2020 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 NFL Draft

The first 15 players drafted into the NFL in 2020 should include 3 quarterbacks, 4 offensive tackles, 3 defensive linemen, 3 wide receivers, 1 cornerback and 1 linebacker/safety.
    Quarterbacks: Burrow, LSU at #1; Tagovialoa, Alabama at #3,4 or 5; Herbert, Oregon at #3, #4,#5 or 6
    OT's: Wirfs, (Iowa), Wills (Alabama), Becton (Louisville), and Thomas (Georgia) at #4, 9,10,11 or 12
    DL's: Young, Ohio State at #2, Brown, Auburn at #7 and Kinlaw, South Carolina at #9,10, 11 or 12
    WR's: Jeudy( Alabama), Lamb (Oklahoma), and Ruggs (Alabama) at 12,13,14 or 15
    CB: Okudah, Ohio State at #3, 4, 5 or 6
    LB/Safety: Simmons, Clemson probably at #8
    Cornerback Henderson, Florida could possibly sneak into the top 15 at #13,14 or 15.

Of course, trades make this projection subject to error.
    Last edited by TARB; 04-11-2020, 09:31 AM.

The Lions desperately need either the Dolphins (#5) or the Chargers (#6) to trade up to get the Lions #3 draft pick. This is so that the Lions can take the best cornerback in this year's draft, Ohio State's Jeff Okudah, further down than #3. The Dolphins or the Chargers would then have its choice of either Tagovailoa or Herbert (probably Tua) at #3 after Burrow and Young go at numbers 1 and 2 respectively. If a trade happens, then the Lions get the man that they need and want at #6 instead of at #3, at a cheaper salary and an additional pick. I expect it to be the Chargers that trades up.
    Last edited by TARB; 04-11-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

If the NY Giants do not trade down from the #4 slot and Chase Young isn't still available, an extremely likely scenario, then the Giants should draft Iowa's left offensive tackle Wirfs, who is the best pass blocking left tackle. Georgia's Thomas and Louisville's Becton are better run blockers than Wirfs and Wills, but protecting the QB Jones is tantamount.

Comment

The pressure on the Lions to take Tua is palpable round here. And on the flip side it’s an easy out for Quinn and HC Patricia who wanna keep their jobs. If Tua does not develop and injury slows him down, well they made the obvious move and just got unlucky. And the way they’ve been shuttling corners in and out it’s apparent they don’t think a cornerback will save the franchise

Comment

• TARB
          TARB commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that Herbert is a better, safer pick than injured Tua. Why gamble on Tua? In any event, Stafford should be able to play 3 or 4 more years.

Herbert in last hr became favourite over Tua to go as 2nd QB. A couple mocks came out today.

Comment

BTW BOL has NFL spreads out even though the sked isn’t out. All bets must be made by September 1

Comment

www.betonline.ag/sports/offer
            Last edited by marcbryanjacob; 04-15-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

NFL sked TBA May 9

Comment

Just heard draft will b on ABC ESPN NFLN. TY I think I’ll watch all 7 rounds

Comment

www.thescore.com/top10draft

Comment

TheScore App is having a free contest to name the 1st 10 pks in order. $5k to winner

Comment

At what time, tomorrow, does it start? 3:00 PM PDT, 4:00 PM PDT, or 5:00 PM PDT? I think that the first round will last between 4 to 4.5 hours.

Comment

• WJCJR
                        WJCJR commented
                        Editing a comment
                        8:00 pm EST

Would Cincinnati trade the #1 pick to Miami for the #5, #18, #26 & #39 picks? The owner of the Dolphins wants QB Joe Burrow and three first round and an early second round pick would probably be necessary to entice Cincinnati to make that trade. Cincinnati could draft either Tagovailoa or Herbert to sit on the bench for one year learning by watching Dalton play. Cincinnati would have three more very good draft choices to round out its roster, making the team competitive in the AFC North Division.

Comment

Been watching Herbert play in reruns and he looks like a tall, unathletic stiff. His passes float and I think he’ll be an NFL bust.

Comment

• Xavier Rob
                          Xavier Rob commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree. Makes bad decisions under pressure. Chargers made a mistake drafting him.

Both the Lions and the Giants drafted good players, but they should have been able to trade down a few spots and gotten what they needed, while picking up an extra fourth or fifth round pick. I think that Wirfs would have been a better selection than Thomas. The Jets really screwed up, taking Becton instead of Wirfs, letting TB get the best OT in Wirfs to protect QB Brady. The Cowboys got very lucky that the best WR fell all the way down to their pick. KC's offense became more potent, getting RB Edwards-Hilare out of LSU. Las Vegas absolutely screwed up its draft with its two first round picks, taking the third best WR in Ruggs with the #12 pick and the seventh best CB in Arnette with the #19 pick.
                        Last edited by TARB; 04-24-2020, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• WJCJR
                          WJCJR commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Re my Raiders - you said it. And this is what they got for Mack??? My friend, another Raider fan, feels the same, but he predicted them taking Ruggs because he may be the fastest guy available, and that credential is the kind that appeals to the Davis clan.
                      Working...
                      X