Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-1
    kc -3 mgm
    I don't like most of the games this week. I'm sticking with Kc as they have been reliable for me the past few weeks. Last week showed they could win in a tough environment a good defense. While jags clearly have the advantage on d, I like the Chiefs offense here to make enough happen to cover.

Comment

POW 2-2
      houston -3.5 William hill

cowboys are 0-2 on the road and don’t expect them to get their first road win in prime time. Watson going to be able to throw all over the place with 3 WRs playing well. Dak continues to show that his rookie year was a fluke and he’s just average. Texans 27-10

Comment

POW 2-1
        With packing up the cottage last WE and then driving to Florida I completely forgot about POW.

Gotta get my priorities right!

Even this week, I’ve missed my numbers on Tenn, Denver, Pitt,

So that leaves me with Oak or NO

OAK +6 WYNN

Oakland is 1-3 and that win was at home, in OT vs Cleveland Helped by Mayfield turn overs! However in their 3 losses to quality opponents as dogs, they led at 1/2 time or early 3 rd quarter, but it seems their conditioning let them down. I see the Raiders as finally being in shape and face the Chargers that historically has trouble covering as a favourite. Both of these coaches are very old school, so Gruden won’t be at a large disadvantage is analytics. And finally,this is likely to be a home crowd for the Raiders so taking 2 field goals is a good bet.
        "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
        “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (3-1-0)

Baltimore Ravens -3 (MGM)

I'm falling into the squarest of moves here but I can't help it. Just like the Thursday NE-IND game I can't envision a scenario the favorite doesn't win and cover in blowout fashion. Obviously, doesn't work that way but I can 100% live with myself and sleep soundly at night even if I'm wrong in taking the Ravens to win 27-10. Square and the rookie QB gets his home start with the crowd thinking he's the savior but Harbaugh and the Ravens defense will eat his lunch. He'll see things he's never seen before and feel pressure he's yet to feel. I'm thinking he'll turn it over at least twice and be sacked 3+ times.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. 2-1-0 (failed to post a play in wk2)
            Texans -3 (TI)

This is a numbers play for me I made the Texans -4.5 on my own line and see solid value at -3 also the Sean Lee injury to the mix is a killer for the Cowboys, also Cowboys biggest Offensive weapon is Ezekiel Elliot but Texans are top 5 against the rush (Texans allow only 3.5 yards per rush). I just don’t see how the Cowboys are able to score enough to threaten here.

Comment

2-1 record

Atlanta Falcons +3.5 (wESTGATE)

pit LOCKer room in shambles

I think this will be the type of game where last team to have the ball wins and I'd take the points in such a situation.

I like getting the hook when the teams are fairly even

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (2-2-0 YTD)

Detroit -1 William Hill
                Detroit was much-improved in its second home game when compared to its first, and that big win over New England gave the team a lot of confidence. The Lions have actually covered the spread in each of their last three games despite losing two of them, which were both decided by three points or less.
                The Lions have been performing well since getting embarrassed in a 48-17 loss to the New York Jets on national television in Week 1, and this is the perfect time for them to prove they are on the right track under first-year head coach Matt Patricia.With the Packers cluster injuries at WR, the Lions have the clear better roster and I’d bet Detroit
                GL.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (1-2)

Raiders +5.5 (MGM & Wynn)
                  Shoot...off to 1-2 start and missed last week (though 2 best bets lost so have to assume I would be 1-3 anyway).
                  Chargers not to be trusted laying points, plus Raiders finally won last week (though should have lost) but fact is they've been leading in 4th quarter every game so they're competitive against everyone and this should come down to wire again. GLA

Comment

NFL POW (2-2)
                    OVER 51 Washington/New Orleans (MGM)

Well since I forgot to post yesterday, I limited my options down to one game. I am taking the over because I remember some crazy statistic that if the Sunday night game goes under, the Monday night game is most likely to go over. Saints have a great offense and Washington will try to keep pace. To be honest this is a total shot in the dark pick because I don't like the spread and again my options are limited due to my own fault of forgetting to pick a Sunday game.
                    Last edited by Pittsburgh; 10-08-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

4-0-0
                      washington +6 widely available

Missed my best bet arizona yesterday but will still go with washington tonite. xtra weeks rest while playing a team with little defense. Think wash can slow things down while smith dinks and donks....

Comment

POW 1-2
                        Skins +6.5 (Stations, Nugget)

Saints are getting 75% of bets yet the line has dropped. Something stinks. I will probably wait to see if the line climbs closer to game time because of all of the Saints love, but here I'll grab the 6 with the hook.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (1-2-1)

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -5 1/2 (WYNN)

I came into the season thinking the Saints were one of the best teams in football, so the Week One stumble against Tampa and the Week Two struggle with Cleveland surprised me. But perhaps they are rounding into better form. Last week, they were closer to the team I expected to see—solid defense, explosive offense. They get Ingram back tonight, something that could spark the offense. I think the improvement will continue against a Washington team coming off a weirdly early bye week.

Comment

Pow 1-3

WASHINGTON REDSKINS +6 WR

This according to anyone's pwr rating should be a max of 4. I really wanna wait for a 7 but it looks like 5.5. Brees will get his record but it may psych the skins up more than the saints. Classic case of MNF homer inflation.

Comment

NFL POW selection (2-2-0 YTD)

Redskins +6 (William Hill)

I missed a better number by waiting too long but sneaking this in just in time. The Saints defense is proving that last year was a fluke and as great as the offense might be st home Alex Smith has always been underrated and will be able to keep pace against a much worse defense. I’ll be on the moneyline with the redskins as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X