The Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Civil War

In the summer of 1787, the Constitutional Convention established the government of the United States of America to be a Constitutional Republic. However, prior to the Civil War, most Americans thought that their country was the state that they lived in. When southern states pulled themselves out of the USA to establish the Confederate States of America Lincoln offered Robert E. Lee command of the United States Army. Lee declined and instead resigned his commission and said, in his own words that, ''I cannot fight against my country, Virginia''. After the Civil War, every American knew that their country was the USA, not the individual state that they lived in. Now President Trump is trying to start another civil war, pitting white Americans against minority Americans. He is doing this because he thinks that this will help him win another term as President. Don't let him do this, vote him out of office.

Trump's comments about "losers" and "suckers" might be his undoing. I think this is a tipping point. If only those anonymous sources would step forward to corroborate. They would be true American heroes. This abomination of a President has to go. The lack of response from the Republican leadership in opposition to his behaviour is appalling and revealing.

Comment

You misspelled media, the REAL enemy of the people. THAT is who is dividing this country and until you wake up and realize this you are just going to be a pissy old man. Seriously tarb, this is a sports forum and sports are on. You, nor I, am going to change anyone’s minds about who they are voting for. Can we stop with the political nonsense and get back to talking sports...

Comment

• TARB
        TARB commented
        Editing a comment
        The media keeps all of these corrupt politicians in check, revealing their misdeeds. A democratic republic cannot function without an honest media. Most reporters in the media are honest. Nixon was only brought down due to the Washington Post's investigative reporters and the courage of the Washington Post's editors to take on a corrupt President.

• Buckeyefan80
        Buckeyefan80 commented
        Editing a comment
        That used to be the case before Reagan’s administration got rid of the fairness doctrine and if you really believe that tarb, you are BEYOND help! With all this free time you seem to have you should try doing some research on how much your “honest” media has covered up for politicians and many people in power. I’d suggest an easy read like Ronan Farrow’s Catch and Kill to start. You’d really LOVE it because it paints Trump in a bad light and talks about his past misdeeds and pedophilia and illegitimate kids and how much the media has covered up for him, but you go on and keep thinking they are honest and tell us everything. 🙄
        Last edited by Buckeyefan80; 09-09-2020, 06:35 AM.

And here i thought at this site you were talking about the Oregon/Oregon st football rivalry

Comment

Trump is a thief,a liar and a coward. He and his sister robbed his niece of most of her inheritance when Fred Trump died. Why do you think that he always stays at properties owned by the Trump Corporation? It is because he can outrageously charge the US government. All of his secret servicemen must stay there, too. Trump Corporation overcharges for rooms and for food.
        He lies every time he says something, to either protect himself or help his reelection campaign.
        He had his father send him to a foot doctor, that for a bribe lied that Donald had bone spurs in his foot to avoid military service at the time of the Viet Nam War. He disrespects the military. He didn't want to go to military cemeteries in France that contained dead soldiers from World War I, calling those patriots losers and fools.
        Read some of the books written about him by his former cronies or by his niece and you will see how much of a phony Trump is. He is totally unfit to be the President and will undoubtedly voted out of office in November, despite what Trump does to cheat to be reelected. He admires dictators all over the world and actually wants to be one, too.
        Buckeyefan80, you are pathetic.
        Last edited by TARB; 09-09-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Now reports are coming out that Trump actually knew about how bad the covid-19 pandemic was going to be on January 24th, but deliberately lied to the American public because he knew it would be bad for him politically. I thought that he was incompetent in his response, but now it is apparent that his lies have caused many thousands of deaths of Americans.

Why is it always the Republican Presidents that baldly lie to the American public? George W. Busch lied about weapons of mass destruction to get us into an unnecessary war with Iraq. Nixon lied about the coverup of Watergate that eventually caused him to resign to avoid being impeached. Trump also lied about the help that he got from Russia to win the 2016 election. Russia is interfering with the 2020 election right now to try to help Trump win.
          Last edited by TARB; 09-09-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Oh how you’ve changed my mind now 🙄
            I would say I am not the pathetic one since I can see that everything you mentioned above is explaining every politician and especially both of the major candidates you have to choose from. The difference between me and you is I’m not blinded by ignorance to see that both sides are liars, thieves, and cowards. Like he is the first president or politician to lie to get re-elected. Once again, you are believing what “anonymous sources” said to a “reporter” that works and writes for a media company owned by one of Biden’s megadonors, which happened 2 years ago, and there have supposedly been documents found proving the flight was cancelled due to weather. Yea, totally legit! I would say you are the pathetic one that believes a guy that has been in office for almost 50 years is NOW finally going to bring change. 🤦‍♂️
            I don’t need to read any books on him, I know how much of an idiot he is. It’s just funny how gullible the Dems are to believe anything that comes out of their mouths is legit, whenever Biden can make a complete sentence. It’s the same story every 4 years. The duopoly fools voters by saying what the voter wants to hear, nothing changes for the better, and it’s all done again 4 years later.

Comment

• TARB
              TARB commented
              Editing a comment
              Trump, himself, said to a reporter that he downplayed the pandemic. He said is is still downplaying it. This is not a reporter saying that Trump said it, this is Trump saying it on a televised recorded interview. If you watch it, you can see it for yourself. Then Trump lies to the public, saying that it will very shortly go away. Well, the number of American deaths currently exceeds 191,000, which will probably double before it is contained. This asshole has condemned many tens of thousands to unnecessary deaths by downplaying the danger instead of doing his best to contain it.
              Last edited by TARB; 09-09-2020, 08:11 PM.

• Caseinpoint
              Caseinpoint commented
              Editing a comment
              Buckeye fan. If you eliminate the media on the cable channels, they are about as fair and balanced as you can get. When Trump downplays news from the big three networks, WSJ, NYTimes and Washington Post, then you really have to wonder who is perpetuating “fake” news.

The Chiefs/Texans game is a pass for me, I can make an argument for both sides. Chiefs clearly the stronger team and perhaps even a tad underrated you could argue. However the Texans have playoff revenge and you always have to respect Watson.

Oh wait, I forgot this thread is about some stupid political argument. WTF, why do people feel the need the post their political agenda in a Sports Betting Forum? I don't care what side of the political aisle you are on, take it somewhere else.
            Last edited by RacingCat; 09-09-2020, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I think you two are not going to convince each other of any point you are trying to make about Trump, or politics in general. At this point it’s just bashing your head against the wall. I’d just move on. Internet forums/Facebook/ social media are not conducive to healthy political discussion.

Comment

Well said Buckeyefan80. Agree wholeheartedl. Is a shame that the same liberal crap I’m exposed to on Facebook and other main stream media outlets I have to endure here now. Will try to stay above board and believe taken as a whole that we agree on much more as a people than the media would like us to believe. If they want to win the White House and Congress and make change put candidates and policies forward that people actually want to vote for. So far they are not doing this it’s just “Trump bad person” vote for Joe. Not what I’m lookin for

Comment

• Caseinpoint
                  Caseinpoint commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only if you ever get sober enough to actually cast your vote.

OK, with the football season officially here, I will abandon all political posts, if everyone else does so, too. So guys, stop adding to this post.

Comment

Fair enough TARB. Good luck this season. Taking the points tonight in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
                    In the summer of 1787, the Constitutional Convention established the government of the United States of America to be a Constitutional Republic. However, prior to the Civil War, most Americans thought that their country was the state that they lived in. When southern states pulled themselves out of the USA to establish the Confederate States of America Lincoln offered Robert E. Lee command of the United States Army. Lee declined and instead resigned his commission and said, in his own words that, ''I cannot fight against my country, Virginia''. After the Civil War, every American knew that their country was the USA, not the individual state that they lived in. Now President Trump is trying to start another civil war, pitting white Americans against minority Americans. He is doing this because he thinks that this will help him win another term as President. Don't let him do this, vote him out of office.
                    He also puts red states against blue states. We have never been the “United” States of America through out his (soon to be short-lived) administration.

Comment

Working...
                    X