Spikes in covid-19 cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spikes in covid-19 cases

The recent spikes of covid-19 cases in states that opened their economies prematurely by Republican Governors namely Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Arizona, at the express urging by that nincompoop Trump is appalling. Trump is holding an indoor political rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma on June 20th. He delayed the rally one day due to the blowback of the insensitivity of having on Juneteenth (June 19th). Here's hoping that Trump, himself, is one of the people who gets the disease. At least there is the consolation that the people who get the disease there are asshole Trump supporters. Of course, I really don't want anyone there to get the disease.

Originally posted by TARB View Post
    The recent spikes of covid-19 cases in states that opened their economies prematurely by Republican Governors namely Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Arizona, at the express urging by that nincompoop Trump is appalling. Trump is holding an indoor political rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma on June 20th. He delayed the rally one day due to the blowback of the insensitivity of having on Juneteenth (June 19th). Here's hoping that Trump, himself, is one of the people who gets the disease. At least there is the consolation that the people who get the disease there are asshole Trump supporters. Of course, I really don't want anyone there to get the disease.
    North carolinas governor is a democrat

Comment

Originally posted by bullybeater View Post

North carolinas governor is a democrat
      You’ll have to excuse tarb, he’s old and senile with nothing better to do, like an old man on his front porch yelling at the kids playing outside, and will find anything to bitch about trump and republicans. Yet can’t find any problem with Democrats, which is the party that year after year talks about what they will do for the people, especially POC, but once they are elected, nothing changes! Why hasn’t anything changed in the 46! years! (Thats over 4 decades!!!) Biden has been in office, except the fact he’s responsible for putting more black men in prison than anyone in the history of this country, but he’s definitely gonna change things this time. 🙄 People need to wake tf up! Neither party cares about us nor does anything for us, yet y’all wanna act like it’s the other parties fault.

Let me ask you this simple question (geared more for anyone under 60, but I’d like to hear from those over 60 to compare what government USED to be like): What has your government, in your lifetime, ever done for you? One thing. And bear in mind any money they give you comes from us anyway and anything they spend money on(like roads) is with our money. Fire away

We can only hope sports gets back very soon to give tarb something to do other than bitch about trump in a sports forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyefan80 View Post

You’ll have to excuse tarb, he’s old and senile with nothing better to do, like an old man on his front porch yelling at the kids playing outside, and will find anything to bitch about trump and republicans. Yet can’t find any problem with Democrats, which is the party that year after year talks about what they will do for the people, especially POC, but once they are elected, nothing changes! Why hasn’t anything changed in the 46! years! (Thats over 4 decades!!!) Biden has been in office, except the fact he’s responsible for putting more black men in prison than anyone in the history of this country, but he’s definitely gonna change things this time. 🙄 People need to wake tf up! Neither party cares about us nor does anything for us, yet y’all wanna act like it’s the other parties fault.

Let me ask you this simple question (geared more for anyone under 60, but I’d like to hear from those over 60 to compare what government USED to be like): What has your government, in your lifetime, ever done for you? One thing. And bear in mind any money they give you comes from us anyway and anything they spend money on(like roads) is with our money. Fire away

We can only hope sports gets back very soon to give tarb something to do other than bitch about trump in a sports forum.
        Admittedly, as an over-60 disqualified person, I still have an opinion on government – which I think is far less democratic, and way more oligarchic than it was. The rich have always ruled, that’s true, but never in America have the rich ruled so dominantly as they do today. They own the major political parties and the media, that keeps America divided along racial and ethnic lines, preoccupying everyone with issues that simply don’t matter - while they serve themselves behind America’s back. However, and all that said, my expectations of government – even a government basically installed by American oligarchs – is executive competence. Democracy may be dead, but I draw the line at stupid – which characterizes the current administration that has failed in every facet of governance from day one. These days, I find myself more conservative than liberal, but Trump is beyond the pale, and like George Will, I want the Trump catastrophe over.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F3DBD9A0-A865-4E19-9E01-8972456F8F0F.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	14108
          Originally posted by WJCJR View Post

Admittedly, as an over-60 disqualified person, I still have an opinion on government – which I think is far less democratic, and way more oligarchic than it was. The rich have always ruled, that’s true, but never in America have the rich ruled so dominantly as they do today. They own the major political parties and the media, that keeps America divided along racial and ethnic lines, preoccupying everyone with issues that simply don’t matter - while they serve themselves behind America’s back. However, and all that said, my expectations of government – even a government basically installed by American oligarchs – is executive competence. Democracy may be dead, but I draw the line at stupid – which characterizes the current administration that has failed in every facet of governance from day one. These days, I find myself more conservative than liberal, but Trump is beyond the pale, and like George Will, I want the Trump catastrophe over.
          I said I would like to hear from over 60 too. You all might actually have an instance that government did something for you. Although you didn’t mention a time so you are probably in the same boat as those under 60. At least you get it tho, unlike way too many others that think politicians work for us and the oligarchs don’t run our country.

Comment

Talking of stupid, VP Mike Pence is touting Trump's success of handling the covid-19 pandemic, saying that it is contained. That is totally false. Pence is undoubtedly doing this a few days before Trump's political rally, Saturday, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Trump will be taking bows on tihs so-called success before his disillusioned followers who will believe every lie that Trump spouts at this rally. The fact that the virus is already spiking in Tulsa makes this political, indoor rally a particular bad idea. Trump's actions continue to help the spread of covid-19 virus. I wonder how many attending will be wearing masks. I would guess a lot less than half of the attendees. The only thing that matters to Trump is his re-election, definitely not protecting Americans from contacting this deadly disease.
            Last edited by TARB; 06-17-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

The spiking seems to be happening in more states now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Buckeyefan80;n14099]

Comment

I do agree with you about government doing little for us. But since you asked I am 51 and have been married for 34 years and 4 kids. While it has not completely covered all of the medical cost Obama care has really helped us with medical. My wife is diabetic so we went from spending about 550 a month to around 110 for most of her prescriptions. Being that it was a pre existing condition medical insurance does very little, most of the time we were denied coverage. if would have been better for us if she was a heroin addict. My youngest daughter recently moved to Scotland to get her masters at U of Edinburgh she had to pay 18 months in advance for medical coverage per Scotland regulations. total cost for 18 months 350 which covers everything. She went twice for woman issues no problem with appts or medications. She says there are a lot of Americans over there getting hip replacements and other things like that. So my question is what has Trump done for you?

Comment

By the way Buckeye we are both registered republicans and I did not vote for Obama

Comment

Trump's political rally in Tulsa seems to be an embarrassment to Trump. They were expecting about 1,000,000 Trump supporters and couldn't fill an indoor arena that could hold about 19,000 people. Trump cancelled an outdoor speech to the overflow because there was no overflow, about 9,000 showed up. Those inside the arena wore very few masks, so the virus might have been spread throughout the crowd.
                      Last edited by TARB; 06-21-2020, 06:47 AM.

Comment

What happened was that mostly young people, teenagers and people in their 20's ordered tickets for the event with the express purpose of Trump falsely anticipating a big crowd and then not showing up to disrespect Trump and his enablers.

Update on the crowd: 6,200 Trump supporters.

Trump was irate about the size of the crowd.
                        Last edited by TARB; 06-21-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steviev View Post
                          I do agree with you about government doing little for us. But since you asked I am 51 and have been married for 34 years and 4 kids. While it has not completely covered all of the medical cost Obama care has really helped us with medical. My wife is diabetic so we went from spending about 550 a month to around 110 for most of her prescriptions. Being that it was a pre existing condition medical insurance does very little, most of the time we were denied coverage. if would have been better for us if she was a heroin addict. My youngest daughter recently moved to Scotland to get her masters at U of Edinburgh she had to pay 18 months in advance for medical coverage per Scotland regulations. total cost for 18 months 350 which covers everything. She went twice for woman issues no problem with appts or medications. She says there are a lot of Americans over there getting hip replacements and other things like that. So my question is what has Trump done for you?
                          That is good that Obamacare worked out for you. It did work out for many and I will give credit to him for that. Healthcare is completely out of control. They are in it for the money, not helping people which is insanely ridiculous. The issue with it is that it also was worse for many, when it should’ve been better for EVERYONE. Why couldn’t people keep their coverage if they liked it like he said they could?🤷‍♂️

Trump has nothing for me nor has any President since Ive been able to vote. Please don’t think my criticism of Biden and Dems means I support Trump or Republicans. I do not like either side of the aisle. I just point out the blatant hypocrisy of the Dems. Some people are just so brainwashed by the liberal agenda that MSM pushes that they believe anything MSM tells them. I think we need to get rid of EVERY politician and start from scratch.

Comment

We are currently having about ten times the rate of infections that Europe is experiencing, but this asshole president is spouting that all is well, that covid-19 is waning. Every time he opens his mouth to say something, he lies to protect his possible reelection. Get rid of this bastard in the November election.

Comment

Working...
                            X