Breeders Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeders Cup

I haven't been able to browse in here lately but I was a little surprised to not see any kind of a Breeders cup thread, I have to admit due to all the issues we have right now I am not as excited as I normally am for this, Usually I go out of my way to make plans for this but it'll be low key this year, The Classic is the most intriguing race in my eyes this year, I think Maximum Security is being kind of dismissed after running 2nd in his prep race that I think he really needed, This guy tries so hard I'm hoping for a move forward at a bit of an inflated price. I am hoping someone can post a few juicy prices in some of the other races as I am not as thoroughly researched as I normally would be this year.

Great to see you back on here Ray. Hope all is well. I for one will be looking into the BC races in the next couple of days. Been gearing up for this weekend and the start of the B1G.

Comment

Thanks G good to see you as well, yes it’s great to have B1G back and even mountain west the more betting options on the board the better!

Comment

Is this actually 'Ol Ray?

Getting ready for Breeders' Cup, but like you said no discussion here yet. Most of my prep work isn't done until final PPs come out anyway as I want to know exactly who's in and out and, of course, post positions and how that'll impact the running of each race. Look forward to your thoughts (and Brian, too?).

Comment

Ok Glad there is a thread going. I qualified for 2 entries into the BCBC and like to hear whats happening amongst the group..........

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTuley View Post
            Is this actually 'Ol Ray?

Getting ready for Breeders' Cup, but like you said no discussion here yet. Most of my prep work isn't done until final PPs come out anyway as I want to know exactly who's in and out and, of course, post positions and how that'll impact the running of each race. Look forward to your thoughts (and Brian, too?).
            Yeah I wasn't really talking about handicapping the races, I was more surprised there wasn't chatter about races or horses people are excited about, as the racing product has continued to decline so has my interest & it seems like I am not the only one, I've gone from an everyday player year round to a lot more of a casual player, During the Summer meets I was playing 5 days a week with emphasis on Del Mar & Saratoga, even though both of those meets have also declined they are still good enough to dig in and play everyday, a lot of things I do with racing now are more out of tradition etc, This is the least I have looked forward to a Breeders Cup but I still am looking to make plans around both days. Brian is in the same boat as me, he has expressed frustration with the game from short fields to a lot of chalks winning etc, but another reason is over the past couple of years he has started a family and now has 2 beautiful baby girls under the age of 3 and has a very demanding job so he has dedicated a lot less time to horse racing as well, his focus has been on occasional contests and multi race bet carryovers. I will ask him to pop on if he likes anything but as I said he isnt following it near as much as he or I for that matter as I used to, I hope we can get this covid mess under control sooner than later so we can get back into the live contest scene again.

Comment

Originally posted by JIMMYJAM4508 View Post
              Ok Glad there is a thread going. I qualified for 2 entries into the BCBC and like to hear whats happening amongst the group..........
              congrats JimmyJam that's great work double qualifying into the BCBC, I have tried a few times to get qualified but havent had any luck, we made it to the NHC after finishing in the money at a live money Santa Anita contest but that is not the same. The live money contest are where its at. I hope next year to get more involved, Although I feel like I am up against it with all the sharps involved but over the course of a day or 2 a regular person can be successful if they are aggressive & get hot. Hope you dig out some nice prices that weekend..

Comment

past performaances
                Attached Files

Comment

• gcotton
                  gcotton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Jimmy for the PP's!

• JIMMYJAM4508
                  JIMMYJAM4508 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NO problem, I tried to send for saturdays but the file is too large......

Breeders Cup Post times, these are going to be a little rough out here on the west coast.

Friday 11/6 (all times Pacific Vegas time)
                R1) 8:30am
                R2) 9:05am
                R3) 9:40am
                R4) 10:15am
                R5) 10:50am
                R6) 11:30am (BC Juvy turf sprint)
                R7) 12:10pm (BC Juvy turf)
                R8) 12:50pm (BC Juvy Filly)
                R9) 1:30pm (BC Juvy fill turf)
                R10) 2:10pm (BC Juvy)

Saturday
                R1) 7:15am
                R2) 7:45am
                R3) 8:20am
                R4) 9:02am (BC F&M sprint)
                R5) 9:39am (BC turf sprint)
                R6) 10:18am (BC dirt mile)
                R7) 10:57am (BC F&M turf)
                R8) 11:36am (BC Sprint)
                R9) 12:15pm (BC mile)
                R10) 12:54pm (BC Distaff)
                R11) 1:33pm (BF Turf)
                R12) 2:13pm (BC Classic)

Comment

• gcotton
                  gcotton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really surprised the powers that be will still hold this event at a track without lights. I think they are missing out by not having the Classic run in prime time. That 5:15pm post in Lexington will be pushing it if there is any sort of delay during the day. Sunset on Saturday is 6:30pm...so I guess they have a little bit of time to play with, but not much.

Early forecast for next weekend is looking good. Friday is a high of 65, with a 30% chance of rain and partly sunny. Saturday is even better: High of 69 and mostly sunny.

Originally posted by JIMMYJAM4508 View Post
                past performaances
                thank you JimmyJam

Comment

Here is a link with some of the possibles past performances

https://www.horseracingnation.com/co...rformances_pps

Comment

I'm about halfway through handicapping the 14 Breeders' Cup races on Friday and Saturday...anyone have any live longshots? I'll be posting all my plays at VSiN.com/horses before Friday morning (hopefully Thursday night, but definitely overnight at the latest so East Coasters will see them first thing in the morning).

Comment

Happy Breeder's Cup Don't know how live they are, but will be using these on Friday:
                      6th - #13 Second Of July (8-1)
                      7th - #7 Fire At Will (12-1)
                      8th - #4 Thoughtfully (20-1)
                      9th - #10 Royal Approval (10-1)
                      10th - I've played Reinvestment Risk every time over Jackie's Warrior. Not going to stop now. Going to throw in #9 Sittin On Go (12-1)

Comment

OK Cool- Look forward to your Picks Dave.......

I think Weswley Ward is loaded for some of these on friday and will look to catch some exotics underneath.

in the Juvenille, I will be taking a shot with #6 Keepmeinmind 30-1......Last year a 45-1 won adding blinkers in storm the court. Keepmeinmind is adding blinkers, gets a huge jockey switch to Jose Ortiz, will get a favorable pace set up, and even though he is a maiden, his sire his very hot and won the Jim Dandy as a maiden at 27-1 with jose ortiz. The owner trainer also have a second horse in this race and I believe that horse is a rabbit in here as well.......

Comment

Originally posted by Taketheredeye View Post
                          Happy Breeder's Cup Don't know how live they are, but will be using these on Friday:
                          6th - #13 Second Of July (8-1)
                          7th - #7 Fire At Will (12-1)
                          8th - #4 Thoughtfully (20-1)
                          9th - #10 Royal Approval (10-1)
                          10th - I've played Reinvestment Risk every time over Jackie's Warrior. Not going to stop now. Going to throw in #9 Sittin On Go (12-1)

I like several of these, including Second of July, Fire at Will and Reinvestment Risk GL!

Comment

Working...
                          X