WEEK 6 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK 6 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

KICKERS…EFFFFING KICKERS…THE AGONY OF DA FEET…Some Stinky, some sweet!

Between OT games and kickers missing more kicks than I missed math classes in high school, there were many gut-wrenching moments for survivalists this past weekend. From the GB kicker missing everything he looked at, to Gano for CAR who knocked a 63-yarder through for a walk off win, kickers helped keep the pools from losing 40% or more of the players! The CLEV kicker wins it with a missile-shot that looked like one of my skulled 9-irons…Even BUFF got into the act and wins a game on a last-second FG to make TENN wonder what hit them.

CINN made a nice comeback and beat the fish helping them stay in the hunt for the division…Injury-plagued GB and the kicking woes cost them big at Lionville…KC and Mr. Mahomes made JAX look ordinary, and Bortles look horrible…NYJ took down DEN in easy fashion at home…PITT came back to life vs. an ATL team that is looking like their window is starting to close…LAC throttled OAK who looks worse every week, and now goes to London to play my Seachickens who didn’t win, BUT showed way more of an offense than anyone thought they had and took them to the wire…HOU wins with the help of Coach Garrett punting on the HOU side of the field in OT….NO at home with a big record on the line for Brees did what they seem to always do in special games in the dome. One hell of record for a short guy!

I somehow got through with my 4-picks in the beer-money pool I’m still in with CINN and NO winning without giving me a stroke, but after trying to find a 4th team to go with CAR and changing about 10-times, I ended up doing a major rule-breaker and went on CAR twice! I was kicking myself hard in the last few minutes along with many other survivor players were thinking they just got knocked out…BUT a kicker actually came through and won in spectacular fashion!

You probably only lost 10-15% of players in your pools since the bombs didn’t go off in CINN and CAR.

Onto Week 6!

TEAMS WORTH LOOKING AT…OR WATCH MATLOCK RERUNS…

ARI @ MINN…Well, we’ve seen this set-up before haven’t we…A bad team going to MINN not expected to win and double-digit underdogs. I think MINN is a play, but the PTSD will be kicking in from the time you pick MINN to the time they kickoff...And beyond.

SF @ GB…I guess check to see if GB gets some of their WR’s back and if the kicking God’s will let Crosby keep from having cheese-wheels hurled at him if he misses a few more kicks against the sucky 49ers. They played just well enough to beat DET on the road missed kicks aside, and should be more in a grove at home.

LAR @ DEN…Lambs showed they can be run on as SEA O-line knocked them off the ball…Yeah, the SEA O-line knocked a team off the ball…LOL! Not sure DEN has the horses to slow down the rapid fire LAR offense, and doesn’t have the offense to keep up with them on the scoreboard.

BUFF @ HOU…HOU is looking a little better each week, but can’t be considered a great team. BUFF isn’t a great team either but has beat a few teams they on paper shouldn’t have beat. I lean HOU here as I feel Watson is a major weapon that BUFF will have tough time containing when he starts to run.

DANGEROUS, BUT WORTH A LOOK GAMES…

REALLLY DANGEROUS....SEA @ OAK @ LONDON @ NIGHT, BUT IN THE MORNINGI'm sooo confused..A little biased, but IFFFF SEA keeps the running game going, they can take it to an OAK team that looks lost. Beastmode will want to take it to the old mates of his, but he might not be on the field that much if SEA can control the ball with their rushing attack. They fly over Wednesday night…Not sure about OAK. Always a crapshoot on the London games but I just might take the Seachickens.

LOOK ELSEWHERE UNLESS YOU HAVE A GUT FEEL…OR JUST LOVE JUGGLING CHAINSAWS.

PHIL @ NYG…Division game with PHIL not looking like SB champs, and NYG playing well enough to beat CAR, but get ‘kicked’ in the gut by Gano with the monster bomb.

LAC @ CLEVE…CLEVE is as crazy as some of the women I’ve been out with over the years (Shhhhh…Don’t tell Lizzy) They find a way to stay in, and even win games! I think LAC was the last win CLEV had before their losing streak started. They believe they can be a good team, and LAC will have their hands full in the dog pound IMHO. I'll bet on OT!

CHI @ MIA…CHI off the bye, and MIA off a game at CINN they were leading most of the way. MIA is still a question mark on how good they are, but at home they need to be given some respect.

CAR @ WASH…CAR gets away with win vs. NYG and maybe got scared straight as WASH just got smashed by NO on Drew’s special little night. I probably lean to CAR, but the bookie says it will be a close one.

INDY @ NYJ…Two teams that show flashes of brilliance, but are average at best right now. DEN thumped DEN and INDY coming off the mini-bye where they didn’t do horrible at NE, but Darnold will get a little better every week and gaining some confidence.

JAX @ DAL…KC made JAX look like a weak sister last week, and DAL played well enough to win, but didn’t vs. HOU…I think JAX can bounce back some off their loss, but I have no idea in this one.

BALT @ TENN…BALT gets taken down by the Brownies…TENN is taken down by BUFF…I feel BALT is the better team, but on the road again vs a lackluster TENN team. Maybe BALT is a dangerous but worth a look team, but there are better options that aren’t roadies.

TB @ ATL...Winston gets the start...Always a wild card when a new QB is in the mix. ATL is desperate for a win, and being at home should help. Hide the crab legs!

KC @ NE…Hard to bet against KC right now, but NE will have some extra time to get ready for them in Beantown. Just stay off it and enjoy what I hope to be an entertaining game. That kid can play!

Just some stuff to get the conversation going. If you know of key injuries, tell the rest of us, and give some reasons you do or don’t like some of the teams that seem playable on the surface.

Put a pick(s) into your pools as placeholders!

Week 6 already…Make it to Week 7!!!!!!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-09-2018, 07:31 PM.

Worth noting
    Weather forecast fo Denver is 25F and light snow! Quite a shock from the 80F LA weather
    Maybe the lambs won’t feel like playing outside!
    "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
    “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      They are a good team but anything can happen at altitude....And cold weather!

Did you do your ML thing last week? I need to pick games with better odds but got through two weeks so far...

Survivor Grid....Tuesday.

The big three, and then a big dropoff...None of them are close to locks in my book...Anyone think they are? I'm scared of all the top three! Along with almost all the other games too! LOL!

Sechickens getting some love, and make it to the 1% club!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	w6gridtues2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	35.1 KB ID:	1749
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-09-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Read today that Watson hurt his ribs. Will likely play but that makes me nervous a bit. I would like to avoid the fave pick in Minny and Houston has a weak future value so I’m leaning that way. GB also hosts AZ in a few weeks so that’s a good spot to save them if you want to play that game.

I am still alive in Adam1 and 2, TheSZN, and FanDuel so I will likely spread some love around.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job staying alive in all the pools Schierby!!!! Keep it going!!

I haven't gotten into a ton of injury stuff, but the Watson rib thing makes them a little less appealing, but viable. He took some shots in the DAL game, and his running makes a difference. SEA has managed to get their offense going without Wilson running, as many suspect he has a hamstring injury they aren't admitting to, but he runs down the field sometimes to help block of all things. He hasn't been doing read option where he keeps it, even when it would have worked if he kept the ball.

Watson can still be effective, just needs to stay in the pocket more.

I have SEA - ATL - HOU - LAR loaded in my pool website right now as placeholders....SEA for sure, and will read more on the others, and probably will switch off a few of them.
        Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-09-2018, 08:09 PM.

Leaning towards Minny or GB this week in Adam 1. Considering I used 8.5 lives on Carolina last week the Minnesota pick might be brave.... what are the odds they could blow two easy home games in one season, LMAO!!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        I know...Hopefully MINN learned their lesson from the BUFF game and can give it a go. They started 2-2 last year and ended up 13-3. Cousins helps them a lot, and will get the offense running better as he learns more of the playbook.

Volo...WASH is -1 over CAR...Another one of those antenna games IMHO.

Comment

Week 6 Weather Forecast as of Wednesday...

Click image for larger version

Name:	w6wx.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1781

Comment

I really don't like many of the games this week, and the ones I do, I'm scared to take!!!!!!!

BALT - SEA - ATL - MINN are my four in the chambers right now...That all might change 14-times between now and Sunday!
          Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-10-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Still alive after a scare by the LAR last week. Going with GB this week - unfortunately picks are due Thursday afternoon so not much time to monitor WR health. GLTA.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              The GB game must have taken a month off your life! lol! A W is a W!

Yes I took NO $127 to $175.

Really thinking NE(-172) this week.
            Concentrating on TV games so I can cheer/ have a heart attack

"A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
            “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              No rules at all!

Even tough I have two entries in the rollover edition, I will only play each entry once

• Barryt
              Barryt commented
              Editing a comment
              Miracle at Lambeau.
              Thank you very much MR Shanahan. 2nd and 3 at GRBY 47 with 1 1/2 min left and 2 running backs averaging 5.5 yds per play . And Gby has no time outs.
              His goal should be to get to field goal range ( inside the 35) with 5 secs left and kick the winning field goal. So what does the master guru do calls a pass play from his back up QB . It’s incomplete and stops the clock.
              Now he only needs 3 yards on 2 plays to get a new set of downs or 1 play to get to the 35 yline to get to fg range. So what’s he do , calls a 40yd pass play ( again from the BU QB) which gets intercepted .Rodgers does his thing and GRBY wins, thank you very much
              $212=$268

• Barryt
              Barryt commented
              Editing a comment
              PS and Shanahan blames the QB for the int.

Just to recap: Week 4 placed a $100 ML wager on KC (-190) @ DEN and that returned $155.56. In week 5 bet the $155.56 on PITT (-155) vs ATL and that yielded $255.92. In week 6 will roll the $255.92 onto NE (-180) vs KC which hopefully will come thru and produce a total of $398.10 to carry on to week 7. GL all.

Comment

Adam Pool Summaries Week 6...

The most amazing thing is that there are TWO MISSED DEADLINE people!!!! Wow...
            O
            One extremely smart person took SEA!!!!

ADAM 1 ADAM 2
            Click image for larger version  Name:	adam1w6.JPG Views:	1 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	1819 Click image for larger version  Name:	adam2w6.JPG Views:	1 Size:	17.1 KB ID:	1820
            Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-11-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Week 3 of my Survivor with a twist...

Last week CAR and NO came through with my take two teams and bet them on the ML individually, and rollover the winnings, and see how far it can go. Survivoresque, but can take the same team twice!

$100 Starting wager on each. Gonna try to take -200 or better teams when possible...

WEEK 1
              #1 NE -275 --- to win 36.36
              #2 DAL -140 --- to win 71.40

WEEK 2
              #1 CAR -290 --- $136 to win $46.90
              #2 NO -280 --- $171 to win $61.07

WEEK 3
              #1 SEA -145 --- $183 to win $126
              #2 NYJ -140 --- $232 to win $165

Comment

• Barryt
                Barryt commented
                Editing a comment
                I see: you have 2 separate “entries”..aggressive!

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                I've thrown so much away on the pools, I might as well pile on some more!
                Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-15-2018, 06:29 AM.

My friend in Adam 2 pool was the only one on Eagles last night.Saved me $ as I was betting Giants but did not want to root against him.
              Took Minny in tip money pool.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you take MINN vs BUFF VOLO?? ;-)

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                Now you tell me.

Great thread Cyber, went with Minn in Adam’s 2nd chance pool, agree with comment above, better off having Pack down the road. That is my nephew that took Seattle in Adam’s original pool. Leaning towards them in smaller pool, picks don’t have to be in until noon Sunday. Where is our weekly Elizabeth Hurley pic?

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck with MINNY...They are on my radar. I need to see GB look like what you think GB should look like before I jump on them...They could get back to form this week, but we'll see.
                Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-12-2018, 09:47 PM.
            Working...
            X