No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 5 (Oct 4-8) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 5 (Oct 4-8) Post Plays Here

This is the thread for the 2018 VFV NFL P.O.W. contest. The following are the rules for this year (the same as in the past):

1. All contestants must be a member in good standing with VFV
    2. Players make one (1) single play ATS each week during the NFL regular season
    3. A correct play results in one (1) point being awarded. A "push" or tie, results in a half point (1/2) being awarded
    4. An Incorrect play results in zero (0) points being awarded
    5. All lines MUST be taken from the following website each week: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
    6. All lines must be -120 or less (must be posted on above site...no buying 1/2 point)
    7. Only Vegas Sports Books listed on the VI website will be allowed
    8. The following Books will NOT be allowed: VI Consensus, BetOnline, PepperMill, Atlantis Reno
    9. The following selections are allowed: Full Game Side, Full Game Total, First Half Side, First Half Total (NO MONEYLINES ALLOWED)
    10. Plays MUST be submitted each week by kickoff of last scheduled game.
    11. Plays must be in the following format (or close to it):

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Atlanta Falcons +3 (Golden Nugget)
    (This is where you will post your reasoning for this selection. It doesn't have to be a book or even a full paragraph, but more than just "I think the Falcons are better.")

12. Myself, Seahawk Rick (the artist formerly known as Cybergolf) or any other I deem so, will have final ruling on if a play is valid (ie: Wrong line, Wrong Book, Not enough reasoning given, etc)
    13. The first couple of weeks I will give the benefit of the doubt to any newcomers on here...veterans, you know the rules, LMEAO
    14. To qualify for the playoff round of this competition, players must have a total of 10 points by the end of the regular season (week 17)...important note: your points will be the number of Units you start with in the playoff portion of the contest that runs through the Super Bowl)
    15. Prizes to be determined by DaveTuley....we've had fellow posters offer up prizes in the past, so please let me know if anyone has anything to offer or ideas for yours truly (yes, this is an edit by DaveTuley I'd like to have a prize for the person earning the most points during the regular season...and then the overall champ after the Super Bowl (and perhaps a runner-up prize).
    16. NO EDITING!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and best of luck this season!

In Week #4 we went a combined 30-23-6 (.508) ATS

Thru 4 weeks, we are a combined 127-118-7 (.504) ATS

Here are the updated standings thru 4 weeks:
    Name Win Loss Tie Total
    JUSTJULIE123 4 0 0 4
    LEGZ_AKIMBO 4 0 0 4
    MR.VOLO 4 0 0 4
    PHATMAN15 4 0 0 4
    DAVEY SHINES 3 0 1 3.5
    J.HERB 3 0 1 3.5
    2HOLLYWOOD 3 1 0 3
    AMAZINGMOM 3 1 0 3
    DMAC 3 1 0 3
    DUKOWSKI 3 1 0 3
    EAST COAST 3 1 0 3
    ERMINE 3 1 0 3
    FLORABAMABOY 3 1 0 3
    FREEJACK 3 1 0 3
    JDMOOSE1950 3 1 0 3
    MCGRATH 3 1 0 3
    MTHELLER 3 1 0 3
    RACINGCAT 3 1 0 3
    TAKETHEREDEYE 3 1 0 3
    AZTEC10 2 1 1 2.5
    ASTEROID M 2 2 0 2
    BARRYT 2 1 0 2
    BIGGATOR53 2 2 0 2
    BRUINGUY 2 2 0 2
    BUCKEYEFAN80 2 2 0 2
    CAP32 2 1 0 2
    CHAMOINLA 2 2 0 2
    COACHV29 2 2 0 2
    COMPASS ROSE 2 2 0 2
    GCOTTON 2 2 0 2
    JPDAWG 2 2 0 2
    NOTJDAIGLE 2 2 0 2
    PETGAL2 2 1 0 2
    PITTSBURGH 2 2 0 2
    RAY 2 1 0 2
    SKULLF 2 2 0 2
    STR8OUTTADURANGO 2 2 0 2
    TARB 2 2 0 2
    TBONE2630 2 2 0 2
    TONYLOVE 2 2 0 2
    YISMAN 2 1 0 2
    EIEIO 1 2 1 1.5
    JPFITZ7 1 2 1 1.5
    MR. PIXTER 1 2 1 1.5
    NINERUTEFAN 1 2 1 1.5
    AARON24 1 3 0 1
    BARNSTORM 1 2 0 1
    BLUEANDGOLD65 1 3 0 1
    BUCKY 1 2 0 1
    CASEINPOINT 1 3 0 1
    DAVE TULEY 1 2 0 1
    DGOOSE111 1 2 0 1
    FEARLESS830 1 0 0 1
    GREAT SANTINI 1 2 0 1
    LIVEDOGGY 1 2 0 1
    MARCBRYANJACOB 1 3 0 1
    MR. OUTSIDEVEGAS 1 2 0 1
    SEAHAWK RICK 1 3 0 1
    SENATOR L 1 3 0 1
    STRMCHSR1 1 3 0 1
    UMOP APISDN 1 1 0 1
    XAVIER ROB 1 3 0 1
    ANYBODYBUTTIGER 0 2 0 0
    DEANO 0 4 0 0
    PJFROMCHICAGO 0 2 0 0
    RAO80 0 2 0 0
    ROCKMAN IN PA 0 4 0 0
    TEXAN 73 0 4 0 0
    WJCJR 0 2 0 0
    Last edited by gcotton; 10-03-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

2-2

Arizona +4.5 ..... Stratosphere

Taking the 4.5 points still available at this time. I am not sure which of these teams is better, but I am sure that Arizona has the better defense. SF, playing with a backup QB, will struggle to score points on offense. As long as Arizona doesn't give up a defensive or special teams TD, I am confident of covering the spread.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (3-1-0)

Bengals - 5.5 (Westgate)

The Bengals get their dynamic running back Mixon back for this game, and suspended LB V. Burfict will finally make his season debut. Watching the Falcons dump pass after pass 10 yards across the line this past Sunday against a porous Bengals D won't happen with Burfict patrolling midfield, this dude can inflict serous injury to those who don't fear him. Meanwhile, The Fish laid a turd up in Foxsboro, and the Bengals have maybe the most offensive firepower of any team in the AFC not named the Chiefs. The loss of TE Eifort for the year is a blow, but frankly the Bengals are used to not having him on the field anyway the past 3 years. Look for the home crowd to be whipped into an Orange Frenzy, Bengals by double digits, the fish get filleted in Cincy. Who Dey!

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (2-2-0 YTD)

BALTIMORE RAVENS -3 (EVERYWHERE, SO WESTGATE)

I REALLY wish I would of made this play last night when the line was under a FG. I can't figure this out.....CLV is back home (ok), but coming back from a late West Coast game in which they had to play damn near an entire extra qtr (ok, 9 mins), against a team on pretty similar short rest (SNF, but only had to travel to PIT). My guess is both teams probably landed in their own beds at about the same time this morning, lol. While CLV does have a good defense, Baker is a train-wreck waiting to happen. He personally gave the game to OAK yesterday with 4 turnovers. BAL on the other hand is one of the top 3 teams in the AFC right now. Considering their only loss is against the one loss Bengals. Baltimore goes into Cleveland and dominates.

BALTIMORE 27
          CLEVELAND 10

Best of luck to all this week!

Comment

Raiders +6 SC , DIVISION GM....Carr goes toe to toe w Rivers, Beastmode eats clock and ydg vs Charger dee and Carr gets ball downfield enough to keep it a last/one possession game. YTD 2-2

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. 1-3-0

CAR -6.5 (Stations)

As much a pick against NYG as on CAR. CAR hasn't shown great D yet, but losing on the road at ATL isn't a horrible thing, but the impressive thing to me is the win over CINN before they went into their BYE week. I think that game shows they are a team to be reckoned with and NYG hasn't shown much of anything to start the season. CAR has the leading rushing game vs the 29th ranked NYG rush D, and that should help open up the passing for Cammy to toss it around more and make Elly have to throw, and throw some more to play catch up in the 2nd half.

I'm 1-3...I'm due!

Comment

2018 NFL POW 3-1 (3-points)

NE -10 (Wynn)

When you start doubting the Brady, the Brady comes to play. Josh Gordon should be on the field this week and will be a huge weapon for NE. Better team, short week, I will go with the home team to cover. NE wins 31-17.

Comment

NFL POW. 4-0-0
                  Taking my old home town team Jets -2 William Hill.
                  i know you can not use this reason but Denver LOOKS too easy.Now for some solid reasons.Denver not feeling too good about Monday lost to
                  KC.and must worry about next week vs. Rams.Lets look at Jets,beat Detroit and played Miami and CLEV.to the wire.Jax have no explanation except Rick and
                  I could have called a better game.
                  Going back in time I can still see Joe Willy wearing white shoes and throwing darts at old Shea Stadium.My Friends Father was in chargeof the players gate and we would
                  Stand near it and when visiting team was coming off bus he would ask 3 or 4 of us to help trainer take boxes etc to visitors locker room and bingo we disappeared.
                  Love to tell my stories and my wife said they must be true because they never change.GLTA

Comment

2018 NFL POW 3-1

HOU -3 (William Hill)

HOU defense is starting to play like we thought they would. They had a 18 pt lead on luck and gang but took the foot off the pedal. The boys are ranked 20th in YPP on the offense, that is not going to do it against this defense. Houston is going to be dangerous in front of the home crowd with a dominant defensive show. I have the game at HOU 24-17

Comment

NFL POW (2-2)

GB/Det U 51 (Westgate)

I don’t know why but from what I recall these GB/Det games in Detroit are always low scoring. I know there are different coaches now but I’m gonna go with that happening again. Helps me that Rodgers is banged up. GLA

Comment

NFL POW 0-4

Jets -1 MGM

The Jets stink but are favored in the game. My father in law always called this the “Come take my money” game from Vegas. Not biting on Denver. Line movement shows people are jumping on Denver so I will go the other way. Of course my record is so bad I look up to the Jets and their one win. Good enough for me.

Comment

• Mrvolo
                          Mrvolo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hope you are right.Bells go off when you look at this line.Hope your FIL is on the Jets.

2-2
                        Lions + 1 1/2 willie hill
                        Stafford showed what a true gunslinger he is last week in Dallas in a game that he simply ran out of time. Gets back into the friendly confines of the Ford dome this week and faces a Packer defense that is simply a shell of its former self.

Comment

NFL POW (1-3-0)

Raiders +6 (MGM)

Over the last 9 seasons the underdog has won with the spread a stunning 15-3. For the Raiders it's 7 of the last 9 covers as a series visitor as well, while the Chargers are just 1-3 vs. the line this season.The Chargers seem to me to be leading the league in underachieving.

Comment

NFL POW [2-2]

OVER 52 Washington/New Orleans [MGM Mirage]

Saints are always a much more high powered team at home and Brees, Kamara, and Thomas will make many splash plays in this nationally televised game. Redskins also will find ways to score in this one and Adrian Peterson is going to be highly motivated to take it to the Saints after his short lived tenure in New Orleans. Both Defenses have issues also, so I see this one approaching 60.

GL to all

Comment

Working...
                            X