Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 NFL P.O.W. ( 3-0-1 ) 3.5 points

Jacksonville/ Houston Under 54.5 ( Westgate ) and everywhere

I might be shooting blanks here with my reasoning for this play but hear me out.

Both of these team have been in some high scoring games this season, mostly because of each team's defense
    The Jags and Texans give up about 30 points each, plus the Overs are hitting at a Hot rate this season and maybe this is why the Total has been set so high.

But I have always believed that there are matchups where teams play a known opponent a certain way every time they meet.
    Which comes to this matchup, and a matchup that I have followed for years.

and that's why I was surprised to see this total at 54.5/ 55 because I couldn't remember the total being set that high in the past.
    So I doublechecked to see and the highest was 46 which was last season and they ended up scoring a total of 29 points in that game.
    Actually, you would have to go back to 2015 to find a total of 51 points scored between the two.
    from that point ( 2015 - 2019 ) they have never reached 50 points.

I just feel that these teams know each other well and will follow history.

​​​​​​​Good Luck

Comment

2020 NFL P.O.W. ( 3-1-0 )

Colts PK (William Hill)

Colts are the most underrated team out there. They should be 4-0; their first game (the loss) had a lot of bad luck. The Browns have also won three in a row, but their opponents have not been strong. If the Browns beat the Colts, I'll be very imporessed.

Comment

2-2
        KC -11 Bet Mgm

The Chiefs look better than last year, if that’s at all possible. They get Jones and Breeland back and are at full health, which is pretty amazing considering a team like the Raiders is losing players to injuries and covid.

When Carr starts bitching publicly, it usually means the Raiders are starting to lose their gusto. They have a decent offense, but I think KC will shut down Walker, Witten looks over, and I can’t see Carr improving his horrible loss record in KC. This Raiders defense is also abysmal. Easy win for chiefs.

Comment

2020 NFL P.O.W. (2-2-0)

NEW YORK JETS-JETS-JETS +7 (Westerngate)

I have no idea why I'm going on the worst team in the NFL, but I've been drinking a lot of Hydroxychloroquine and driving around in a Suburban waving at people. ARI was supposed to be the rising star in the west but a few stumbles have made them normal, even average. Kyler has a 45.1 passer rating on 3rd down and an even worse 27.8 rating on deep passes this season. The defense doesn't seem in sync and maybe it doesn't have to be to play the JETS but what I think will play into the game is this is their 2nd east coast/10am trip in two weeks. It takes it's toll. I'm looking for a slow start by ARI and Flacco should be a little more in the grove with the WR's after a week of practice to help them hang around to get the cover. Why not, it's 2020 and anything is possible!

Comment

0-3-1 YTD

Texans -5.5 Circa

Rolling with the Texans and their new head coach. Teams in all sports tend to play well with the first game under a new head coach after a firing.

Comment

POW (3-1-0)

Indy/Cleve UNDER 48 (everywhere)

Everyone seems in love with Browns offense when I believe their scoring is more a factor of the 3 horrible defenses they just played. Remember they scored a whopping 6 points when they played a top D (BAL). Now they lose Chubb and face a much tougher Defense in Indy. Not excited with the prospect of Rivers leading Colts to a bunch of points here either. I think he has reached Game Manager mode in his career and is more likely to make a dumb error than a great play. Should be rainy and windy and I can see a lackluster battle of turnovers and field goals.

Last 3 years Trends on UNDER: Cle 13-8 as a dog; 4-1 as Home dog; 3-0 off a road win.
              Last 3 years Trends on UNDER: Indy 19-11 on short rest; 11-6 after a road game; 9-3 vs team with winning record

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (1-3-0 YTD)

Eagles vs Steelers under 44 -110(William Hill)

The Pittsburgh defense is one of the best in the league this season leading the NFL in rushing defense allowing just 54 yards rushing per game, ranking second in total defense allowing 290 yards per game. The Steelers opponents have averaged 19.3 points per game this year which ranks the Steelers 4th in scoring defense.

Philadelphia has been solid on the defensive end as well, allowing 352.3 yards per game ranking 9th in total defense and averaging 26.8 points per game ranking Philadelphia 19th in scoring defense.

GL

Comment

POW 1-3
                  NYGiants +9 William Hill
                  NYG 11-3 last 14 as road dogs.In every game except SF and division games are usually close.Things are not right with Cowboys and coach is on hot seat already.I see NY winning outright and 40% of SurvivorPool players say goodbye.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm glad I didn't say goodbye! ;-)

POW. 3-1

washington football team. +7.5. circa

kyle Allen gets the start this week and he should bring a spark to this rather dreadful offense since week 1. Of the pathetic giants can almost beat the Rams last week then the skins with a fresh qb should hang with them . I see this game being a one score final....let’s ride with da football team in this one.

Comment

NFL POW 2-2)
                    Bengals +12.5 (William Hill)

Too many points here for a divisional rivalry. ATS trends highly favor the dog in this matchup. Ravens D is banged up, expect more of a shoot out than a beatdown, Burrow is already looking like a future All Pro. Return of Geno Atkins is timely given the Bengals D-line struggles against the run. I know Lamar Jackson is cleared to play, but I wonder if he might not be a bit limited / hesitant on a tweaked knee.

Comment

POW 2-2
                      Raiders +11.5 (william hill)
                      Taking 2 handfuls of points in a divisional game. That being said, KC could be looking past this one ahead to a possibility of a match against un-beaten Bills.
                      May even put a couple of dollars on a straight up LV win.

GLA and Stay Safe. (happy Thanksgiving Canada)

Comment

POW ( 1-3-0)
                        Pitt. -7 ( Bill Hill )

BigBen and the Pittsburg defense off a forced Bye week look to take out the ailing Eagles 🦅 and Carson Wentz . This team is banged up and has to travel .
                        I see Pittsburgh lighting up the score and salting this one away .Moving to 4-0 atop the Division.

Comment

POW 3-0

HOU -5.5 (william hill)

again I am fading the Jaguars. The best way to deal with a cancer is to remove it. That is exactly what the Texans did with Bill Obrien. Now the leaders of the team (JJ Watt and Deshaun Watson) can get the ship right. The texans started with one of the hardest schedules and nothing gets you feeling better than a BIG win. Hou skill positions are superior to Jax. I can see this one easily getting out of hand by half time. I have HOU winning 34-13. Good Luck peeps.

Comment

Thankfully, nobody made a play on the NE/DEN game, as it has now been moved to next Sunday. TEN/BUF game still in question for Tuesday night.

Comment

NFL POW (1-2-1)

Rams/Wash Over 46 (Westgate)

Almost forgot to make a pick on vacation with the family and internet is sketchy in southern Utah mountains so will keep this short. Upgrade to Allen makes Washington more potent on offense, the Rams will score on a bad D, and the overall trend in scoring is up. So I will take the over. GLTA.

Comment

Working...
                              X