No announcement yet.

2019 NFL P.O.W. Week #14 (December 5- Dec 9) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POW 7-6 (not 6-6 as reported in standings. Had Buffalo on Thanksgiving Day)
    Cardinals +2 MGM
    Too much disarray in Steeltown with head coach on the chopping block and infighting among players. Cards in a rebuilding year, but still playing hard.

Comment

• Aztec10
      Aztec10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really, Coach Tomlin on chopping block? Might be the best job of his career getting this team to 8-5 with a look at the playoffs.

POW 9-4 UNDER 47.5 Sea/Rams @Circa and MGM This is a big game for the Rams to try and salvage their season. The defense has to rise to the occasion here to make that happen, last game between these two flew over the total, yet the number dropped a little, I made it 44 which triggers a play on the Under for me

Comment

NFL POW 6-7

Patriots -3 William Hill

This is a tricky line because a three-point Pats win is clearly among the most likely outcomes. They beat the Chiefs by a field goal at this site last season, and laying a field goal with them is arguably safer considering their reputation both at home and coming off losses (they've followed up four of their last five losses with victories of seven points or more). The Patriots are in a unique position if they fall to the Chiefs on Sunday. At 10-3, each of their losses will be against the other likely AFC division winners: Baltimore, Houston and now Kansas City. It could even bring back the AFC East into play, however unlikely, with Buffalo sitting at 9-3 entering Sunday's showdown with the Ravens.
      It's hard to believe the Patriots putting themselves in that type of spot. The Chiefs' defense has enough holes for Brady's passing game to improve; Mahomes will find the Patriots more difficult to pass on than was the case in January. Having no kicker is cause for concern up in Foxboro (Nick Folk and Kai Forbath are the most likely candidates) but this team has hung in there thus far without Stephen Gostkowski. Home field advantage for the Patriots should play a big role.
      GL.

Comment

NFL POW 7-5-1

Oakland Raiders +3 (South Point)

Titans have been playing well, but this may be a potential flat spot for them having just played a divisional game against the Colts, and then having another divisional game against the Texans next week. I think they may overlook a Raiders team that is 5-1 SU and 4-2 ATS at home this year, but turned in a couple of horrible performances on the road the past couple weeks. Plus Raiders are battling to keep their own playoff hopes alive, so expecting a motivated and focused effort from them.

Comment

NFL POW 7-6

Tennessee/Oakland under 48 (Circa Sports)

I was all set to play Tennessee as my POW, and even started my write up as such, but when the line moved to a field goal, I had second thoughts. It seems like both teams will try to establish a running game, and Oakland has been inept offensively the past several weeks, with the lone bright spot being Josh Jacobs. Jacobs is banged up, and listed as questionable as of yesterday. Without him, the offense would be even more limited.

The Raiders are struggling at the moment as they enter this game having lost their last two games in a row and they have been outscored 74-12 in those games. Sure, they both were on the road but playing at home might not help them here, especially against a hot Tennessee team. The Titans enter this game having won five of their last six games and that coincides with the insertion of Ryan Tannehill as the starting quarterback.

Derrick Henry has been a beast of late as he has rushed for 347 yards and four TDs in his last two games and I think he has another good game against a Raiders’ run defense that has slipped of late. The Titans are playing with a ton of confidence right now, have the overall edge on defense and the Raiders have had their confidence shaken after getting whipped in their last two games. Side with Tennessee winning this game, but the better value seems to be on the under. Give me the under, and let's keep that clock running! GLTA
          • The Favorite (Titans) are 9-2 ATS the last 11 games in this series
          • The road team is 4-0 ATS the last four games in this series

Comment

2019 NFL P.O.W. (8-4-1 YTD)

Seattle Seahawks PK (Westgate)

I usually don't like to take road division teams, but will in this one. Going with the overall better team and the possible league MVP.....SEA is is a perfect 6-0 on the road this season while LAR are just 2-3 in the Coliseum. SEA has been playing so well of late, while LAR have been struggling......in basically a pick the winner game, I will take Mr. Wilson and Seahawk Ricks birds in primetime tonight.

Seattle Seahawks 31
            LA Rams 21

Best of luck to all in Week 14!

Comment

POW 7-4-2
              Saints -2 (Westgate)

After last weeks "super bowl preview", SF could come up empty. Second road game in a row and an early start. Catch a very good NO off the mini bye. Saints #3 run D, will force SF to be one dimensional and rely on the pass. Looking for numerous sacks and a couple of ints.

GLA

Comment

NFL POW 5-8

Tenn/Oak over 46.5 (MGM)

Tennessee offense has been strong under Tannehill ans I don’t think the market has caught up yet. Oakland will hopefully score more points at home than they have on the road the past two weeks. Feel it is buying low on Oakland’s offense at this point. Guessing the total will finish in the mid 50’s, like 31-24 Tennessee. GLTA

Comment

2019 NFL P.O.W. (7-6-0)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -3 (MGM)

Because I'm desperate at 7-6 and in desperate times there are worse things you can do than bet on NE in December - as a short home favorite - off a loss - with Playoff seeding on the line. And as a Dolphins fan that looooathes the Patriots you can call this an emotional hedge because getting this wrong would bring me even more joy than getting it right.

Comment

NFL POW 8-5-0
                    Browns -6.5 Westgate

Taking the brownies in this spot, Bengals got off the schneid last but think their o line will be exposed by the Browns front 7.
                    1st meeting between these teams this year, Browns won both matchup so last year , taking my chances with the home team to win by 7 or more.

Comment

FTB YTD 8-5-0
                      Green Bay -13 Stations
                      seem bo be in good groove and washington has thrown in the towel
                      Rogers is worth a couple td's himself

Comment

NFL POW (4-7-2 YTD)

Baltimore -6 (westgate)

On the ropes so I’m going with the team that’s playing the best ball right now. Not much else to say that hasn’t been said in earlier posts but I think 6 is low against a team that is good but doesn’t have a signature win.

Comment

NFL POW 9-4 YTD

Seattle + 1 Westgate

Forgot to put in earlier so will go with Seahawks who seem to thrive as an underdog and will probably want to remain undefeated on the road this year. With SF Winning, they can still win divison with a loss here as if they beat SF at home later on. This is off a big Monday Night Game, and LA at its healthiest. Ill take chances with Seattle as they play great in Primetime games and the Rams havent really beaten anybody good since September. Russell Rolls on.......

Comment

NFL POW (7-6-0)

1ST HALF: Philly -5.5 (Westgate)

Eli Manning has been essentially retired for about 2 months now and he gets the emergency start in a game that his front office would probably prefer to lose to stay alive for #1 pick. Have to believe he will be rusty at best and not like he has a ton of playmakers to help him out. Philly, somehow, still very much alive for playoffs and inspired by Cowboys implosion, I think they come out firing tonight.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (6-7)

Eagles -9 (Westgate)

Unfortunately had to work this weekend and totally forgot about my pick so I am stuck with one game. Don't really have much for a write up due to being only game. Gonna follow a guy thats been pretty decent in primetime games

Comment

Working...
                              X