Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FREE 2019 ViewFromVegas ATS Bowl Contest (rules inside & we'll update standings here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE 2019 ViewFromVegas ATS Bowl Contest (rules inside & we'll update standings here)

We're doing our annual ViewFromVegas ATS Bowl Contest on our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com and http://contests.viewfromvegas.net This is the "official" VFV Bowl Contest as we pick ATS and first place will be two nights at the a Vegas hotel, plus dinner with yours truly and a VFV shirt, 2nd place will be dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt. We will also offer a dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt to the best record in each tier (must go 7-0 for the Tier prize, plus subject to a tiebreaker of whose 7 wins cover by the most combined points).

It's a little complicated, so please read the rules carefully so you understand how all the deadlines work, etc.

Everyone will make 14 ATS picks during the bowl season, 7 picks apiece in 2 different tiers. Just like the regular-season contest, you'll make all plays (again, 7 per tier) on the http://contests.viewfromvegas.com website during the designated time frames. Unlike the regular season, 1 point will be earned per win and 0.5 points per push as I'm using the VFV Consensus Lines at the time I post the contest lines and not changing everything to half-point lines. Everyone's records will be tabulated on the dedicated website but we'll run updated standings here in this thread as the "Overall Standings" on the other site will be combined with regular-season results and not just limited to the bowls like we need for this contest. In each tier, the deadline will be the scheduled kickoff of the first game used of your 7 selections, thus, anyone can enter up until there are 7 games remaining in that tier.

Tier 1: Pick 7 games from the 22 boarded bowl games between Friday, Dec. 20 and Saturday, Dec. 28 (starting with the Bahamas Bowl and ending with Fiesta Bowl aka/ national semifinal). Your Tier 1 deadline is the scheduled kickoff of the first game used and all plays for this Tier must be submitted by the 3:45 p.m. PT scheduled kickoff of the Texas Bowl on Friday, Dec. 27). This also acts as the deadline to enter the contest for the 1st and 2nd place prizes.

Tier 2: Pick 7 games from the 18 boarded bowl games between Monday, Dec. 30, and Monday, Jan. 6 (starting with the First Responder Bowl and ending with the Alabama Bowl). Your Tier 2 deadline is the scheduled kickoff of the first game used and all plays for this Tier must be submitted by the 2 p.m. PT scheduled kickoff of the Rose Bowl on Wednesday, Jan. 1. If someone didn't enter by the Tier 1 deadline, they can still enter for this Tier's prizes as long as they meet these deadlines. IMPORTANT: lines for Tier 2 won't be posted until after the Clemson-Ohio State game on Saturday, Dec. 28 is graded (approximately midnight ET/9 p.m. PT, which is also when we'll have the compete Tier 1 standings posted here).

Tiebreaker: In the event there is a tie for either 1st or 2nd place, we'll use the National Championship Game on Monday, Jan. 13, as a tiebreaker. Further details will be posted here if that becomes necessary, but the intended format will be for yours truly, Dave Tuley, to contact those tied for their ATS pick in the title game and a pick on the over/under if those tied have the same ATS pick.

I hope that covers everything, but please let me know if there are any questions. Rules are subject to change (though I highly doubt any will but my lawyers advise me to post this) at the full discretion of Dave Tuley and are decisions are final.

Tier 1 games are now live on the dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com and http://contests.viewfromvegas.net GLA

Is the deadline for tier 1 today? It says the Texas Bowl. That's next week.

Comment

Originally posted by yisman View Post
      Is the deadline for tier 1 today? It says the Texas Bowl. That's next week.
      Thanks for the correction on Twitter earlier...sorry for the confusion. I tried to clarify it in my reply. The deadine for each person's picks is the scheduled kickoff of the first game they use...the drop-dead deadline for everyone to enter is the 3:35 p.m. PT of the Texas Bowl on Dec. 27 as that's when there's only 7 games left to pick in Tier 1. Obviously, anyone who wants more games to choose from will enter long before that.

Sans Bubble Text @yisman
      @ViewFromVegas "all plays for this Tier must be submitted by the 3:45 p.m. PT scheduled kickoff of the Texas Bowl on Friday, Dec. 20)." The Texas Bowl is on 12/27

Dave Tuley @ViewFromVegas
      Thanks for correction...to clarify, ViewFromVegas ATS Bowl Contest starts at 11 am PT and players must make their first 7 picks by kickoff of 1st game they use...deadline is Texas Bowl (Dec. 27) as that's when 7 games left in Tier 1

Comment

So, I hope that's clear to everyone that the contest started with the Bahamas Bowl this morning, but anyone can still enter over the next week.

FYI: We had 73 entries by the start of the first game. Hopefully we get to around 100. GLA

Comment

OK, we're over 100 entrants so far in the bowl contest, so I'm glad we've met my goal. Reminder: deadline to enter is 3:45 pm today with kickoff of the Texas Bowl as that's when 7 games remain in Tier 1.

Here's a mini-leaderboard update entering Friday's games...though many people have the majority of their Tier 1 plays coming up the next two days. We'll update the standings here after Saturday's CFB Playoff games and post the Tier 2 lines at that time also. GLA

1000towin 5.0
          phatfart 4.0
          tuleythetout 4.0

Comment

All right! That was a thrilled Tier 1...are you in contention? I'm setting up the lines for Tier 2 and they should be live by the time you read this (for full instructions on deadlines, etc., go back to the original post in this thread, but here's the Tier 2 portion:

Tier 2: Pick 7 games from the 18 boarded bowl games between Monday, Dec. 30, and Monday, Jan. 6 (starting with the First Responder Bowl and ending with the Alabama Bowl). Your Tier 2 deadline is the scheduled kickoff of the first game used and all plays for this Tier must be submitted by the 2 p.m. PT scheduled kickoff of the Rose Bowl on Wednesday, Jan. 1. If someone didn't enter by the Tier 1 deadline, they can still enter for this Tier's prizes as long as they meet these deadlines. IMPORTANT: lines for Tier 2 won't be posted until after the Clemson-Ohio State game on Saturday, Dec. 28 is graded (approximately midnight ET/9 p.m. PT, which is also when we'll have the compete Tier 1 standings posted here).

Here's the leaderboard after Tier 1...no one went 7-0 to win the Tier 1 prize (I was 5-0 but dropped my last two picks):

Blue Horseshoe 6.0
            buckeyefan80 6.0
            Xavier Rob 6.0
            Amazingmom 5.0
            fish48 5.0
            Freejack2 5.0
            HugeFiasco 5.0
            Kamsky1914 5.0
            Archie8 5.0
            Misio95 5.0
            Macker22 5.0
            phatfart 5.0
            RadiBln 5.0
            Rush4life 5.0
            spam55 5.0
            Texan73 5.0
            tuleythetout 5.0
            uniqorn 5.0
            1000towin 5.0
            tonylove 4.0
            Trackmaned 4.0
            Sidewinder105 4.0
            Sorany 4.0
            strikethegold 4.0
            TARB 4.0
            mattyiceeee 4.0
            mike1234 4.0
            Aztec10 4.0
            Bart9104 4.0
            beckjonah1 4.0
            biggator53 4.0
            coachv29 4.0
            comprose 4.0
            Koobui 4.0
            gbogh 4.0
            donrega 4.0
            dr jay 4.0
            east coast 4.0
            Blueandgold65 4.0
            Deano 4.0
            tjsfinest 4.0
            AllOutBlitz 4.0
            Ezrider39 4.0
            Jlbowl2 4.0
            senator L 4.0
            Ninerutefan 4.0

Comment

Damn. If replay officials knew that 4 steps actually does equal a catch I could’ve been 7-0. Good luck to everyone in tier 2.

Comment

• Xavier Rob
                Xavier Rob commented
                Editing a comment
                You and me both! LMEAO. Good luck in the next round.

Here is the leaderboard as far as I figure heading into the Rose Bowl (I've dropped several people from the list with around 7 to 8 points but they don't have enough plays yet to win the contest)..I'll certainly need to audit everything later as several people playing a lot of the later games and could come from nowhere ...but fun to track...good luck to all with bowl plays....and Happy New Year!

Rush4life 5.0+4...9...GEORGIA TENNESSEE
              Jlbowl2 4.0+4.5...8.5...OREGON
              buckeyefan80 6.0+2...8...WISCONSIN GEORGIA INDIANA OHIO
              Xavier Rob 6.0+2...8...OREGON GEORGIA CINCINNATI OHIO
              senator L 4.0+4...8...OREGON TENNESSEE
              Amazingmom 5.0+3...8...WISCONSIN BAYLOR
              mike1234 4.0+4...8...GEORGIA
              HugeFiasco 5.0+3...8...WISCONSIN GEORGIA INDIANA
              Archie8 5.0+3...8...WISCONSIN BAYLOR TENNESSEE
              Ninerutefan 4.0+3...7...OREGON BAYLOR
              TARB 4.0+2.5...6.5...OREGON BAYLOR CINCINNATI
              Freejack2 5.0+1...6...WISCONSIN GEORGIA TENNESSEE OHIO TULANE
              east coast 4.0+1...5...OREGON BAYLOR CINCINNATI TENNESSEE OHIO

Comment

Here's the updated leaderboard after the games on New Year's Day...again, I'll have to audit to double-check, but as far as I can tell, these are the only 4 contestants who can finish 1st or 2nd (there are other contestants who can get to 10 points, but their needed wins would have pushed at least 2 of these up to 11...we'll have a further update after Thursday's games...:

Xavier Rob 6.0+4...10...CINCINNATI OHIO
                Rush4life 5.0+5...10...TENNESSEE
                buckeyefan80 6.0+3...9...INDIANA OHIO
                HugeFiasco 5.0+4...9...INDIANA

Comment

I unofficially have Xavier Rob clinching the VFV Bowl Contest with Cincinnati -7 covering in 38-6 rout of Boston College to improve his record to 11-2 and still has a chance to finish 12-2...buckeyefan80 needs another Ohio team to cover to claim sole possession of 2nd place:

Xavier Rob 6.0+5...11...OHIO
                  Rush4life 5.0+5...10
                  buckeyefan80 6.0+4...10...OHIO
                  HugeFiasco 5.0+5...10

Comment

Man this is about the 4th time I will have finished top-3 in this contest but never a bride.

Thanks for doing this, Dave.

Comment

thanks Dave....good job guys

Comment

Congrats Rob and thanks for the contest Dave.

Comment

Here's the official audited results...congrats again to Xavier Rob and buckeyefan80 (and all those going 60% or better in the bowls):

Xavier Rob 6.0+6.0=12

buckeyefan80 6.0+5.0=11

Rush4life 5.0+5.0=10
                          Texan73 5.0+5.0=10
                          HugeFiasco 5.0+5.0=10

Freejack2 5.0+4.0=9
                          RadiBln 5.0+4.0=9
                          mike1234 4.0+5.0=9
                          strikethegold 4.0+5.0=9
                          senator L 4.0+5.0=9

Sidewinder105 4.0+4.5=8.5
                          TARB 4.0+4.5=8.5