Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Results of Week 3 of FREE ViewFromVegas NFL & NCAA contests (& explanation of glitch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveTuley
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruinguy View Post
    Thanks Dave, I didn't get my picks entered the previous week, so needed a big week to stay in touch with the field. As an added bonus UCLA had a bye week so I didn't have to suffer through that misery last weekend! Although the dinner would be great, no plans to come to Vegas in the near future, so I'll opt for the shirt! Thanks
    Way to come through in clutch, Bruinguy...either Direct Message me here or email [email protected] with your snail-mail address and shirt size. GL

Leave a comment:

• Bruinguy
    replied
    Thanks Dave, I didn't get my picks entered the previous week, so needed a big week to stay in touch with the field. As an added bonus UCLA had a bye week so I didn't have to suffer through that misery last weekend! Although the dinner would be great, no plans to come to Vegas in the near future, so I'll opt for the shirt! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Results of Week 3 of FREE ViewFromVegas NFL & NCAA contests (& explanation of glitch)

Hello...this is the weekly thread that we posting to give the weekly winners and update the leaderboards of our popular NFL & NCAA contests that we host at our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com

But first I need to explain about a glitch with the contest site. Some of you noticed (and thanks to those who gave us a heads-up) that two players in the NFL contest (alloutblitz and joeaveragefan1) had more than the possible 5 points in the Week 3 standings. Obviously, that's not right and we investigated it on the contest site along with Mr. Pixter (who also has administrative access...we even consulted William Lane who built the site and none of us were able to figure out how it happened...well, we know it happened because the site counted those players winners twice, so alloutblitz really had 4 winners on the week and joeaveragefan1 had three)...but for some unexplainable reason, we also weren't able to go in and change their plays to the correct ones. We're stumped, but at least we believe these are the only two players affected and will manually update the overall leaderboard here in the threads on this site (note: we are planning to retroactively go back after this weekend and retroactively adjust those two players' results so they're in the standings correctly...please bear with us in the meantime...

Having explained all that (hopefully to everyone's satisfaction)...here are the results for Week 3. We had three players go 7-0 in the NCAA contest (bama06, bruinguy and Joey the Wise), so we go to the tiebreaker of whose plays covered by the most and that went to bruinbuy at +103.5 with Texas Tech (+37) and South Carolina (+20) leading the way. Congrats to all 3 for their perfect marks, but the weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt goes to bruinguy.

Here's the Top 10 with ties in the NCAA contest with all hitting 66.7% or better:
    zorba62 18.0
    NinerUteFan 16.0
    Strmchsr1 16.0
    AIDISAW 16.0
    brandonvanhoesen 16.0
    TEXAN73 15.0
    muisey1 14.0
    outhousetim 14.0
    WALLACE15 14.0
    Allworld23 14.0
    Archie8 14.0
    Bama06 14.0
    Face Eraser 14.0
    Joey The Wise 14.0
    Joliesdad 14.0
    :
    As for the NFL contest (and see above for why the results here don't match what's being shown on the VFV Contest site), we had 8 perfect scores of 5-0 (bama06 -- yes, he was perfect in both contess!!! -- FabCo, phatman, sendit, Str8OuttaDurango, StraightCash13, Td11, and Wes Tijuana, Going to the tiebreaker, FabCo prevailaed by finishing +86 with Str8OuttaDurango the next highests at +57.5) so FabCo wins the weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt.

Here's the leaderboard with the Top 10 plus ties as str8outtadurango leads with a record of 13-2 (astute observers will note that he's also tied for 1st place in the "real" SuperContest) with phatman and Harry Lime sitting just off the pace::
    str8outtadurango 13.0
    phatman 12.0
    Harry Lime 12.0
    Jacko3538 11.0
    Asteroid M 11.0
    Bama06 11.0
    AronT1 10.5
    santini 10.5
    zschultz 10.5
    alloutblitz 10.5
    Oh, and the line are available for Week 4 (they'll be available late each Wednesday afternoon just like the Vegas contests). GLA
Working...
X