No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 6 (Oct 11-15) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 6 (Oct 11-15) Post Plays Here

This is the thread for the 2018 VFV NFL P.O.W. contest. The following are the rules for this year (the same as in the past):

1. All contestants must be a member in good standing with VFV
    2. Players make one (1) single play ATS each week during the NFL regular season
    3. A correct play results in one (1) point being awarded. A "push" or tie, results in a half point (1/2) being awarded
    4. An Incorrect play results in zero (0) points being awarded
    5. All lines MUST be taken from the following website each week: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
    6. All lines must be -120 or less (must be posted on above site...no buying 1/2 point)
    7. Only Vegas Sports Books listed on the VI website will be allowed
    8. The following Books will NOT be allowed: VI Consensus, BetOnline, PepperMill, Atlantis Reno
    9. The following selections are allowed: Full Game Side, Full Game Total, First Half Side, First Half Total (NO MONEYLINES ALLOWED)
    10. Plays MUST be submitted each week by kickoff of last scheduled game.
    11. Plays must be in the following format (or close to it):

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Atlanta Falcons +3 (Golden Nugget)
    (This is where you will post your reasoning for this selection. It doesn't have to be a book or even a full paragraph, but more than just "I think the Falcons are better.")

12. Myself, Seahawk Rick (the artist formerly known as Cybergolf) or any other I deem so, will have final ruling on if a play is valid (ie: Wrong line, Wrong Book, Not enough reasoning given, etc)
    13. The first couple of weeks I will give the benefit of the doubt to any newcomers on here...veterans, you know the rules, LMEAO
    14. To qualify for the playoff round of this competition, players must have a total of 10 points by the end of the regular season (week 17)...important note: your points will be the number of Units you start with in the playoff portion of the contest that runs through the Super Bowl)
    15. Prizes to be determined by DaveTuley....we've had fellow posters offer up prizes in the past, so please let me know if anyone has anything to offer or ideas for yours truly (yes, this is an edit by DaveTuley I'd like to have a prize for the person earning the most points during the regular season...and then the overall champ after the Super Bowl (and perhaps a runner-up prize).
    16. NO EDITING!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and best of luck this season!

In Week 5 we went a combined 26-26-4 (.464) ATS

Thru 5 weeks, we are a combined 153-144-11 (.497) ATS

2 entries are now halfway to the Playoffs.
    Name Win Loss Tie Total
    MR.VOLO 5 0 0 5
    PHATMAN15 5 0 0 5
    DAVEY SHINES 4 0 1 4.5
    DUKOWSKI 4 1 0 4
    FLORABAMABOY 4 1 0 4
    J.HERB 3 0 2 4
    JDMOOSE1950 4 1 0 4
    JUSTJULIE123 4 1 0 4
    LEGZ_AKIMBO 4 1 0 4
    MCGRATH 4 1 0 4
    MTHELLER 4 1 0 4
    RACINGCAT 4 1 0 4
    FREEJACK 3 1 1 3.5
    2HOLLYWOOD 3 2 0 3
    AMAZINGMOM 3 2 0 3
    CAP32 3 1 0 3
    CHAMOINLA 3 2 0 3
    COACHV29 3 2 0 3
    DMAC 3 2 0 3
    EAST COAST 3 2 0 3
    ERMINE 3 2 0 3
    PETGAL2 3 1 0 3
    PITTSBURGH 3 2 0 3
    TAKETHEREDEYE 3 2 0 3
    TARB 3 2 0 3
    TONYLOVE 3 2 0 3
    AZTEC10 2 1 1 2.5
    JPFITZ7 2 2 1 2.5
    MR. PIXTER 2 2 1 2.5
    NINERUTEFAN 2 2 1 2.5
    RAY 2 1 1 2.5
    ASTEROID M 2 3 0 2
    BARNSTORM 2 2 0 2
    BARRYT 2 2 0 2
    BIGGATOR53 2 2 0 2
    BLUEANDGOLD65 2 3 0 2
    BRUINGUY 2 3 0 2
    BUCKEYEFAN80 2 3 0 2
    COMPASS ROSE 2 3 0 2
    GCOTTON 2 3 0 2
    JPDAWG 2 3 0 2
    NOTJDAIGLE 2 2 0 2
    SKULLF 2 3 0 2
    STR8OUTTADURANGO 2 3 0 2
    STRMCHSR1 2 3 0 2
    TBONE2630 2 3 0 2
    XAVIER ROB 2 3 0 2
    YISMAN 2 2 0 2
    CASEINPOINT 1 3 1 1.5
    EIEIO 1 3 1 1.5
    AARON24 1 4 0 1
    BUCKY 1 3 0 1
    DAVE TULEY 1 3 0 1
    DEANO 1 4 0 1
    DGOOSE111 1 2 0 1
    FEARLESS830 1 0 0 1
    GREAT SANTINI 1 2 0 1
    LIVEDOGGY 1 2 0 1
    MARCBRYANJACOB 1 4 0 1
    MR. OUTSIDEVEGAS 1 3 0 1
    ROCKMAN IN PA 1 4 0 1
    SEAHAWK RICK 1 4 0 1
    SENATOR L 1 3 0 1
    TEXAN 73 1 4 0 1
    UMOP APISDN 1 1 0 1
    ANYBODYBUTTIGER 0 2 0 0
    PJFROMCHICAGO 0 2 0 0
    RAO80 0 2 0 0
    WJCJR 0 2 0 0
    Last edited by gcotton; 10-09-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

3-2

JETS -2.5 ..... Westgate

The Jets utterly destroyed Denver's good defense. The Jets should have no trouble scoring on Indy's sieve of a defense.

Comment

Will volo ever pick a loser?

Volo 5-0

jd moose 4-1

glta!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          He is part human, part machine....

NFL POW (4-1)
        Jets -2.5 Westgate.
        See a good line, jump it before its gone. This line will be 3.5 or 4 by kickoff, give me the better home team minus less than a kick.

Comment

4-1 (4-points)

Cincy -2 (Stations)

Home team and better team in a rivalry game. Cincy has played well all season and Pitt has been hit or miss. I will give away less than a field goal any day of the week and twice on Sundays when you are catching the better team at home.

Comment

POW 5-0
            Pitt. + 2 1/2 MGM
            Was going to wait on this but after reading above comment posted now so all VFV members can make their own pick.
            Cinny is 4-1 but after watching them beat Miami they do not look like a 4-1 team.They beat a very inept team and
            we all know they do not have the best of coaches.Now for Pitt.Big Ben is starting to play and this may be his last year.
            I think I read PITT is six out of seven in Cinny but that was history and somehow history has a way of repeating.
            Lets See how right JD is.
            Word of caution,watch some home dogs go down this week.GL and will take Pitt 23-21.

Comment

Nfl pow 4-1

ny giants + 3 (william hill)

dinner bet with volo (most wins)in saratoga or in florida next year..that being said, value every week betting against super bowl over rated this year eagles

giants have lost both there h games..on nat tv..off can move the ball against banged up philly defense..on the flip side, carson wentz and sputtering eagle offense gets shut down by big blue d

glta!

Comment

Updated standings are now posted above

Comment

POW 5-0
                  Pitt/Cincy Under 53 (Everywhere,, let's use MGM)

I salute Mrvolo on his 5-0 start, and he tends to be a bit of a handicapping contrarian, which I like and personally subscribe to that theory. I will use the same game as Mrvolo, but will play the under. I like looking at historical data when handicapping, and when I looked at the history between these two teams, not only do you notice Pittsburgh's dominance, you also realize that only twice in 20 years has the total for the game exceeded 53. These two teams combined average is 58 points scored per game this season, and both Cincy and Pitt's defense has been vulnerable. Yet, the total opened at 54 1/2, and now it sits at 53. I realize every year has different players lining up, but gimme the under, and let's see if history repeats itself.

Comment

Thank you Mr. p15 and congratulations to you also.I like your thinking this week and will include the under in my POW parlay bet.As I posted history
                    has a way of repeating.
                    JD hope I can buy you dinner in Florida this winter.After my string of 66 years in Saratoga ended I guess that was it.Tell me your Fl.plans.

Comment

NFL POW (1-3-1)
                      Taking NE - 3.5 William Hill
                      KC has a poor defense and I expect Brady to pick them apart and don't feel KC can keep up with the NE offence. I believe KC went 5 and 0 last year and then struggled over the rest of the season and coming back to life down the stretch.
                      eieio

Comment

NFL POW 4-1-0 4 pts YTD

Titans +3 (MGM)

3rd wk on the road for the Ravens, Titans back home after a poor loss in Buffalo. In that game they lost the turnover battle and dropped a TD pass.

This line is a gift

something like Ravens 13 Titans 21

Comment

3-2
                          Bears -3 CG Tech
                          With all the talk about the Chiefs and Mahones going on in KC, there’s an overlooked QB up in Chitown called Trubisky whose been nothing but impressive so far. I don’t like the line movement in this game as the Bears opened at -1 and it quickly shot up to three. I also don’t like the Fins coming off a loss at home, but I feel like I’m on the the side of the better team.
                          Last edited by tonylove; 10-10-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Pow 1-3-1
                            Jags - 2 1/2 Southpoint
                            Second week in a row I’m fading the Boyz. Bortles and company simply has too many weapons for a depleted Cowboys offense that will be lucky to finish the season at .500. Jaaaags

Comment

Working...
                            X