Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK 5 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

YAWN, AND MOVE ON...

No major wipe out in Week 4 as DAL and SF where the only teams with some interest in Adam's pool. Of course, I was on DAL in my Survivor Rollever pool. It's the way I roll this year. This week looks like there are many choices so get your darts out and throw one, you'll likely be on a winner!

Not much participation on this thread so I'm not going to knock myself out with it but I'll keep putting it up.

ADAM 2 pool starts this week. IF anyone hasn't been in his pool and wants to enter, private message me and I'll give you sign up info. It's a lot smaller than his main Week 1 pool, but cheese is cheese!

Worth a gander...

[email protected]Not an offensive circus vs. NE, but KC is rolling along and face LAS in a division tilt. I'd go KC, but division games can be a little more interesting and can make the point spread look like a slaughter is going to occur.

[email protected]Lambs didn't blow out NYG like the odds-makers predicted, but a win is a win. Heading east for an early start. I like LAR, but WASH still seems to fighting and Rivera has them motivated. Probably closer than the spread.

[email protected]CINN is popping champagne with their huge win over JAX and the mighty Minshews. Reality will set back in a hurry on the road at BALT. Too much defense for CINN to overcome IMHO.

[email protected]The battle of the bad happens in DAL this week where the NFC Least might have a division winner with 4-wins! LOL! I guess DAL is less sucky and NYG is on the road again after a long LA trip.

[email protected]MINN woke up and helped get a coach fired with BILLY O getting shown the door for HOU. SEA coming off another good offensive performance that should keep rolling vs MINN. SEA D showed some signs of life, but still not good against the pass at all. Whole different situation with no fans in the Seachicken coop, but I'll go SEA in another 'Let Russell Cook' session.

[email protected]NO looked better, but they were playing DET. LAC hung in with TB and if they weren't on their 2nd long trip in-a-row, I might think they have a shot. I won't count them out as they are one of my jinx teams and anything I have to say about them will be the opposite of what happens!

[email protected]PITT coming of an unplanned bye, and PHILLY coming off their first win of the year against a wounded SF crew on the road. PITT D is gonna be tougher than SF injury riddled one.

[email protected]ARI came up with a clunker vs. CAR on the road and this is another early start. Not sure if they stayed on the east coast. I'd give them the nod if they did.

[email protected]NE without CAM makes this a stay away even though I think they can win with Hoyer, but would rather have CAM in there if I'm going to take them as a pick.

Throw your ideas out there and post any reasons you like and don't a team.

Put a pick in the system!

Good luck boys...I'm back! Hopefully for more than a week!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-06-2020, 11:25 AM.

My initial thought is Baltimore as about half of Adams pool has used them already. However, I think this is a great spot for dallas so will give them a strong look and maybe save Baltimore.

I was all over philly last night on spread and moneyline, but think Pitt will put it to them so they’re in play too.

Feel like minny is better than any 1-3 team so stay away for me. And think NO is iffy unless Thomas is back so wait and see.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      I like PITT some too. Coming off the Covid bye...

I don't trust DAL right now, but that's why they'll probably win by 20!

Still alive and looks like Dallas will be most bet.Week 5 has been a wipe out week the last few years and hope history repeats.Looking at Arizona,
    Seattle or Pitt for 1 pick and probably Baltimore.More Thursday.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with you on BALT and PITT as of now Volo. I'm gonna go on the bigger favorites a little more in Adam 2.

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm somewhat leary of SEA Volo...I felt that way about the MIA game, so who the hell knows! MINN WR's are good and the SEA pass D sucks! SEA O has been on a tear and will need to score in the 30's again. If you feel them, then pick them!

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Volo...The more I read about MINN D, the more I think SEA can win.

Not sure how the hurricane might affect the NO game...Not that it will be cancelled, but just how it disrupts the players this week and takes their focus off the game.

Comment

Survivorgrid.com Summary...

DAL is the darling of the week but it's pretty spread out this week it looks like with no giant favorite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gridw5.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	16172

Comment

Very tricky year with C19,Hurricanes etc.In Adam 1 going with Baltimore and Pittsburgh.Took only one in Adam2,Baltimore.With my one in big pool will wait a day or so.GL

Comment

Going with AZ in Adam 1 shared entry-- jets QB out- that can't help--
          In 2 going Balt also-- what the heck try and move on--
          BTW Gmen cover Rick--good old giants lol

Comment

Whoops-- not so fast-- just saw where Jackson may have leg injury so off Balt- going with Pitt--

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              Hadn't seen Jackson news yet. I'll have to read up. Thanks for the post!

Gmen might cover as those games seem like they are always close. IF DAL can not turn the ball over 10-times a game, they might win by 20 though!

Of the 3 teams I was pondering, I eliminated Dallas based on projected pick %. So I'm down to choosing between Balt and Pitt. Also, it looks like Lamar's injury is not considered anything serious, but we should know more before picks lock.

Comment

How is everyone else's Survivor pools handling possible forfeitures...from what I'm hearing Circa will honor win on the winning team if by forfeit (obvious example is this week if Titans are forced to forfeit by the league and Bills win by forfeit...still speculation at this point, but certainly possible)...would be "Free Bingo Square" for those who haven't used Bills yet...those who already used Bills would have to advance the old-fashioned way. Just wondering if that's how other Survivor pools are handling it or if they're not allowing BUF-TEN game to be used if that were the case.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                In the big million dollar pool, the deadlines are before Sunday kickoff of first game so won't be an issue there.

In the smaller pool many of us are in, if a game can't be played on the scheduled date but gets played at some point like an added Week 18, then you roll with that pick then, but aren't knocked out if the game isn't played when it was supposed to be. He has a Thursday pick deadline, and a few people 'might' get nailed on that. It seems like you should able to see a cancelled game coming so you can shy away from teams involved.

Forfeits are something he didn't address, but I think you'll see during the week if that might happen and just not go on teams involved with the game(s). I just sent the pool manager an email to get clarification.

Lamar missed second straight practice today with no new update. RGIII is a serviceable backup, but still pondering switch over to PITT.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm going to stay away. I'm only in Adam #2 so have all the teams to pick from.

• Bucky
                Bucky commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I had a wake to attend after work last night and never got back to pondering the change any more lol. So I'm riding with Ravens.

Wondering about a couple of teams that haven't been mentioned in the thread so far:

Houston Texans - with the firing of Coach/GM O'brien, might the players circle the wagons a bit? Certainly taking a step down in class this week relative to their 1st 4 games. Isn't Deshaun Watson better than 0-5?

49ers - Getting healthy, coming off of a loss, chasing seabirds and lambs. Can they possibly be looking at a record of 2-3 after the sunday games?

Atlanta - 6-0 straight up v carolina last 3 seasons. I also am not a big fan of the dreaded "public" underdog.

Just thinking out loud, 49ers are my selection at present. Good luck in all your pools.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                I actually had HOU as my first pick in the system and haven't thrown them out completely but need to get more info. Moving this week so haven't had full attention on my football reading. That might serve me well to have LESS info! ;-)

ATL burned me vs CHI and I think CAR is a pretty good team with Bridgewater doing a good job at QB. If Jimmy G is gonna start, I'd give them some consideration but haven't had an ear to the ground to know what his status is. I've got until Saturday night to get caught up and figure out my two plays in the game of chance known as Survivor!
                Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-08-2020, 10:45 PM.

ADAM #1 POOL SUMMARY...

DAL at the head of the class as expected. The guy with 20-picks is on KC with 15 and DAL with 5...Hard to argue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	adam1w5.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	16248

Comment

Now Jets player sick gonna get retested-- Ugh!!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JETS forfeiting will be much less embarrassing for them!

Just gotta steer clear of teams that have any Covid issues whatsoever. Sucks with a Thursday deadline in Adams pool. Do you still have a shared pick in Adam 1? Who you on? I won't ask you what you're on! LOL!

Taking SF in Adam2 and also in big pool.Have Ravens and Pitt in Adam1.Need 3 for the money.

Comment

Working...
              X