No announcement yet.

2020 NFL P.O.W. Week #3 (September 24-28 ) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know not to edit but that line came from BetMGM (Carolina +7.5)

Comment

POW 1-1

Jacksonville/Miami UNDER 48 (Caesars)

My Week 2 pick lost by 1/2 point on a dead number. (had Cleveland -5.5, won by exactly 5). I'm going back to the Thursday night game again this week. I know both the Jaguars and Dolphins were involved in shootouts on Sunday but this game looks like an under. Going back to Week 1, the Jaguars had less than 250 yards on offense and the Dolphins scored 11 points. Thursday night games are traditionally lower scoring on average anyway and I consider both Fitzpatrick and Minshew below aaverage NFL starting QBs. I'll gladly play under what I feel is an inflated total.

Comment

N.F.L. P.O.W. ( 1-1-0)

Seattle/Dallas under 56 (W Hill)

This number is 10 points higher than any number set between these two teams ever-
        Also using an early season trend plus the fact that these two last 11 are 8-3 to the under at Seattle--
        Besides all that- I have no idea which team is winning anything this week-- will fall back on a total

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you seen these defenses? I think NYG has a better defense than these two clown shows! ;-) I think the O/U should be 80...That's why you'll win! LOL!

NFL POW 0-1-1

LA CHARGES -6.5

Panthers lost their star running back,Bridgewater will have to carry this offense cant see that happening. Chargers do just enough on offense to cover a low scoring game . Taking my chances with LA's other team.

Comment

• Buckeyefan80
          Buckeyefan80 commented
          Editing a comment
          Herb, I'm pretty sure that line was everywhere but you need the book that line came from

2020 NFL P.O.W. (2-0-0 YTD)

Tennessee Titans -2.5 (Everywhere, TI)

Titans have one of the best defenses in football and going against an offense that is really struggling right now. Kirk Cousins really misses Diggs, and it's very apparent right now. If this was last season and MIN was allowed to have fans, I probably would stay away from this game, but there is no home field advantage with MIN right now. That done is one of the most feared in football when packed. Titans keep on rolling and go to 3-0.

Tennessee Titans 27
        Minnesota Vikings 17

Best of luck to all this week, and stay safe everyone!

Comment

NFL POW 2-0

OVER 47.5 Atlanta vs Chicago

Atlanta...scoring 32 a game....giving up 39 a game. Even with the Bears QB being very inconsistent they should be able to score in the mid to high 20's and until somebody shows that they can slow down Ryan, Jones, Ridley, Gurley, Koo, etc I see them scoring in the high 20's low 30's. I even can see a special teams of defensive score in this game, so again, until further notice I see Atlanta as a solid OVER play.

GL to all

Comment

Sorry....my 47.5 was from William Hill

Comment

NFL POW (1-1)

Chargers -5.5 (Circa)

Going with capcondos turnover trend. This line may be an overreaction to the chiefs game but with Herbert at qb I think they may be able to win by at least 6 to a decent Carolina team. GLA

Comment

In case P.O.W. players didn't see the other thread...

I'm sharing this info in case this affect anyone's ability to log in (and make P.O.W. picks, etc.)...I haven't noticed any issues on previous maintenance updates like this but we also didn't have as many people visiting and posting since starting this new site. The notice says from 3-10 p.m. PT Thursday, so I guess that's 6 p.m. ET Thursday to 1 a.m. ET Friday, so please plan accordingly. Thanks!

-------------- VBULLETIN SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE NOTIFICATION -----------

www.vbulletin.com will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.

Comment

2020 NFL P.O.W. (1-0-1)

Tennessee -2.5 (Circa Sports) My Vikings have been a disaster this year. They did little to address their OL and RG Elflein is out and replaced by the swinging door that is Dru Samia. I don't see the line holding enough to let Cook run or give time for Cousins to throw. Their cornerbacks were already a liability and the two top CBs did not practice today. Also without Danielle Hunter up front on the D-Line and Anthony Barr done for the season, the Titans should do whatever they please on offense. A huge game from Derrick Henry and Jonnu Smith is my prediction, and I'm jumping on the -2.5 now before it climbs higher.

Comment

NFL POW (2-0)

HOTLANTA FALCONS -3 (South Point)

I'm sucking up to King Cotton on this one...I feel just a little bad for the Seachickens beating them down Week 1...I do actually feel bad for their loss to DAL...Geeeez, I didn't know kickoff teams could get hypnotized by a spinning football!

I think Matty Ice is off to the races in the passing game and putting up yards and points...I think with their backs to the wall already, they put it all together to take down a CHI team that is lucky to be 2-0. DET beat themselves late in Week 1, and Barkley goes out early in the NYG game and they still have to stave off a final drive to win a low-scoring game. CHI isn't facing Danny Dimes this week, they are playing a top end QB. Julio is a question mark for ATL, which would be a tough loss, but other weapons will be enough to get the W in ATL. I just hope it doesn't come down to an onside kick! ATL by 7.
                    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-24-2020, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• gcotton
                      gcotton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have never seen someone so eager to move their record to 2-1 then you my friend.....I went through 2 bottles big Pepto and a bottle of Tito's on Sunday night to get me over the DAL game. Unreal....

• Seahawk Rick
                      Seahawk Rick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm going to have the bottle of Tito's for breakfast so I can pass out and not see the 4th quarter! I'm messing with one of my Jinx teams in CHI, but feel your birds have the horses to get the W as long as they don't have any flashbacks to the DAL game. Maybe the team should have some Tito's! Just don't let the Chargers Doctor anywhere near them with a needle!

• Seahawk Rick
                      Seahawk Rick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My edit was taking an 's' off the word question...Sue me!

NFL P.O.W. (2-0-0)

Arizona -5.5 (CIRCA)

Well this seems like a too good to be true line, and you gotta think it will move up to 6.5 or maybe 7 by kickoff, so this has me a little worried. But seriously, Detroit is just not very good. They have lost 11 in a row, and you gotta believe the locker room has about had it with Matt Patricia. The three headed offensive monster of Drake, Hopkins and Murray should be able to put this game away and win by double digits. They should have put another 10-14 points on the board last week against Washington, but had silly mistakes that they will clean up against the toothless Lions.

Comment

Everyone and their brother likes Arizona and yet the line has gone down from -6.5 to -5.5. Any news or reasons for that?

Comment

• Mrvolo
                        Mrvolo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Read my pick

• RacingCat
                        RacingCat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Detroit is 0-2 SU and ATS, Arizona is 2-0 SU and ATS. I don't know the exact numbers but playing the 0-2 team blind in this situation is absolutely a proven winning angle. I think the 0-2 team in this situation covers around 63% of the time but it's been a couple of years since I have seen the stat so I might be a couple percentage points off. Bottom line, it wins more than it loses.

• barnstorm
                        barnstorm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        On the database I checked, it actually says the Home Team has won this situation 53.8% of the times since 1988. But it is a small sample size - only 28-24. I used https://sportsdatabase.com/nfl/. Line is holding steady, although it ranges from AZ -5 to -6 at different books.

NFL P.O.W. (2-0-0)

New England -5 (Westgate)

The Pats should be 2-0 right now and the Raiders are coming off of their high from Monday Night. Raiders are going
                      in the right direction, but the defense appears to leave a lot to be desired. Coach Bill has had a foul taste in his mouth
                      for a week and an extra day of prep over the Raiders. Plus, Raiders are flying across country. New England gets well
                      and the Raiders come down to earth.
                      "Do what is right . . . and suffer the consequences" Sam Houston

Comment

NFL P.O.S. = 0-2-0 FADE MATERIAL

DENVER - "cuz T.Bay still adjusting to Tom
                        +6½ -10 - Stations

Comment

Working...
                        X