Cba ..... Nfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cba ..... Nfl

The CBA has been approved by vote of the NFL players. I think that now we can assume that there will be a 2020 NFL season, once the coronavirus situation has been mitigated. If the CBA had been voted down, I am quite sure there would have been a strike by the NFLPA and / or a lockout by the NFL owners. There would not have been a 2020 NFL season, in my opinion.
    Last edited by TARB; 03-15-2020, 07:50 AM.

Originally posted by TARB View Post
    The CBA has been approved by vote of the NFL players. I think that now we can assume that there will be a 2020 NFL season, once the coronavirus situation has been mitigated. If the CBA had been voted down, I am quite sure there would have been a strike by the NFLPA and / or a lockout by the NFL owners. There would not have been a 2020 NFL season, in my opinion.
    The vote was 1019 for and 959 against ... 51.5% for and 48.5% against. Only 79.12% of the eligible players voted.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post

The vote was 1019 for and 959 against ... 51.5% for and 48.5% against. Only 79.12% of the eligible players voted.
      Makes me wonder why 21% of players eligible to vote chose not to vote at all. I wonder what their rationale is by obtaining. Doesn't make sense to me, I'm pretty sure I would want to vote if it's regarding my employment but maybe I am missing something.

Comment

Hub Arkush (PFW) and Dave Clark (Cincinnati.com) think draft and free agency period maybe pushed back a month...

Comment

What if a month later the coronavirus situation is worse than now? The NFL should let it proceed without delay.

Comment

There is no doubt the virus will get worse and all we can hope and pray for is that it runs it course like China and in 3 months or so we start to return to a normal existence.
            These are tough times and we all must realize the serious situation we are in.
            On to sports,look for Churchill to postpone Derby till the Fall.Baffert was quoted as saying they would not run with no fans

Comment

Originally posted by marcbryanjacob View Post
              Hub Arkush (PFW) and Dave Clark (Cincinnati.com) think draft and free agency period maybe pushed back a month...
              Nothing pushed back (though NFL Draft removed from Vegas)...full speed ahead...

Have to say though, that I'm a little surprised they're throwing huge contracts at these players when we don't know what the attendance situation will be in a few short months...I know ticket sales are drop in bucket for NFL teams as TV contracts is where most of the money comes from, but what if the leagues don't get the advertising money they're expecting with the economy crashing? So I'm happy they're moving forward as something to entertain us, but wondering what long-term fallout could be.

Comment

I think the crunch comes for ftb in Late July. Then CFL, colleges, and NFL will have to be willing to bring together groups of players on the practice facility. Everything till then can be a conference call

Comment

Originally posted by Mrvolo View Post
                  There is no doubt the virus will get worse and all we can hope and pray for is that it runs it course like China and in 3 months or so we start to return to a normal existence.
                  These are tough times and we all must realize the serious situation we are in.
                  On to sports,look for Churchill to postpone Derby till the Fall.Baffert was quoted as saying they would not run with no fans
                  Derby runs Sept 5.Lets hope it does.

Comment

The one thing that I,along with many of my NFL fan friends love about the new CBA is this: With the league going to 17 games in 2021, the league will play the games over 19 weeks. Meaning each team will have 2 bye weeks. This will also push the Super Bowl back to where many have always wanted it to be: The Sunday of President's Day weekend. For once, we(well, most people) will finally have the day after the SB off work.
                    The league played a 16-game schedule over 18 weeks back in 1993, giving teams two bye weeks. For some reason this was only done for one season and the 17 week schedule went back in effect in 1994.

Comment

• TARB
                      TARB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are 2 bye weeks official? I haven't heard that yet.
                  Working...
                  X