Jameis Winston MVP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jameis Winston MVP?

After Drew Brees ‘foot-in-mouth’ moment, Jameis Winston’s MVP stock rose. His odds for winning dropped from +6600 to +2500.

Brees should have stuck with his original comment. He has a right to his opinion and it is one that is shared by the "silent majority". He looks weak by equivocating/vacillating. No way Winston plays unless Brees gets injured. I can see both sides of this argument and there are good reasons to support either side. To kneel or not to kneel, that is the question. Maybe a raised fist, like the track athletes at the Mexico City Olympics in 1968 ( a time of similar civil rights strife), might be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveyShines View Post
      Brees should have stuck with his original comment. He has a right to his opinion and it is one that is shared by the "silent majority". He looks weak by equivocating/vacillating. No way Winston plays unless Brees gets injured. I can see both sides of this argument and there are good reasons to support either side. To kneel or not to kneel, that is the question. Maybe a raised fist, like the track athletes at the Mexico City Olympics in 1968 ( a time of similar civil rights strife), might be the way to go.
      Sticking “with his original comment” would have made him just another tone-deaf, radical-right politician on the wrong side of history, and nevermind how he’s supposed to “lead” a team of suddenly hostile black players. And, while most “NFL fans” hated the hell out Kaepernick kneeling, the growing majority of Americans supported him then, and now; so, unless your “not-so-silent-majority” have shut their mouths and are now exclusively fans of the NFL, Brees’ comments were definitely shared only by a diminishing Trump base. I agree, his shrill and redundant apology made him look weak and desperate; but, if he wants to play one more NFL season, at least, he had to walk back his stupidity – and quickly.

Brees’ inability to throw a deep ball accurately makes the Saints’ passing game one-dimensional, and he could manage only 11 games in 2019. Time, as we know, is undefeated, and Brees is pushing 42; so, it’s no wonder that his yards-passing totals have dropped 40% - every year, since 2016. Winston, on the other hand, and despite his turnovers, was the NFL’s 2019 leader in passing yards with over 5,000. Brees is still an excellent game manager; and, if healthy, no-question, I’d trust him over Winston, but it wouldn’t take much of a fall-off in offensive production before Peyton made the switch.

At +2500, it’s still worth a few shekels.

Comment

I would be happy to book any and all action on Jameis Winston for MVP at 25/1. ZERO chance he is MVP unless Brees retires or gets injured early in the season. True odds on Winston for MVP should be 250/1. Whatever money you are willing to bet on Winston for MVP, donate it to charity instead.

Comment

Working...
        X