Leave a comment:

• marcbryanjacob
    replied
    Good articles by Pat Forde:

https://www.si.com

Leave a comment:

• marcbryanjacob
    replied
    WTF? Yahoo Sports Illustrated Athletic all think the season gonna be shit-canned now? After all the sked releases? Just cuz the MAC said no? Students arrive at South Bend tomorrow. Big10 started practice Friday with everyone on the field. Say it aint so...

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    replied
    Originally posted by marcbryanjacob View Post
    cbjs win in ot, g!
    un-freaking-believable!!!

Leave a comment:

• marcbryanjacob
    replied
    CBJs win in OT, G!

Leave a comment:

• marcbryanjacob
    replied
    NotreDame @ Navy ppd till next year but Big10 sked set and their squads start training in a matter of hours. Various start dates for conferences but as of today, in this 1st week of August, we’re a go

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    replied
    And here we go. B1G announcement today of dropping all non-league games is huge. I look for EVERY power 5 league to now do the same. B1G will now add an additional league game to each school's schedule to give each team 10 games. The P12 is expected to do the same on Friday.

My worries are what will happen to the few Independent schools still out there, if everyone goes to league only format for this season?? Will they all just play each other, like 2 times each? It happened the last two seasons actually, when NMST played Liberty in a home and home tilt both seasons. This season there are 5 Independent schools, Notre Dame, BYU, UMASS, New Mexico St and Army.

From what I am hearing, the ACC will do whatever they can to accommodate ND into their league schedule this season. That would leave the other 4 schools to play home and home games, for a total of only 6 games each. I guess they could try and schedule 4 FCS games, but who knows.

​​​​​​​The last time I can remember a season schedule being this effed up was back in 2001 after 9-11.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyefan80
    commented on 's reply
    What if they get a vaccine?

• DaveyShines
    replied
    Spring football is one of the dumber ideas I've heard. How many young men will have to die or who will fatally infect family members and friends before someone puts a halt to this insanity?

Leave a comment:

• Coachv29
    replied
    Ivy League leaning towards the Spring.....I'm thinking their lead will be followed

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    replied
    I'm starting to get the feeling that we will have football, but it will be in the Spring. Probably just conference games, with the CFB Playoffs sometime in June. What this will mean in my opinion, is that players like Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, etc, will probably sit out and not risk injury. I guess some big CFB coaches approached the NFL this week to try and get them to push back the '21 draft, and the NFL said no. I honestly don't see any sort of college sports until maybe January at the earliest. Maybe we will have college golf, cross country. Sports that involve very little contact. I think the same goes for high school sports as well.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyefan80
    commented on 's reply
    Doubtful there’s a season if that’s the deadline.

• Buckeyefan80
    commented on 's reply
    Dewine is not Republican, he is a RINO. He was banking on this to become a pandemic to fuel his 2024 run. Maybe he had some inside info...🤷‍♂️

• gcotton
    replied
    NCAA Chief Medical Officer Brian Hainline stated today that July 13th, is a huge deadline date that the NCAA has set for there to be CFB this Fall. And with more and more D3 schools deciding to close shop for the Fall, it is looking more and more likely we will have a bunch of free Saturday's this Fall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X