it in bold: for those who don't know, we use Friday & Saturday games on this last week only, though I only chose to include 5 Friday games...anyway, the deadline is kickoff of the first game you use if using a Friday game (noon ET/9 a.m. PT for the first 3 games on the contest page and then Cincinnati-Memphis at 3:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. PT and then Washington State-Washington at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT); otherwise, the regular 11 a.m./8 a.m. PT Saturday deadline applies. I'll then post the leaders' plays below in this thread and we'll track the competition until we crown our NCAA season champ!:

juicebox 52.0
    Uniqorn 52.0
    Texan73 52.0
    spam55 51.0
    Mattysharp 49.0
    mr pixter 49.0
    HugeFiasco 49.0
    RadiBln 49.0
    Rush4life 49.0
    str8outtadurango 48.0
    Mrs Pixter 48.0

Our NFL contest mirrors the SuperContest at the Westgate Las Vegas as players make 5 picks a week from the full NFL card vs. the Westgate's contest lines. The weekly deadline is 1 a.m. PT Saturdays (just like the "real" SuperContest). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 5-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 5-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

In NFL Week 12, there were no perfect scores in our contest so no weekly prize.

And here's the updated NFL leaderboard with Aztec10 & Rush4life3 taking over the lead, but several others within striking distance with 5 weeks to go:

Aztec10 38.5
    Rush4life 38.5
    donrega 37.5
    Mr.OutsideVegas 36.5
    Buckets 36.5
    Suntandan 36.0
    Taketheredeye 36.0
    dubgeedubgee 36.0
    copperheadnu2 36.0
    zjabroni 34.5
    rich2357 34.5

Here's where I'll put the leaders' plays on Saturday morning (or earlier if they also put their plays in earlier).

Comment

I will take you up on the dinner on my next trip to Vegas. Thanks Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by str8outtadurango View Post
        I will take you up on the dinner on my next trip to Vegas. Thanks Dave.
        Very cool...good luck down the stretch in your other contests, too!

Comment

Here are the selections for the leaders in the season-long title of our FREE ViewFromVegas CFB Contest...if none of the leaders has a shot at 7-0 or 6-1, we'll add those that started the week at 50 points or lower to see if they can catch up...tehnically, uniqorn has moved into the lead at 53 points due to going 1-1 in Friday games but obviously juicebox and/or Texan73 can reclaim lead as they enter Saturday with clean slates...GLA:

Uniqorn 52.0...VIRGINIA TECH.(L).WASHINGTON.(W).MINNESOTA...TEXAS A&M...OKLAHOMA ST...NOTRE DAME...FLORIDA ST...1-1...53
          juicebox 52.0...GEORGIA TECH...KANSAS ST...COLORADO...NOTRE DAME...ARIZONA ST...OREGON ST...ARMY...0-0...52
          Texan73 52.0...BOSTON COLLEGE...KANSAS ST...LOUISVILLE...OKLAHOMA ST...ARIZONA...FLORIDA ST...OREGON ST...0-0...52
          spam55 51.0...VIRGINIA.(W).WASHINGTON ST.(L).MINNESOTA...KENTUCKY...AUBURN...NOTRE DAME...ARMY...1-1...52

For those who aren't aware, below are the contest lines:

Virginia Tech 2.5
          Virginia
          Wyoming
          Air Force 10.5
          Toledo
          Central Michigan 10.5
          UNLV
          Nevada 7.5
          Texas Tech
          Texas 9.5
          Texas A&M
          LSU 17.5
          Cincinnati
          Memphis 11.5
          Louisville
          Kentucky 3.5
          Washington St.
          Washington 7.5
          Alabama 3.5
          Auburn
          Georgia 28.5
          Georgia Tech
          Northwestern
          Illinois 8.5
          Boston College
          Pittsburgh 9.5
          Oklahoma 12.5
          Oklahoma St.
          Iowa St. 4.5
          Kansas St.
          Notre Dame 16.5
          Stanford
          Navy 8.5
          Houston
          Arizona
          Arizona St. 13.5
          Ohio St. 9.5
          Michigan
          Florida St.
          Florida 17.5
          Clemson 27.5
          South Carolina
          Oregon St.
          Oregon 19.5
          Wisconsin 2.5
          Minnesota
          Army
          Hawaii 2.5
          Colorado
          Utah 28.5

Comment

We are down to juicebox, Texan73 & spam55 for the 2 season-long prizes...Arizona & Arizona State are playing right now...if ASU (-13.5) covers, then juicebox would take over the lead and can clinch with Army +2.5 at Hawaii...if Arizona covers, Texan73 takes the lead and wins title if Army fails to cover, but it'll be back to a 3-way tie if Army covers. If there's a tie for the season-long title, I'll have them pick 7 from the 10 conference title games next weekend:

juicebox 52.0...GEORGIA TECH.(L).KANSAS ST.(W).COLORADO.(L).NOTRE DAME.(W).ARIZONA ST...OREGON ST.(W).ARMY...3-2...55
            Texan73 52.0...BOSTON COLLEGE.(W).KANSAS ST.(W).LOUISVILLE.(L).OKLAHOMA ST.(L).ARIZONA...FLORIDA ST.(L).OREGON ST.(W).3-3...55
            spam55 51.0...VIRGINIA.(W).WASHINGTON ST.(L).MINNESOTA.(L).KENTUCKY.(W).AUBURN.(W).NOTRE DAME.(W).ARMY...4-2...55

Comment

With Arizona getting the back-door cover against Arizona State, Texan73 moves into first place at 56-35 (61.5%)...but juicebox and spam55 can still force a 3-way tie if Army +2.5 covers against Hawaii in the late game, otherwise Texan73 clinches:

Texan73 52.0...BOSTON COLLEGE.(W).KANSAS ST.(W).LOUISVILLE.(L).OKLAHOMA ST.(L).ARIZONA.(W). FLORIDA ST.(L).OREGON ST.(W).4-3...56
              juicebox 52.0...GEORGIA TECH.(L).KANSAS ST.(W).COLORADO.(L).NOTRE DAME.(W).ARIZONA ST.(L).OREGON ST.(W).ARMY...3-3...55
              spam55 51.0...VIRGINIA.(W).WASHINGTON ST.(L).MINNESOTA.(L).KENTUCKY.(W).AUBURN.(W).NOTRE DAME.(W).ARMY...4-2...55

Comment

Well, thanks to Army crapping the bed, it looks like Texan73 will win this thing. Congrats to him, and I look forward to the tied-for-2nd-place prize, which I assume is some sort of nothing.

Thanks as always to Dave for running this thing, and I look forward to narrowly missing again next year!

Comment

Congratulations to Texan73 for winning our NCAA "Mirror" Contest as Army failed to come through for the two contestants (juicebox and spam55) who needed the Cadets late Saturday night/early Sunday morning in Arizona. Texan73 wins 2 nights at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly & a ViewFromVegas Shirt...juicebox and Spam55 tied for 2nd place and I'll give them each dinner for 2 with yours truly and a VFV Shirt:

Texan73 52.0...BOSTON COLLEGE.(W).KANSAS ST.(W).LOUISVILLE.(L).OKLAHOMA ST.(L).ARIZONA.(W). FLORIDA ST.(L).OREGON ST.(W).4-3...56
                  juicebox 52.0...GEORGIA TECH.(L).KANSAS ST.(W).COLORADO.(L).NOTRE DAME.(W).ARIZONA ST.(L).OREGON ST.(W).ARMY...3-4...55
                  spam55 51.0...VIRGINIA.(W).WASHINGTON ST.(L).MINNESOTA.(L).KENTUCKY.(W).AUBURN.(W).NOTRE DAME.(W).ARMY...4-3...55

Comment

Working...
                  X