Virtual KY Derby - Who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual KY Derby - Who ya got?

Obviously for entertainment purposes only, but this looks like something that might actually be a little entertaining. For no other reason than not wanting to be on the favorite, I'll take Citation for a rail trip

ttps://www.kentuckyderby.com/horses...crown-showdown

IMHO....Secretariat is the GOAT.... gotta pick the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by Coachv29 View Post
      IMHO....Secretariat is the GOAT.... gotta pick the GOAT
      I would love to take a longshot (duh!)...but it's not like this is a real race in any sense of the word (heck, Eddie Arcaro is riding both Citation and Whirlaway LMEAO)...so, I don't think it's possible we'll see Sir Barton winning at 20/1. I think the fix will be in so they can keep building the legend, I mean, it's a TV/marketing show more than anything.

The complete field from the rail out (with Triple Crown-winning year, jockey, trainer and morning line odds): #1 Affirmed (1978, Steve Cauthen, Laz Barrera, 5-1); #2 Assault (1946, Warren Mehrtens, Max Hirsch, 20-1); #3 Secretariat (1973, Ron Turcotte, Lucien Lauren, 7-2); #4 Sir Barton (1919, Johnny Loftus, Guy Bedwell, 20-1); #5 Seattle Slew (1977, Jean Cruguet, Billy Turner Jr., 5-1); #6 American Phraoah (2015, Victor Espinoza, Bob Baffert, 6-1); #7 Gallant Fox (1930, Earl Sande, “Sunny” Jim Fitzsimmons, 20-1); #8 Citation (1948, Eddie Arcaro, Ben Jones, 4-1); #9 War Admiral (1937, Charlie Kurtsinger, George Conway, 8-1); #10 Whirlaway (1941, Eddie Arcaro, Ben Jones, 4-1); #11 Count Fleet (1943, Johnny Longden, Don Cameron, 6-1); #12 Justify (2018, Mike Smith, Bob Baffert, 15-1); and #13 Omaha (1935, Willie “Smokey” Saunders, “Sunny” Jim Fitzsimmons, 20-1).

Comment

You know there is going to be some recency bias in this fake race. An American Pharoah show bet probably makes sense assuming the odd woulds increase closer to post.

LOL Dave you are correct Eddie A may be the key here if he is able to keep a foot in each stirrup and how the horses would respond to half a rider.

Comment

Originally posted by efred View Post
          You know there is going to be some recency bias in this fake race. An American Pharoah show bet probably makes sense assuming the odd woulds increase closer to post.

LOL Dave you are correct Eddie A may be the key here if he is able to keep a foot in each stirrup and how the horses would respond to half a rider.
          I could recency bias coming into play (to appease new fans that cheered American Pharoah to Triple Crown after such a long drought)...but Justify is more recent, so still a guessing game LMEAO

Comment

I think it will probably be Secretariat or Citation, but I'll take AFFIRMED

Comment

Gotta go with that great,gutsy little Canadian colt. The legendary sire of sires. Northern Dancer, who in 1964, set the then track record of 2:00.00 which has only been eclipsed once, by Big Red in 1973: 1:59 2/5.

Not surprised that my American friends have overlooked him. He had a chance to win the Triple Crown, but was throttled by Bill Hartack, who for whatever reason, thought he had gone out too quickly and subsequently deprived him of any momentum he might have had.

Incredibly, a few weeks later, The Dancer made a triumphant return to Woodbine to win his country's premier race for 3 year old Canadian Breds, The Queen's Plate. Unbelievable strength, character and determination.
              Last edited by DaveyShines; 05-01-2020, 07:35 AM.

Comment

SEATTLE Slew!!!!

Comment

Told ya...no way they weren't going to let Secretariat win. Just call me Mr. Virtual Chalk LMEAO

Comment

Working...
                  X