No announcement yet.

Good Heisman long shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarb big difference is Florida is running scores up on purpose as evident Saturday while they threw 3 passes with less than 1.30 left in game when they could have taken a knee. Mac Jones hasn't played much in 4th quarters. Modern sports stats are very misleading. So Trask might have better stats but he has also played more and I don't put much stock in tds when you are up 28 already. You have to win games not stats.

Comment

• TARB
      TARB commented
      Editing a comment
      Trask didn't play much at all in the fourth quarter of last two games. Jones played the whole game versus Auburn.
      Last edited by TARB; 11-30-2020, 12:16 PM.

I’ll be rooting for you and Trask the rest of the way.......

Comment

• TARB
      TARB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

I think that the chance of winning is:

Trask about 50%
    Jones about 37.5%
    anybody else about 12.5%
    Last edited by TARB; 12-01-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Kyle Trask increased his chance to garner the Heisman Award today. Here are his stats for the game:

35 completions / 49 attempts / 71.4% / 433 yards / 8.84 yards per attempt / 4 td passes / 0 interceptions

Mac Jones had an outstanding game, too. So, maybe nothing changed as to which one is ahead. Jones stats:

20 completions / 28 attempts / 71.4% / 379 yards / 13.5 yards per attempt / 4 td passes / 0 interceptions

I hope that the voters take into account the relative talent of their teammates. Alabama's are so much more talented.

Last edited by TARB; 12-05-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Mac Jones is now the favorite at FAN DUEL.

Jones -135
        Trask +110

Jones 50%
        Trask 40%
        field 10%

Comment

• mtheller
          mtheller commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoever leads their team to victory in the SEC Championship will win the Heisman.

• TARB
          TARB commented
          Editing a comment
          Then it will be Jones

Hope you hedged. Think DeVonta Smith has a legit shot now.

Comment

• TARB
          TARB commented
          Editing a comment
          I could not find any book in Vegas with updated odds. Trask has to outplay Jones in the SEC Championship game. I think that Smith comes in third.

It looks like:

1 Devonta Smith, winner
        2 Mac Jones. second place
        3 - 4 Trevor Lawrence and / or Kyle Trask

Comment

• mtheller
          mtheller commented
          Editing a comment
          2020 HEISMAN TROPHY ODDS CONTENDERS
          (School) Odds

DeVonta Smith (Alabama) -170
          Mac Jones (Alabama) +170
          Kyle Trask (Florida) +1900
          Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) +1900
          Najee Harris (Alabama) +2400

Trash looks like a contender.......NOT

Comment

Anyone have access to any current odds either in other states or offshore? TARB mentioned he couldn't find any in Vegas...I'd have to go back and look, but when the Gaming Control Board started allowing wagering on Heisman/MVPs/Rookies of Years/etc. they were very aggressive in requiring Nevada books to close earlier rather than later to make sure no one could get advance info on the voting, etc. I don't recall seeing this year's Heisman request and/or approval, but I wouldn't be surprised if the cutoff was when the Heisman was originally going to be awarded (first or second week of December...but even if extension was given I would guess it was back around the conference title games).

Anyway, I keep having this sneaking suspicion that the Alabama candidates could split a lot of the votes, cannibilizing each other and make it possible for Trevor Lawrence to sneak in and win it. I'm sure he's getting a decent amount of votes anyway and if the SEC votes get split between the Bama players...ya never know. Heck, I thought it proved he was the best player in the country when Clemson lost without him. So, I'd love to know if someone could make a bet for me on Lawrence just in case.

Comment

ODDS TO WIN THE 2020 HEISMAN TROPHY
            Devonta Smith - Alabama-380
            Mac Jones - Alabama+250
            Trevor Lawrence - Clemson+1200
            Kyle Trask - Florida+20000

Hey Dave,
            This is from Bookmaker today! With Smith getting POY, I think he is the obvious choice, which is echoed by the odds.

Comment

Working...
            X