NE's 2020 starting QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE's 2020 starting QB

So, who will be New England's starting quarterback in the 2020 season? I think that Stidham will remain as the Patriot's backup quarterback. Will it be Bridgewater, Dalton, Newton, Winston or someone else? Bridgewater seems to be the best option, in my opinion. What do you think?

I suppose that Carr, Foles and Brissett are possibilities.
    Last edited by TARB; 03-17-2020, 08:28 AM.

The Patriot's odds to win the next Super Bowl was 12/1 across the board, yesterday and is still 12/1 at South Point. However, off the news of Brady leaving New England, William Hill has gone to 20/1 and Westgate has posted 25/1 odds. TB and LA Chargers are currently about 25/1 and let's see what happens if Brady signs with either of those teams.
    Last edited by TARB; 03-17-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• TARB
      TARB commented
      Editing a comment
      Update: Westgate down to 20/1 odds, matching William Hill's odds.

Winston seems too undisciplined to be a good fit (but he had lasik surgery LMEAO)...Newton is intriguing...looks like Teddy Bridgwwater going to Panthers...would love to see Patriots get Brees!!! That would shake up things (and leave Saints with Taysom Hill experiment!!!).

Comment

Supposedly, the Carolina Panthers have made a deal with Teddy Bridgewater.

Comment

The Indianapolis Colts and Philip Rivers are close to signing a deal, too, according to Jeff Kerr.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
          The Indianapolis Colts and Philip Rivers are close to signing a deal, too, according to Jeff Kerr.
          Rivers signed a one year $25 million deal with Indy. Maybe, Brissett stays as the backup QB. He is due a $7 million roster bonus on Sunday, so Indy has a decision to make on Brissett, who is also signed for a $6 million salary for 2020.
          Last edited by TARB; 03-17-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

So, who will be New England's starting quarterback in the 2020 season? I think that Stidham will remain as the Patriot's backup quarterback. Will it be Bridgewater, Dalton, Newton, Winston or someone else? Bridgewater seems to be the best option, in my opinion. What do you think?

With Bridgewater going to Carolina, is Dalton NE's best option? He has led a bad Cincinnati team to multiple playoffs.

Comment

Updated SB odds:
              South Point has taken all teams off of the board.
              Westgate: NE 30/1 ... Chargers 40/1 ... TB 14/1

It looks like Westgate anticipates Brady going to Tampa Bay.

Comment

Im guessing that NE makes a run at Dalton. Hoodie will want a veteran QB to lead this team, with all the youth on the rest of the roster. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• TARB
                  TARB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree and I think that Dalton can be had relatively cheaply, about a fourth round draft choice. Cincinnati wants Burrow to start from game number one and is under pressure to deal Dalton.

SB update at William Hill:
                TB 16/1
                NE 20/1
                LAC 25/1

Comment

Foles traded to the Chicago Bears for a fourth round draft pick. I think that Foles has three years left on his contract. Is he much of an upgrade over Trubisky?

Comment

• WJCJR
                    WJCJR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Been a fan of Foles from his college days, but aside for his most recent tenure with the Eagles, he’s been unlucky about the NFL teams he’s gone to. I think he’s an upgrade over Trubisky, but I have no faith in the Bears at all.

I think Brady signing with the Bucs will be the biggest news this offseason. I have hated the Patriots, like forever, but I always liked watching Brady work; and his dropping into a solid team, with offensive weapons, and an offensive-minded coach, instantly transforms Tampa Bay into a legitimate contender. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he makes less there than what Belichick was offering in NE.

Comment

I think Carr stays with the Raiders, with Mariota as backup. With the Bears signing Foles, the options for the Bengals trading Dalton are seriously reduced, making the Patriots his likely destination.

Comment

Hoyer in play now who wudda thunk?

Comment

Cody Kessler also on roster.

Comment

Working...
                        X