X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week #8

POW 3-3-1 ( BACK ON LEVEL GROUND NOW )

MGM @ -3 1/2 PHILADELPHIA is the play

How many weeks do you need to watch Dallas before you write them off?
    Well my patience has run out.

Looks like I may get a break with the line here?
    Last edited by bimmercando; 10-28-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

NFL POW (3-3-1)

Philly -3.5 Treasure Island

Jumping onto this line as TI has kept it on the board for some reason while it has moved above a touchdown everywhere else but betMGM. I’ll take it. I don’t see how Dalton comes back from that brutal hit but even if he does I think Philly beats them by at least 7. Dallas looks like they have quit and the Eagles will want to help them towards the NFC east basement.

Comment

NFL POW (2-5-0)

THE PHILLY EAGLES OF FREEDOM -3.5 (Treasure Island)

I'm on a streak! FIVE in-a-row!!! Um, losses that is...The faders of me are RICH! Mr. Dalton seems to be leaning towards being benched this week and the rookie will get the start. Even if the Riflemen can play, I don't think they have the will to win a game. PHILLY gets some reinforcements with wide receiver Jalen Reagor, tight end Dallas Goedert, offensive tackle Jason Peters and defensive tackle Malik Jackson all returning to practice Wednesday. Last two games were losses but game efforts vs PITT and BALT. They are ready to fire, and fire they will on a DAKless Cowboys team that is lost...The much better coached team is going to win by 10+.

Comment

NFL POW (6-1-0 YTD)

49ers +3 over Seahawks (South Point)

I was very torn between this game and Ravens -3.5 over Steelers. As unstoppable as the Seahawks have seemed when the let Russ Cook...they win a lot of one score games. At some point, it makes sense to just grab the points on the other side. I hate that I got a bad number here, but I still like it. In fact, I like the 49ers to win straight up as I think Kyle Shanahan against any defense with a very obvious weakness. The Seahawks are coming off multiple highly emotional prime time games. I'd be happier here if the Seahawks were coming off a win and the 49ers hadn't just blown out the Patriots...but I'll still take it.

Comment

POW: 2-4-1
            Carolina -2 (MGM)
            The return of McCaffery combined with nationwide TNF audience will propel Panthers to easy home win over nosediving Falcons. I feel for moneybags Atlanta owner, fan-friendly Arthur Blank who deserves a better return on his investment.

Comment

• gcotton
              gcotton commented
              Editing a comment
              Just heard that McCaffery is going to sit out again tonight and come back next week.

POW 3-4

Denver+3 (Westgate)

Going to take the home dog in this division game. Pretty much everything that could go wrong for Denver last week did. Pick 6, KO return, etc... I look for them to bounce back in what I feel is an evenly matched game. I will grab the Fg with the home team, as I think Lock will play much better and Denver D will cause some problems for the Rookie QB. Speaking of Herbert, I saw he had to evacuate from his house because of the fire. That distraction might take away some focus for a Rookie going on the road in a division game.

Comment

NFL POW (3-4-0)

Rams -3.5 (everywhere)

Another week, another NFC West team flies 3K across the country and proceeds to beat up the locals. We've seen 10 such trips this year, resulting in 8 wins, an offensive scoring average of 32.1 and an average margin of victory of 13.8 pts. I know its a tough spot for these Rams playing their 4th East Coast roady and off a short week, but McVay now 18-11 ATS on the road so he seems to know how to solve the road woes. Not sure if everyone on Dolphins roster is so pleased with the likeable Harvard vet being tossed under the bus when playing his best football. Tua will have a solid Ram defense to figure out and I'm sure Mr. Donald will introduce himself a few times. If Tua is lights out/first out, I'll tip my hat to him & take the L (but still be smiling, knowing the evil Ducks were his dream school and they F'd up and never offered him. Heh heh heh. Go Dawgs)

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                You can't root for LAR JP!!! Pete won't be happy with You! ;-)

• JPdawg
                JPdawg commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually Rick, like all aspects of the game (except the pass rush), Pete was on top of it. He astutely noticed that I was on a 4 game slide in this contest. What better way to slow down the momentum of Wondercoach than to have the POW Cooler pick the Rams. Gotta love Pete. Covers every angle (except the pass rush).

NFL P.O.W. ( 2-4-1)

Fish +3.5 (Everywhere)

After garnering a 1/2 point for a push last week, we are moving in the right direction!!!!

Off a bye with two weeks to get ready, a solid D and against what I believe to be an over-rated Rams squad traveling cross country, short week, and playing on grass in the south Florida heat. Who have the Rams beaten anyway? Teams with terribly inefficient offenses - NFC East and the Bears? Bet we see the Jared Goff face in this game as Miami blitzes a lot, and that's what it takes to rattle him and get him to throw off his back foot. Tua T. gets Miami excited and the Fish get a full team effort to get him his first win. Fish outright! Roll Tide!
              Last edited by florabamaboy; 10-30-2020, 07:35 AM.

Comment

POW 3-4

CLE -2.5 (Golden Nugget)

Weather has got me off the GB/MIN over. Too windy.

LV traveling East for the early Sunday start. They are coming off a bye but I believe the Browns are the somewhat better team, even without Old Dirty Beckham.

Comment

4-3 YTD
                  dallas +9.5 westgate

Dallas has been absolutely atrocious all year. Defensive baddd, offensive baddddd, coaching horrible, Funny thing is as atrocious as they have been the rest of the NFC East is just as bad. Guess who will be first place in their division with a win this weekend? Cowboys...😂. DiNucci making his first start Sunday night. Rookies making their first start on prime time have done well this year. Division game, these teams know each other and will play a tighter game then line represents. Zeke will eat the clock and DiNucci will make a few throws to give Dallas a chance at victory. Dallas finally covers and wouldn’t be surprised to see them win outright..

Comment

NFL POW (5-2-0)
                    Buffalo Bills -3.5 (Stations)
                    After the abysmal performances the past three weeks, I have lowered my number on the Pat's significantly. I think at this point they are less interested in this year, than looking ahead and what moves are needed to rebuild for the future. But I think the Patriot name is still giving them more respect at the betting windows than what is deserved given a roster that is bereft of talent. And, now this week they will be without two of their best players Edelman and Gilmore. Conversely, I think the Bills are pointing to this game to show they are now the best team in the AFC East. I think the Bills win this one by double digits.

Comment

POW 4-3
                      Baltimore -4 @ South Point This is a spot that the Ravens need to win so that they don't get two games behind in the loss column. This is Pitts 2nd of 3 strait road games and lately these matchups have been more one sided than most people think. This will be Pitts first loss of the year. The rested Ravens get it done Sunday

Comment

2-5

LA Rams -3 1/2 (All)

Tua really didn't play many tough games with Alabama. He also never has experienced pressure in the pocket. Just a tough way to
                        start your NFL career. Also some teammates not exactly thrilled of way Fitz was treated. Rams in easy cover.

Comment

Hey guys--

I am 4-3, not 4-1. Going into last week I was 4-2 and lost.

Thanks.

Comment

• gcotton
                            gcotton commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the heads-up....I usually do the grading in the morning at work and most times I need more coffee, lol. I have it fixed on the master copy and will be reflected in the next weeks standings.

4-3

BEARS/SAINTS OVER 42.5 (WESTGATE)

One day this bears offense will click and this may be the week. I can see chicago getting their normal defensive TD and scoring at least 17 vs the Saints. As long as the Saints do their part, I am seeing a 24-21 type of game. 65% ON THE Under at this time too.

Comment

Working...
                          X