Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saratoga July31

Saratoga July 31

Stomach bug had me down for a couple of days. Seem OK so far today.

R1 Bunch of FTS 2 yrolds

#4 looks as good as any on,breeding, trainer and works and it’s 12-1 ml .

R2 #8 is 2-1 ml has post 8 which hasn’t won so far,Nevis has another runner #6, and its best races are on the off track and will probably be 3 wide around the turn. So I’m betting against and putting it out of the money.

The 6F favours inside speed so I’m going with the 2 4-1 and the 5,12-1 . Kinda like the 6 @5-1 a bit too. 3&7 are dead closers so only for 3rd, if playing Tris.

R3 @1m&3/8 in July gotta think the 4 yro would have stamina edge on 3yrolds. #5 fits that bill, but Trainer Abbot doesn’t seem to get best out of this horse. Would need the full 10-1 to bet. Otherwise it’s a guessing game.

R4 6F so think inside and speed.

Only 5 horses looks straight forward pace scenario. 2 goes to lead 4 presses it and 1,5,3 stalk in that order. If2&4 slow it a touch then that’s the exa. But if they duel, to the 1/2 then the pressers get up . So 24 box and/ or 13/135:’

R5 51/2 T. Like 2 lightly raced horses. #7 had decent first start inTF sprint in this class, then raised in class and ran horrible on the dirt. Back on T and 6 F WO to improve stamina. #12 debut @Sar at this trip last year, 2 horrible dirt races , back on T with Bl On and gate WO plus a 5 F Wo. Outside posts cleaning up at 51/2 T.

Of course Clement has a FTS #4 but it’s WOs are slow. Might be worth a look if bet down from 7/2( he also has AE# 13 who’s a contender if it gets in)

R6 #3 Bond has been sitting in SAR waiting for this race since June. It won a similar race last year and none of the others have won at 7F.

126 are in good form use in exa Tri

Back with late pick 4
    "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
    “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Any luck lately, gentlemen? I’m striking out.

Comment

SARATOGA

6th race..#8 W&P
      ex box 8 with 1-2-3-5

8th race...#1 W&P

10th race...#11 W&P......jockey change to Santana Jr

DEL MAR

6th race...#3 W&P

9th race...#4 W&P

10th race..#11 W&P

Comment

R2 #5 kaching @ $53 exa 6-6 kaching kaching !$370
        “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Good pick.Win$ only.5-7 exacta.

Comment

• Barryt
            Barryt commented
            Editing a comment
            Told ya 7 for 3rd only😎
            Tri paid a staggering 1600.
            I'm sure if we were together we woulda had it.

R4 planB $63 exa. Can't make this up.

Comment

R7 july 31
            10 & 4 are both maker
            8 takes big drop. Drops to win or to get claimed?
            R8
            Pressers did well today @6F and there are 3 early horses here the 28&9 who are pretty evenly matched. So I'll go with pressers 5 nd7 who on their best day are as fast.
            R9
            Too many unknowns?
            3 gets the rail which hasnt been good.
            5, 8fastest on dirt 6 0n turf but 9 could turn the tables. Looks like an All for pics.
            I'll pass
            R10
            Like the 3 5/2.
            I'll take 2 pick 4 tickets
            4/5/5,9/3
            Gl
            Barryt
            alive in R6 with 3 for pic3

Comment

Working...
            X