This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0)

Arizona +7.5 (FanDuel) *If that book doesn't count and I doubt it does then I'll take the +7 (William Hill)

I like the idea of in division games that are historically close in a year with little to no information without a preseason. I can't lay over a TD in the division with no true home field and no travel fatigue issues. AZ should be able to keep this close at the very least with the back door being wide open if nothing else. SF on offense without Deebo and in a game they expect to win unless they turn the ball over will most likely run as much as possible and get out in front of the chains. If AZ doesn't turn it over 3 times this game feels about 27-21.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0)

Browns + 81/2(FanDuel) or + 71/2 (William Hill)

The word is out,The line is down to a touchdown in some books. Cleveland is going to look to see if Baker Mayfield will come back to being his comfortable self or the player that is all over the place. Mayfield last year ended up throwing for 3827 yards with 22 touchdowns, but was picked off 21 times. Nick Chubb was the consistent player for the Browns offense and is back this year. Chubb last year carried the ball 298 times with 1494 yards and 8 touchdowns. Myles Garrett is coming back and that could definitely give the Browns defense a bolster. The Browns defense without Garrett struggled quite a bit and did not have the same edge. The other thing that the Browns do have going for them is the addition of 2 standouts from the national championship team from last year as the LSU draft picks are both projected to start the game. The Ravens have the offensive power coming into the game here, but the Browns have Garrett back and have quite a formidable pair coming from LSU. Look for that to make the difference in the game as the power of the Cleveland defense actually keeps the game close enough to prevent Baltimore from covering.

GL.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0)

Miami +7 (Westgate)

Glad to see everyone back again this year! Nice to have the NFL back to have some diversion from all that's going on in this country right now.

I don't know if even Belechik can salvage this team. Changing from Brady to Newton is a huge change which may pay off, but I can't see it all clicking in week 1. Add that to the fact that they've had key players opt out, and I don't think this is a one touchdown game. Miami built some momentum at the end of last year and is a better team than the one that beat New England last year.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0)

Baltimore Ravens -7 (Circa)

Huge Browns fan, but with no preseason and limited camp and practices coupled with the injuries on defense will limit the Browns a ton. Ravens coming in with experience and continuity will be huge. I expect this game to be close in the first half and then Ravens will show that experience and pull away in the second half winning by 14+. I would love to be wrong though.

Comment

Seattle +1 ( Circa )
            seattle offense looking to score early & often

Comment

S.F. -6.5 (Westgate Superbook)

I like the SuperBowl hard luck losers to come out sharp and fired up today. AZ not ready for prime time just yet. With no preseason, I give the edge to the more veteran team with the better and more battle-tested players and coaches.

Comment

Week #1

New York Giants +6 (William Hill)

The hype is all over Pittsburgh this year, and I am not convinced they are all that. Giants seem to be improving, and the sportswriters in NY have been optimistic on the Giants this preseason. Laying six points seems too generous not to accept the wood, spectators or not. The Giants should be able to keep this close, and I will gladly take the points. Who really knows what we will see in the NFL this year, but it is nice to see them back!

Good luck to all!

Comment

Tampa / New Orleans over 47.5 (MGM)

It May take Brady and Bucs a couple drives to get rolling, but he has way too many weapons to be held down too long. And either way the Saints should be able to put up points so Bucs will play catch up and air it out if needed. Should fly over the 47.5.

Comment

NFL POW 0-0-0
                    CHARGERS -3 (MGM)

Taking the road favorite in this spot, Panthers have a rookie head coach with
                    little or no nfl experience ,not even an exhibition game under his belt , I will take the team with a head coach who has been in the league a few years

Comment

2020 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Scrap teams - Should wear masks and hide UNDERground

BUFF UNDER
                      41½u-10

Draftkings

Comment

POW back w/a bullet. Some tight lines this afternoon and tomorrow, let's kick off the season of prognostication with a total.

Phoenix @ SF UNDER 48.5 Stations 11:15am PDT

Going against the steam with this selection, as number has gone up from opener a field goal. As I look at the game, I know phoenix will look to play an up tempo game on offense, with murray slinging the ball to his cadre of receiving options while also getting out of the pocket and putting pressure on all levels of the 49er D. What I am troubled with is the SF wide receiver room. Where will they get their offense from? Expect phoenix to focus their coverage on Kittle, as not much to scare them on the outside. Expect Coach Shanahan will dial in on the 3 headed monster that is their rushing attack. I don't think phoenix will be able to stand up to that pounding for 4 quarters, and this emphasis on the run will keep the clock moving. Think phoenix will hit a play or 2 over the top. Just see SF taking control of things in the 2nd half which will lead to them bleeding the clock in the 4th quarter. When all is said and done, see a defensive skirmish with the 49ers coming out on top. How about 23-17 SF.

Comment

NFL POW 0-0-0
                          Steelers/Giants Under 46 (William Hill)

A stat that jumped out this week was that 19 of the past 21 games Steelers have been a road favorite the game has gone under the total. After missing most of last season, Roethlisberger should need a few weeks to shake off some rust, and the offense doesn't possess the big playmakers it has had in previous seasons. However, the Steeler defense looks to be the team's strength, so I expect the Giants to struggle to score as well. Expecting a low scoring game, and the Steelers to go under the total on the road once again.

Comment

0-0ytd
                            Dnvr +3 Westgate

The Titans are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 Monday games. Broncos 0-4-1 in their last 4 Monday nights games. Broncos without Miller and Sutton. Titans easy pick....way too easy. As we know nothing in 2020 is easy.
                            Mile high is always a tough place to play early in year when working into game shape. That’s when they have a preseason. I’m counting on Titans getting gassed and slipping allowing that back door Lock TD to win. Dnvr 21-20

Comment

N.F.L.
                              POW 0-0
                              DENVER +3

Taking the home dog on Monday hoping the Altitude is too much to overcome . Plus I got to like Denver cause Elway said you take a knee and your off the team .

Comment

Forgot to state where line is from

Westgate

Comment

Working...
                                X