Good Heisman long shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Heisman long shot?

I placed a bet on Florida quarterback, Kyle Trask, to win the 2020 Heisman Trophy at 60/1 odds. I think that Florida has a decent chance to win the 2020 National Championship, but the 14/1 odds are too small for me to consider placing a bet. So, I am taking a shot on Trask as a substitute play. After all, Burrow and LSU did it in 2019.

Originally posted by TARB View Post
    I placed a bet on Florida quarterback, Kyle Trask, to win the 2020 Heisman Trophy at 60/1 odds. I think that Florida has a decent chance to win the 2020 National Championship, but the 14/1 odds are too small for me to consider placing a bet. So, I am taking a shot on Trask as a substitute play. After all, Burrow and LSU did it in 2019.
    I think that Burrow could have been bet as high as 200/1 and LSU at 60/1.

Comment

Would love to see the odds on this prop: "Will Joe Burrow be in a Cincinnati Bengals uniform on Opening Day 2020?" My money would be on the NO to this..

Comment

• TARB
        TARB commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that Cincinnati might be able to trade its #1 draft pick to Miami for its three first round choices, namely #5, #18 and #26. Miami would then choose Burrow and Cincinnati would have to choose between Tagovailoa and Herbert at #5 and get two more good players in the first round. If I were making Cincinnati's decision to do that trade or not, I would definitely pull the trigger and I would draft Herbert at #5. After all, even though Burrow looks like the best QB in this years draft, Herbert or Tagovailoa might turn out to be a better NFL QB.
        Last edited by TARB; 02-09-2020, 02:25 PM.

I agree 100%!

Comment

Little Canadian content: Chuba Hubbard @ 20-1. Surprisingly, elected to remain in school. Might set all time records at Oklahoma State and that's saying something since alumni include Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas. Think it's about time somebody other than a QB won the award.

Comment

Westgate has dropped the odds on Trask to 40/1. Still probably a good play.

Comment

Bumping, to confirm my play on Trask.

Comment

It seems to be either Kyle Trask or Mac Jones. Here are their updated stats:

............. completions ... attempts... percentage ... yards... yds/att... TDs... ints
              Trask ......... 195 .............. 273............0.714 ........ 2,810 .... 10.3 ..... 34 ..... 3
              Jones ......... 173 ............. 227 .......... 0.762 ........ 2728 ...... 12.0 .... 23 ..... 3

If the criterion is most valuable player, then Trask runs away with the award because Jones has much better teammates and a great defense to carry him.

Who do you think should win the Heisman?

Does anybody know of any Las Vegas book with updated odds? I am hoping to hedge my bet on Trask by betting on Jones.
              Last edited by TARB; 11-29-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Supposedly here are updated odds at FanDuel:
                Trask -135
                Jones +150
                Lawrence +900
                Fields +1,400
                Wilson +2,500
                Smith +4,000
                Book +6,000

Comment

So, nobody has an opinion?

Comment

Still waiting for some information or opinions.

Comment

I dont follow college much anymore But I hope U have a huge bet on him at 60-1!!!!

Comment

• TARB
                        TARB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not huge, but enough for a low five figure payout.

Great call on Trask TARB...I agree, in a screwed up season like this, he might actually be the winner, barring an injury or COVID cancelations for FLA. Sucks because, he is maybe the the number 4 or 5 QB in the country, IMHO.

Comment

Mac Jones is 3-0 vs Top 25 opponents and Trask is 1-1. In the two common Top 25 opponents, Jones has 1 more TD and 100+ yards more than Trask.

Comment

Originally posted by mtheller View Post
                          Mac Jones is 3-0 vs Top 25 opponents and Trask is 1-1. In the two common Top 25 opponents, Jones has 1 more TD and 100+ yards more than Trask.

They played five common opponents,Georgia, Missouri, A&M, Mississippi and Kentucky. Stats versus common opponents:
                          Trask: 1805 yards 21 tds, 2 interceptions, 69.44% completions
                          Jones: 1748 yards, 14tds, 3 interceptions, 76.26% completions

So, Trask has 57 more yards, 7 more tds, 1 less interception, while Jones had the better completion percentage.

Alabama played three of those games at home, while Florida was at home only twice.

Of course, Trask has to do more for his team than Jones because Jones has the more talented teammates, especially on defense.
                          Last edited by TARB; 11-30-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• mtheller
                            mtheller commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't forget that Jones plays majority of his games in nationally televised slots. No one is watching half of Florida games besides the fans of both schools.
                        Working...
                        X