The Limper Line – NFL – Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Limper Line – NFL – Week 3

Predictably, these early season projections are flubbing badly in terms of MOV, but projecting straight-up winners is a good indicator that the model is performing correctly. Hopefully, by Week 4 we’ll see a better ATS performance. Also, remember that these “initial” weekly projections are largely based in part on who started last week and does not account for injuries – of which there were a big number , and will impact the second round of projections on Thursday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NFL STANDINGS 2020 - WEEK 2.png
Views:	115
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	15725

Name:	The Limper Line - NFL 2020 - Week 3.png
Views:	83
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	15726

Views:	72
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	15794

Comment

Views:	64
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	15864

Comment

Views:	39
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	15920

Comment

I would go back and check the ATS column. I see wins on Chicago, New England, Carolina, instead of ATS losses The New York Jets should be a loss instead of an ATS win.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie8 View Post
            I would go back and check the ATS column. I see wins on Chicago, New England, Carolina, instead of ATS losses The New York Jets should be a loss instead of an ATS win.
            Sorry about this, but my post this morning failed to include the consensus closing lines, which were used to make the final ATS picks (based the final posted MOV projections), and to grade ATS WINS/LOSSES. As I have cautioned before, pick-flips happen, but using the closing lines to grade the model’s performance is the most open and reliable method in have found. Per usual, and as you pointed out, the closing lines once again killed the model’s ATS record, going 1-3 on the pick-flips. Below includes final closing lines and picks.

Views:	41
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	15926

Comment

Working...
            X