Andy dalton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy dalton

The Dallas Cowboys have signed Andy Dalton to a 1-year contract for a guaranteed $3 million, with incentives whereby he could earn another $4 million. He will backup Dak Prescott, if Dak remains with Dallas. Dak has yet to sign his franchise tag, whereby he will be paid $31+ million. If I were running the Cowboys, I would pull the franchise tag before Dak can sign it and set him free to sign with another team. Dallas would then save a ton of cash this year. I think that Dallas would win the same amount of games this year with either quarterback.

I agree...Dalton for $3 million vs. Prescott for $31 million...no brainer.

Comment

The Red Rifle reminds me of Jeff George. A million dollar arm and a ten cent brain. This is a curious move by the Boys but Dak has forced their hand. Maybe they can come to a compromise because Dalton is not the QB that Prescott is and I wouldn't even rate the latter in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveyShines View Post
        The Red Rifle reminds me of Jeff George. A million dollar arm and a ten cent brain. This is a curious move by the Boys but Dak has forced their hand. Maybe they can come to a compromise because Dalton is not the QB that Prescott is and I wouldn't even rate the latter in the top 10.
        Can’t see the quality in Dak that you do. It’s hard getting past the fact he had fully loaded offense last year, but could manage only 8 wins in what turned out to be the weakest division in the NFL. Dalton has labored for years in a Cincinnati toilet, playing against teams like the Steelers and Ravens, so a side-by-side comparison of numbers and wins doesn’t seem fair. If I were Dallas, I’d definitely pull away the franchise offer, and let Dak slide to the Chargers.

Comment

• DaveyShines
          DaveyShines commented
          Editing a comment
          I dunno. Dalton has played on some good teams in Cinci. He (and they) are 0-4 in the playoffs. He has had some good weapons like AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Giovanni Bernard etc. He's been in the league 10 years and just never seemed to play with any consistency. He can't be relied on. Dak was thrown into fray in his rookie season and has progressed every year. He is big, strong and durable. His best days are ahead of him. Same can't be said of Dalton.
      Working...
      X