NCAAF week 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAAF week 7

Wow, the opening lines this week are really tough. I can't find even one bet that I want to jump on. That is not exactly true, I tried to bet Buffalo -11, but the line moved to -11.5 before I could get the play in. Last week I went 18 - 11 for +5.94 units. I will most likely find less than half of that number of plays when all is said and done this week.

Nice week last week TARB. The system I use went 5-4-1...you can make the argument that it went 5-5 but I got Wisconsin at -17 instead of the -20 when I posted and it pushed at 17. I will post the plays from the system later this week. I took the Pitt over and nailed it. I stayed away from the Clemson game and I am glad I did because I liked Wake and Clemson did what I thought they would and woke up and finally dominated a game.

Comment

• TARB
      TARB commented
      Editing a comment
      I wound up taking NEBRASKA +19 and got the back door cover. I pretty much thought that I got lucky in that game.

• Pittsburgh
      Pittsburgh commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey a wins a win no matter how you get it. How many times have you lost on back door covers?

113 Air Force +10
    126 Illinois +10.5
    Last edited by TARB; 10-08-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

121 Texas A&M -2
      176 Iowa State +6.5

Comment

160 Oregon +3.5

Comment

College: 6-2-1

I'm glad you started this thread this week, TARB. I look at posted lines <7. I then look for a dog who I think can win outright. I can't find one game I like at this time. Maybe I will come up with an NFL or CFL bet, but I doubt it.

Comment

• ThisDogHunts
            ThisDogHunts commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I'm going to pass on the colleges this week. Instead, I think I will gamble a little with a horrible team in the CFL where I am 4-0. TOR is starting Franklin on Friday and I think it is just too many points. It is now +7.5 and climbing as TOR is eliminated from post season play and HAM is in. With the NFL, where I am a meager 4-3-1, I'll go with Cle +1. I'm listing these plays just for the record.

161 Ohio +4.5

Comment

131 Rutgers +24.5

Comment

179 Nebraska +6
              182 Indiana +4.5
              189 Missouri +28

Comment

189 Missouri +29

So, now I have 2-units on Missouri. Missouri should be able to move the ball through the air. Alabama is thin in the secondary.

Comment

TARB you're not gonna be on Ark st +9.5 when you made line 5.5 ?

Comment

• TARB
                    TARB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Waiting to see if line hits +10.

System record on 3, 4 & 5 tier games is 41-35-1 this season. Week 7 picks:

Tier 5

NW -5.5, system has them at -18

Tier 4

Troy -9, system has them at -20
                  CMU -2, system has them at -11
                  Army -14.5, system has them at -26
                  Penn St -13.5, system has them at -24
                  Coastal Carolina -4.5, system has them at -10.5
                  Iowa St +6.5, system has them at -5

Tier 3

Auburn -16.5, system has them at -23
                  Miami Ohio -10.5, system has them at -17
                  Navy +5.5, system has them at -1
                  UTSA +13.5, system has LA Tech at -6
                  VT -5.5, system has them at -13
                  FIU -2, system has them at -9

Based on TARB's comment below I am not sure the Troy play is a valid play since I am almost certain the system doesn't take into account injuries and Troy's QB is out for the year.
                  Last edited by Pittsburgh; 10-09-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Troy QB is out for the year, now.

Comment

• Pittsburgh
                      Pittsburgh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      TARB good look on the QB situation. Again, I am almost positive that the system doesn't take into consideration injuries.

Originally posted by TARB View Post
                    176 Iowa State +6.5
                    The W. Virginia Mountaineers come rolling into Iowa St. unblemished at 5-0, and a #6 ranking. They have yet to be tested, but do have a gauntlet of games ahead. Remaining are games at Texas and Oklahoma St., as well as home dates with TCU and Oklahoma. All in consecutive weeks. This one may look like a tune-up, but Iowa St. is a lot better than their 2-3 record which includes losses to Iowa, Oklahoma, and TCU, and a big road win at Oklahoma St. Matt Campbell came over from Toledo where he was 35-15, and has built the Iowa St. program quickly. The Cyclones won 8 games a year ago for the first time since 2000, and beat Oklahoma on the road, TCU at home, and Memphis on their Bowl game. The Cyclones are 2-3 but have played a schedule that includes Iowa, TCU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St. They beat Oklahoma Sy. on the road. Iows St. has not lost to anyone the last 2 years by more than 10 points. They beat Oklahoma a year ago on the road, and TCU at home, a very dangerous and under the radar team. While the schedule thus far has been against very tough opponents, the Cyclones have held 3 opponents to season low yards, and the other 2 to season 2nd lowest yards. Last week, due to injuries freshman QB Brock Purdy was electric. He went 18-23 good for 4 TD`s and 318 yards at an amazing 13.8 yards an attempt. he also ran 19 times for 84 yards, on 19 carries and a TD. W. Virginia QB Will Grier is special, and will likely be playing on Sunday next year. W. Virginia however remains unchallenged, as they have played a much below average schedule. Iowa St. may be 2-3, but they are much better than the record, and with Purdy being named QB, the offense has been upgraded significantly. Make the play on Iowa St.

Comment

Working...
                    X