Done For The Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done For The Year

Yes, I had a terrible year with college foots and stopped posting after loss #5 in college as I didn’t think it was right to post anymore losers. I did bet 1 more college game, which lost, and 2 NFL picks that did win. Therefore my college record on Dave’s sites since 2015 is starting to fail and because of the last 3 years, I’ll probably avoid the colleges next year.:
    2015: 17-8
    2016: 16-7
    2917: 8-8
    2018: 9-6
    2019: 1-6

Overall, I didn’t do so bad with all my football plays this year, so next year I will stay with Arena, CFL, NFL and take a look at the new XLF. Moreover, I think I will take at least the next year off from posting. Here is my 2019 record on Dave’s site which includes the last 3 games mentioned above that I did not post.

Arena: 5-1 (+4.7u)
    CFL: 8-1 (+22.9u)
    NCAAF: 1-6 (-9.0u)
    NFL: 7-1-1 (+7.9u)
    21-9-1 (+26.5u)

Thx for your picks Dog

Comment

yes thank you.....I won't speak for everyone, but hopefully you change your mind on posting on the site........I know it's a bad feeling to post and then lose, but there's more to it than that.

Good luck

Comment

ThisDogHunts...I understandd the frustration, but as Coachv29 says, we hope you keep posting, too. The vast majority of people posting here (or lurking) aren't looking to follow anyone blindly. They're looking to get input from sharp handicappers like yourself, but at the end of the day they make their betting decisions on their own, so we'd love to still have your thoughts whenever you're willing to share them.

Comment

TDH...I am and have been a lurker on this site for years. I would post my thoughts, however it would be a significant disservice, given my inability to handicap well, to all of the fine folks that are regulars here. I have appreciated your excellent work and thoughts for years now and all I can do is offer a sincere THANK YOU for your efforts. Please reconsider your decision not to post in the future. You would be missed!

Comment

TDH...I created an account today to post this message. Like Charlie, I've been following along for years...here, the LMM, VSIN. Bet my first CFL game this year because of you (and won).
            Even more than your picks, your messages and the high standards you place on yourself and your decisions push me to do better myself, to dig deeper.
            We all evolve our strategies over the years - I've incorporated your thoughts, picks, leans into my process. Thanks for your thoughts and advice, I too hope you reconsider and continue to share.
            21-9-1. That's a mark to be proud of this year, or any year. Well done.

Comment

Ya and 51-35 over 5 seasons of college is like doing 60% in the Supercontest. Don't be too tuff on yersef. Ur very thorough and yet very disciplined and selective. A couple gms flop yer way in coll TY and that 1-6 is 3-4. A minor speed bump.

Comment

Wow! Such nice comments which proves once again that Mr. Dave Tuley attracts quality participants like no other forum on the internet.

Comment

I'll echo what the others have said. I'm not a big poster and about as big a square as there is on this site, but everyone goes through a rough patch. I like to read your analysis as well - it helps to come here and see unbiased, informed analysis on games. Don't let a little cold streak get you down.

Comment

Hey Dog I would say you had a great year excluding the NCAAF so please keep on posting as I have been tagging along on your CFL plays being a Canadian and will include the NFL plays you are posting next year I am not having a great year in NFL but I am plus 1 Game for a profit at the moment.
                    eieio

Comment

ThisDogHunts, I was a lurker for 7-8 years, and this was my #1 site to gather quality insights from vfv posters like you. You and the other members who post here inspired me to become a member myself a few years back. Thank you, and hope to see you continue to post next season. Happy new year! Best wishes, health and happiness to you and your family the coming year.

p.s. I don't know if you follow college BB, but I do ok on brackets, even though i don't watch games or follow very closely during regular season. Like to play espn bracket challenge and gcotton runs a concurrent bracket contest. Anyway, when i fill out brackets, i first start by selecting teams that I have heard something about this year (specifically) or past few years. Then I look at RPI and other ratings, injuries, etc. Seems to work for me usually have some entries qualifying for espn grand prize drawing. Won $50 for my wife by filling out her workplace pool a couple of years back. Guess I'm trying to say in a long winded manner is you have valuable insights to offer in the football offseason or in other sports you follow. Don't stop. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDogHunts View Post
                        Wow! Such nice comments which proves once again that Mr. Dave Tuley attracts quality participants like no other forum on the internet.
                        ThisDogHunts...I'm glad you saw and appreciate these comments (and I appreciate the compliment as well as I am proud of the community we've built here over the years, even if the Forums aren't as active as they once were). And I hope it's a lesson to others as well. I've had lots of posters over the years who have expressed disappointment at the lack of people replying to their posts & threads, but I've always told them that there's more people appreciating their efforts than they realize (heck, there's tons of times where I post and there's no visible feedback and I wonder if I'm wasting my time, but then I hear from appreciative readers and followers all the time and know they're out there). The fact is that it would be silly if there was an endless stream of "Thanks," "Great post," "Good luck," yada yada yada. Most people read through the threads and move on, including many lurkers who don't post at all.

So keep plugging on in the New Year, everyone! GLA

Comment

TDH, I certainly hope you have a change of heart. I respect your thoughts and insight, and truly believe that your plays on the CFL and Arena football are as good as any. IMHO, If there is an "advantage" to be found, it is playing some of the lesser followed leagues, as lines might not be quite as sharp as those found in the heavier played sports like the NFL or major conference college action. I really admire your discipline, I only wish I could emulate that in my handicapping. Keep grinding, and keep up the great work, we appreciate your takes!

Comment

ThisDogHunts, I will echo everyone else's statements... I hope you have a change of heart by the time football season rolls around again. Like many, I have lurked for years and really started engaging on this site about two years ago. 60% win rate is outstanding as we all know in the betting world. I think we all get down when we post picks and they don't come through. I myself was always hesitant to post picks more so because my thought process thought it would jinx the picks. I love reading your insight, along with everyone else's insight on this board.

I hope to see you posting again soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X