• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpfitz7
    replied
    2020 NFL P.O.W. (3-1-1)
    DALLAS COWBOYS PICK (Circa)

Though I missed the better numbers, I still think Dallas is the right side here. The line reflects an overreaction to Dak’s injury. Zeke is still there, and Andy Dalton is a competent quarterback. I think they’ll make enough plays for the Cowboys to get the win. As Bucky pointed out above, the Cards have done a lot of traveling. This is their third straight road game. It’s the third straight home game for Dallas, another factor that puts me on that side.

Leave a comment:

• HeyRube!
    replied
    NFL POW (2-3)
    KC -5.5

The Monday morning edition of p.O.W. as in OUCH. I really wanted to take CLE yesterday but my gut said, "pump the breaks Mr. Rube" and Im pretty thrilled I faded Sunday. Im going to take the defending champs to cover through a process of elimination. No BillsMafia to aid the BillsD. Dallas cant stop anything and AZ is CrAZy. Call me square but I look to get to .500 and a tad of respectability. Ill be having ketchup with my steak this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Bucky
    replied
    NFL POW (4-1)
    Dallas -1 (Westgate, everywhere)

At first glance, one would see that the line opened at Dallas -3 and has been bought down to -1, but that doesn't tell the whole story. Once Dak went down, it actually flipped to AZ -2.5. Dallas has enough weapons to generate plenty of offense with a backup QB that many teams would be happy to have in Dalton. We generally see a team come together after a big injury to a star, even if it only lasts a week, which is all I need. I expect to see them get the ball out early to the speedy receivers, and a whole lot of Zeke. Cards have put on a lot of miles the last few weeks and it will show against a pumped up Cowboys squad. Cowboys by 10.

Leave a comment:

• Bucky
    commented on 's reply
    Same here Rick lol

• Durbify
    replied
    3-2YTD

Arizona +1 Westgate

Murray Murray. Home sweet home. Allen High Schools pride and joy returns to the stadium he’s never lost in. Winning 3 state championships and going 43-0 in the state of Texas as a high schooler. Dallas defense couldn’t stop a cold the last 5 weeks. Hopkins and kid Murray show out on Monday night football. Dallas 0-5Ats concerns me(they are due) but I think Arizona can score more than Dallas.
    31-28 Cards

Leave a comment:

• FreeJack
    commented on 's reply
    well that was an awful performance...back to the drawing board. This past weekend is going to shake things up a bit.

• Seahawk Rick
    commented on 's reply
    See ya in the NFC Championship!! ;-)

• mcgrath
    commented on 's reply
    I think Chamoinla might have also won it in 2016-17 or thereabouts because I remember sending him steak knives which I donated to that year’s Champ. He’s still around so maybe he can clarify.

I (mcgrath) won the playoff around then as well, maybe 2015-16, as I remember getting a NFL. Gift card for $100. Also, I recall TonyLove having several very good years in a row, although I don’t know if he ever won.

• J.herb
    replied
    POW 1-3-1
    BILLS + 5 (MGM)

Both teams coming off loses. Both teams should be playing with something to prove,i will side with the home team to keep this game close if not an outright win,taking the points.

Leave a comment:

• phatman15
    replied
    NFL POW (2-3)

GB Packers -2 (William Hill)

Packers are simply a better all-around team. The line has already moved 5 points since it opened, and I think it could get near -3 before kick off. Not sure the Bucs have enough on the defensive side to keep this within a field goal. Packers seem to be chugging right along, and I think they are at least 4 points better than T-Bay, even though their old bugaboo was winning on the road.

Good luck to all..

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    replied
    I will very happily take the "L" in this contest in order for my Birds to get their first win of the year....

Leave a comment:

• Xavier Rob
    replied
    NFL P.O.W. (1-4-0)

Miami - 8.5 (BetMGM)

It's a lot of points, but the Jets haven't been within in 9 of any team this year. They're a team in disarray and even though Miami can be inconsistent I can't see the Jets doing anything to keep it close.

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    replied
    With the 1pm games underway, just wanted to wish everyone good luck today.

Leave a comment:

• Mattysharp
    replied
    2020 NFL P.O.W. (4-1)

Tennessee Titans -4 (Circa)

Albeit for a Covid Situation, the Titans have looked like a legit team, like the team we saw at the end of last season. I will simply take the better team here to win by a TD+ over a team that has an interim HC and rumored to be sellers at this years deadline. Henry 125yds and 2 TDs to lead them to a W today. TEN 34 HOU 24.

Leave a comment:

• IceTea 2
    replied
    NFL P.O.W. ( 4-0-1 ) 4.5 points

Detroit Lions -3 ( William Hill )

I could easily go with any of my other plays that are a much better team, but I've decided to take a chance here.

My angle here is Teams that are coming off of a bye. and historically the lions seem to do well when they have extra rest. ( 4-1 ats last 5 years )
    So far this season they played some good football even though their record doesn't show it. That's because they couldn't finish what they had started
    losing half time leads to the Saints and the Bears. But not this time, as they should handle the Jags by 6+

Leave a comment:

Working...
X