Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone excited about baseball coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone excited about baseball coming back?

Not sure if it actually will, given that they aren’t going to play in a bubble. I will be glad to have something to watch, but it’s hard to get behind a 60 game season. Even 82 games would have been preferable. Anything less than 100 games just feels like a waste to me. I cannot get behind the universal DH and runners on second base either to start extra innings. I’m thinking the pitchers will be rusty and by the time everything starts clicking, the season will be almost over. More chances for two and three inning starters and other things I do not like about how the game is changing.

I think the owners fucked this up and they could have been playing since May.

You are right bout the short season being almost useless
    First 20 games or so will be extended spring training. Doesnt bode well for game with CBA being up after '21

Comment

No.
      The 1994 strike was the last straw for me.
      Have never step foot in a MLB ballpark since then.
      If on TV just look to see what score is of game is then channel surf to something else.

Comment

Not excited at all. Not in the middle of a pandemic. Things are already starting to fall apart for the PGA after 2 weeks. This plan will never get off the ground while positive tests are coming in left, right and center. It's a joke and another black eye for baseball. The US is the world epicentre of the coronavirus. I won't put all the blame on Trump but he sure hasn't helped. There will be alot of players that might refuse to participate for fear of contracting the virus, passing it on to their families and having to quarantine or live in the 'bubble' for months on end.
        Last edited by DaveyShines; 06-24-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

The NHL and NBA are the only sports that are going to play on a bubble site that I know of. And I guess women’s soccer is trying something like that but a whole team had a bunch of positives and had to drop out.

In my opinion it’s dumb to be trying to get sports going again, but you know they won’t shut down until they have to. I think the NBA could work. I doubt mlb gets to a postseason and I don’t see any way the nfl can do it without a bubble.

Comment

Hard for me to get excited until it happens...I’m all for whatever they can put together, 60 games better than nothing...but with so many positives and they’re not even in full camps, it’s hard to assume this will happen (or even teams in bubble as there’s some opting out already). Ask again after July 4.

Comment

Anything's better than watching football reruns. Doubtful about it happening though, given the spiking infections across the U.S. Don't care for the new rules, but any baseball is better than none.

Comment

Agreed WJCJR.......anything better than nothing....or Netflix......skeptical but hopeful that this will happen before August

Comment

One thing I wouldn’t like about the 60 game season is that is would always be looked at an an asterisk season. I guess you can only compare it to the 99 nba season, but I think even that was 50 something games.

I guess they wouldn’t have started in May, but maybe late June and they could have had a more legit shot at 100 games.

Comment

I for one am excited for the return. The happiest team out there has to be the Astros.....since MLB has said ANY fights will be dealt with very harshly, lol....so other teams may have to wait until 2021 to get their redemption on some of the Astro hitters. Like others have said, anything that can get us some live sports will be taken at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X