WEEK 8 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK 8 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

THE PINS ON THE GRENADES WERE PULLED, BUT NONE WENT OFF...

BUFF, CLEV, SD and NO all were big question marks going into the 4th quarter and CLEV/NO were down to the the last minute, but they all came through for a super-chalky weekend.

This week, KC is a 19-point favorite and will grab most everyone that hasn't used them yet. Can the JETS possibly upset them? Seems so hard to believe...But what if??? LOL!

WEEK 8 is here!

NYJ @ KC...So very hard to believe that NYJ could go on the road and get a win vs the video game team of KC. This isn't BUFF they're playing, this team actually has an offense that is in the Star Wars category. Hard not to have a pick on them, but they could hit 60% of the picks possibly...More? Survivorgrid.com doesn't come out until Tuesday.

MINN @ GB...GB shook off the TB loss, which isn't gonna look that bad as TB is rolling and AB is going to get into the mix soon. They rolled on HOU and should be able to roll at home vs their division rival MINN. They will try their best, but Cousins will need to get a Masters degree in QB before Sunday or it will be a long day.

TB @ NYG...TB on the road again for the 2nd week in-a-row, but I don't see how NYG is going to slow this battleship down...They are gaining power every week and even without AB in the lineup (Is he gonna play?) they have shown they can move the ball on just about anyone lately. The D is very good too. Yeah, it's a roadie but I like it.

TENN @ CINN...Man, CINN hangs around with every team they play it seems, and Burrow is doing all he can to help them. The D sucks, and TENN has a pretty good offense with Henry running like a mack truck. The TENN D isn't rock solid, so this might turn into a shootout. A FG away from going into OT with PITT looks good on the resume, but you can probably find some better options.

SF @ SEA...Not sure why SEA is favored, but I guess it's just HFA that they don't have with no fans. Their main back Carson might not play...They lost the ARI game in part because he went out early. He gets yards like Beastmode did. The D just sucks, but they might get Adams back as DB. SF is getting healthy. IF little Russy doesn't throw 3-picks, they have a shot...No touch for me.

I like TB and GB, but might throw KC in there with my two Adam 2 picks. We'll see. I like PHILLY too as they are getting healthier and DAL is going China Syndrome before our eyes.

Get some picks in your systems!!!

Throw out your ideas and any news you hear of that has a bearing on games, especially Covid news.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-26-2020, 10:47 PM.

I'll be using KC this week. If I lose on a 21 pt favourite, then so be it. No time to get cute. Sometimes you just gotta be Captain Obvious and move on. Anybody that saves them for later in the year is just plain nuts---IMHO. Take the money and run!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Nobody is gonna argue with that Davey...JETS have next to no offense and the D isn't going to hold up to KC's flying circus.

hey guys, I respect what your saying with KC this week...........Just thinking about Philly this week......They come into sunday nights games vs. Dallas for 1st place...theyryre off a mini bye and have theyre bye after this game. I think they are too well coached NOT to get the W here against a Dallas teams that is lost in space without DAK. They`ve scored 13 points in the 2 games since Daks injury, their offensive line stinks and theyre defense is historically bad......I think if Ben Danuuci starts I will take Philly......

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      I mentioned them up top...I want to see more about the Wed. injury report and see if a few guys are coming back. You are right about DAL though and they might have quit on McCarthy already...Who knows. Not a good situation and the starting QB makes a huge difference. Not sure I'll know that outcome in time for a Thursday deadline. They are on the radar.

I am looking at week 8 and 9 and taking KC next week at home to Carolina makes more sense because if I take them this week I am looking at not a easy pick.Rather take a shot with either GB or Eagles this week.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      CAR has a way better shot of giving KC a game then NYJ obviously, but if they fit on your map, roll with your gut! If you hear of news on PHILLY or DAL, post it up...I haven't had a chance to dive into the game too much yet.

Survivorgrid.com Summary...

Well, I thought KC would be close to 50% but these numbers are for pools that started Week 1 and many have taken KC I'm guessing, but TB is turning into a good go-to the way they're playing now. PHILLY getting some love, along with TENN and GB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gridw8.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	16949

Comment

First time posting on this thread this year but have been reading each week and appreciating the thoughts from everyone. Two picks left in Adam 1 and leaning to GB and Tennessee. The wife and MIL are leaning Philly so the Tennessee pick might flip last minute.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome Deano! Nice job with two picks left in Adam1! Keep it going!

I'm still bouncing around a little but PHILLY is on the radar. I have KC and TB to use too. CINN just gave us one of their pass-rushers Carlos Dunlap, so that slows CINN D down some. CINN is fiesty, but TENN is a rock solid team.

Keep posting and giving your thoughts!

Going with Eagles this week.GL

Comment

thought this would be an easy KC pick for me but then if Dalton misses for Dallas, Philly is a definite possibility

Comment

survivorgrid has Philly with an EV of .98, which I don't understand. They're saying less than 10% of users are picking them, and they have no future value. Should be +EV.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure of their calculations. I can see why they are only 10% as people only see the team with all the losses and not the team thats getting healthy and had two good performances aganst much tougher defense's than DAL's. KC and TB grab the headlines.

I'm going PHILLY and TB right now but still could move KC into th TB slot.

Reasons not to be in TB? 2nd roadie in a row but seem healthy.

Comment

ADAM 1 & 2 SUMMARY...

KC at the top along with TB in the 2nd slot as expected. ADAM 2 has more people that can pick KC and it shows with the 45%. People on the CAR and ATL...2nd Qtr as I post this.
            O
            ADAM 1 ADAM 2
            Click image for larger version  Name:	adam1 8.JPG Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	16998 Click image for larger version  Name:	adam2 8.JPG Views:	0 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	16999

Comment

LIZ HURLEY FANTASY PICK...

Four in-a-row, and Lizzy is extra happy with me this week for my fine efforts! She's so happy she gave me a foot rub!! Well...She actually kicked me in the nuts when I ran up to her on the street when she was leaving a store...BUT, she used her foot!

PHILLY...They are getting lots of healthy bodies back for this division tilt vs a Rifle-less DAL team with their new leader DiNucci taking over the QB spot...Hope he likes a good blitz package for his welcome to the NFL gift!

W1: BUFF (W)
              W2: ARI (W)
              W3: ATL (L)
              W4: LAR (W)
              W5: DAL (W)
              W6: MIA (W)

W7: BUFF (W)
              W8: PHIL

Click image for larger version

Name:	lizw8.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	17002

Comment

• yisman
                yisman commented
                Editing a comment
                I just read up on her. She's been in a bunch of relationships.

Her ex Steve Bing committed suicide this summer. He had inherited $600 million in the '80s but blew it all in Hollywood.

I want to be her next ex-boyfriend!

Comment

Week 8 Pick Breakdown

TB, 12
                KC, 11
                PHI, 10
                GB, 4
                TEN, 4
                BUF, 1
                LAC, 1

Brady would approve

Comment