No announcement yet.

2020 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Detroit should draft RB Taylor out of Wisconsin with the third pick in the second round tonight, #35 overall.

Cincinnati should draft OT Josh Jones, out of Houston with the first, second round pick, #33 overall. I thought that he would be drafted in the first round.

There are still a few very good defensive backs, wide receivers and running backs available in the second round. This year's draft is very deep in good players.
    Last edited by TARB; 04-24-2020, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Xavier Rob
      Xavier Rob commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with the Bengals needing to pick Jones, and he is the best lineman left. But knowing the Bengals they'll take a running back since Nixon wants to renegotiate and it's the last year of his contract. O line is where they really need help. If Kmet or the TE from Dayton is there in Round 3 they should grab him.

Not sure I agree with Taylor being the best back left, though. I think Dobbins will be a steal for anyone that gets him. I'd be wary of Swift as he tends to leave the ball on the ground too often.

Teams that absolutely took the best player available when their pick was due:
    1 Cincinnati: Joe Burrow, QB LSU
    2 Washington: Chase Young, DE/Edge Ohio State
    5 Miami: Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama
    6 LA Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB Oregon
    7 Carolina: Derrick Brown, DT Auburn
    9 Jacksonville: CJ Henderson, CB Florida
    10 Cleveland: Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama
    13 Tampa Bay: Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa
    14 San Francisco: Javon Kinlaw, DT South Carolina
    18 Miami: Austin Jackson, OT USC
    20 Jacksonville:K'Lavon Chaisson, OLB/Edge, LSU
    22 Minnesota: Justin Jefferson, WR LSU
    23 LA Chargers: Kenneth Murray,LB Oklahoma
    25 San Francisco: Brandon Aiyuk, WR Arizona State
    28 Baltimore: Patrick Queen, LB LSU
    31 Minnesota: Jeff Gladney, CB TCU

I didn't include
    3 Detroit because a trade down a few spots would have been better and DT Brown would have been a better choice than CB Okudah
    4 NY Giants because a trade down would have been better and I see Thomas as more than a run blocker than a pass blocker; Wirfs or Wills would have been my choice
    17 Dallas because although Lamb might have been the best player available, there were needs at LB and Chaisson was available
    29 Tennessee because Josh Jones is a better OT
    32 KC because is Edwards-Hillaire really better than Jonathon Taylor?
    Last edited by TARB; 04-24-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
      Both the Lions and the Giants drafted good players, but they should have been able to trade down a few spots and gotten what they needed, while picking up an extra fourth or fifth round pick. I think that Wirfs would have been a better selection than Thomas. The Jets really screwed up, taking Becton instead of Wirfs, letting TB get the best OT in Wirfs to protect QB Brady. The Cowboys got very lucky that the best WR fell all the way down to their pick. KC's offense became more potent, getting RB Edwards-Hilare out of LSU. Las Vegas absolutely screwed up its draft with its two first round picks, taking the third best WR in Ruggs with the #12 pick and the seventh best CB in Arnette with the #19 pick.
      Agree on all points...Lions should have trade #3...Tua is too injury-prone (might prove us all wrong, but I wouldn't have taken the risk)...Wirfs and Lamb became best values...also Simmons (thought Giants should have taken him, but understand need at OL)...didn't mind Raiders taking Ruggs as not that much difference in top WRs, but that was big stretch on Arnette...could have gotten him in 2nd round.

Comment

The Jacksonville Jaguars are having an outstanding draft this year, probably picking up four starting players in the first three rounds.

round 1 pick #9: CJ Henderson, cornerback, Florida A Grade at least the second best, if not the best cornerback in a deep cornerback draft
        round 1 pick #20 L'Klavon Chaisson, OLB/Edge LSU A Grade the second best behind Chase Young at his position
        round 2 pick #42 Laviska Shenault, wide receiver, Colorado A Grade a very productive wide receiver
        round 3 pick #73 Davon Hamilton, defensive tackle, Ohio State B+ Grade

For a team that needs a lot of help, this draft is doing just that.

Comment

Carolina's defense was a sieve last year. This year's draft is making Carolina's defense much, much better, picking up probably three starters at key positions.

round 1 pick #7 Derrick Brown, defensive tackle Auburn, the top interior defensive lineman in the draft, probably the second best defensive player in the draft. A+ Grade
          round 2 pick#38 Yetur Gross-Matos, defensive end, Penn State, an excellent DE A+ Grade
          round 32 pick 64 Jerremy Chinn, safety, Southern Illinois A Grade one of the top safeties in the draft
          Last edited by TARB; 04-25-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

New Orleans is making the most of its picks, picking late as good teams do.

round 1 pick #24 Cesar Ruiz, C/G, Michigan the best interior offensive lineman, only 20-years old Grade B+
            round 3 pick #74 Zack Baun, outside linebacker, Wisconsin, should have gone in the middle of the second round Grade A+
            round 3 pick #105 Adam Trautman, tight end, Dayton, clearly the second best tight end that was drafted as the fifth tight end Grade A+

Comment

The NY Giants have done well with only three picks in the first three rounds.

round 1 pick #4 Andrew Thomas, offensive tackle, Georgia Grade B because I like Wilf and Wills as slightly better pass blockers, but he is a great run blocker, maybe a B+ or A- Grade is more appropriate
              round 2 pick Xavier Mckinney, safety, Alabama the best safety in the draft Grade A+
              round 3 pick #99 Matt Peart offensive tackle, Connecticut Grade B+ excellent value late in the third round
              Last edited by TARB; 04-25-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Green Bay is absolutely screwing up this year's draft.

round 1 pick #26 Jordan Love, quarterback, Utah State Grade F moving up four spots to take a QB who won't be ready to play for about two to three years
                round 2 pick #62 AJ Dillon, running back, Boston College Grade F a reach for sure
                round 3 Josiah DeGuarra, tight end, Cincinnati Grade F a reach while Trautman was available

Aaron Rodgers must be as mad as all hell. Does he want out of GB?
                Last edited by TARB; 04-25-2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Baltimore, as usual, is having an excellent draft.

round 1 pick #28 Patrick Queen, linebacker, LSU Grade A+
                  round 2 pick #55 JK Dobbins, running back, Ohio State Grade A+
                  round 3 pick #71 Justin Madubuike, defensive tackle, Texas A&M Grade A
                  round 3 pick #92 Devin Duvernay, wide receiver, Texas Grade B
                  round 3 pick #98 Malik Harrison, inside linebacker, Ohio State Grade B
                  round 3 pick #106 Tyre Philips, OT/G Mississippi State Grade C

The rich just gets richer, this team will challenge KC as to which is best in the AFC.

Comment

Arizona is doing very well with its two picks in the first three rounds.

round 1 pick #8 Isaiah Simmons, LB/S/CB Clemson Grade A he can play 3 or 4 positions on defense very well
                    round 3 pick #72 Josh Jones, offensive tackle Grade A+ a guy who could have been picked in round 1, excellent value early in round 3

Comment

Tampa Bay is doing well in the first two days of the draft.

round 1 pick #13 Tristan Wirfs, offensive tackle, Iowa Grade A+ my top OT picked fourth at the position, excellent value
                      round 2 pick #45 Antoine Winfield, safety, Minnesota Grade A one of the top safeties in the draft
                      round 3 pick #76 Ke'Shawn Vaughan, running back, Vanderbilt Grade B

Comment

Minnesota has 13 picks, Saturday, after picking up 4 picks from NO, so that the Saints could take TE Trautman with pick #105 near the end of round 3. I expect that Minnesota will be trading up today a few times.
                        Last edited by TARB; 04-25-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• DaveyShines
                          DaveyShines commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Enjoying having a conversation with yourself?

Thanks TARB, enjoy your coverage

Comment

Working...
                        X