Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 NFL P.O.W. (6-5-0)

Dal -2.5 (South Point)

Dallas has played a far superior schedule than Washington, including the Rams, Seahawks and in the past two weeks the Steelers which they covered and the Vikings which they won and covered last week. These will be about 25,000 advantages in the stands for Dallas that most teams in the league this year have not enjoyed - home fans. That, combined with fact that the better team most often wins the Thanksgiving day matchups gives a nod to the Cowboys. A team who may have found it's identity in the past few weeks under new head coach Mike McCarthy. In the past few weeks, the rushing offense, rushing defense and turnover margin for Dallas has been in the top 10. Happy Thanksgiving to VFV members and their families, and good luck all!

Comment

NFL P.O.W * 4-7-0)
      sf plus 7 ( MGM)
      After beating Brady think the Rams will feel too good and SF can get the cover here--

Great Job Tarb

Comment

POW 6-5

Detroit +3(MGM)

As much a play against Houston laying points on the road, than it is a play for Detroit. Really think Detroit is the better overall team and will go with the Home team on a short week. Swift should be back and Patricia is coaching for his job. I will plug my nose and take the Lions here, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Comment

6-4

Sea -5 WH

Carson should be back and Russ is ready to cook. The eagles are literally falling apart physically and emotionally. Pederson is answering questions on whether or not he will bench Wentz for the season... Is Metcalf an alien? That guy is a beast and the more games him and Russ play together the tighter the connection. I look for Seattle to jump out early and maintain lead on a MNF game. The Seahawks seem to be playing better on the road these days. 28-20 Seattle. GL all.

Comment

NFL POW (4-7-0 YTD)

Dallas -3 (MGM)

Was hoping to get it at 2.5 but waited too long. Still think Dallas will win big. Most of the points as to why Dallas shoud cover have been made. Watched that horrid Washington-Cincinnati game last week and Washington could barely move the ball against one of the worst defenses in the league. Bengals shot themselves in the foot twice then being a typical Bengals team let their star QB get injured. Washington is not a good team. Dallas isn't any great shakes either but they're more than a field goal better.

Comment

2019 NFL P.O.W. (6-5-0)

Washington Redskins +3 (William Hill)

Quite honestly I wanted no part of this game until I saw the numbers at 81% of the money on Dallas. It's that whole 80/20 rule and blood bath thing. I believe the Redskins front 4 will cause problems all day long in both keeping Zeke contained while pressuring Dalton. I expect these to keep the Cowboys behind the chains all day and Dalton in 2 and 3 and 8+ is not ideal. The flip side is I think the Redskins can put 17 on the board so as much as I originally like Dallas -3 I can't ignore the fact I've seen this movie before.

Comment

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                So far we have 8 Dallas and you are only Washington.Seems everybody is on Dallas and line stuck at 3.I wish GL to all but gambling being such,Washington great contrarian side.

• 2hollywood2
                2hollywood2 commented
                Editing a comment
                In all honesty, after Houston won being such one-sided money and tickets I felt like there was no way the Cowoboys would also cover and crush the books on both heavy public sides. Now of course, anything can happen as they still have to play and the ball bounces funny ways but I just felt better that close to kickoff to come off Dallas and actually really be comfortable on Washington.

Yep.. way too many of us on this one.. this was bound to happen

Comment

• Deano
                Deano commented
                Editing a comment
                Same thing happened last week when we all (myself included) jumped on Miami. SMH.

• RacingCat
                RacingCat commented
                Editing a comment
                All but me, I had Denver.

• barnstorm
                barnstorm commented
                Editing a comment
                What amazes me when this phenomenon occurs is that not only does the dog cover, but they often win and sometimes dominate. You would think it would be the case where the favorite and public choice would win, but not cover, but so often it's like they sucker the public in and then the favorite takes a big dive! :-)

NFL POW (5-6-0)

Seahawks/Eagles UNDER 50 (South Point)

Jumping in early already in arrears 2 pts from the open, but think the move is right. 4 days out early forecast is for rainy and miserable with potential for 20 mph gusts. Seattle now back in full force in backfield and think they will be focused on re-establishing the running game, control clock, keep their (improving?) D off the filed and escape with a win to begin the brutal NFC Beast/Jets gauntlet they have upcoming. I see Philly trying hard on D, maybe one last time this season, since after playing in front of the Nation this Monday Night they get @ Green Bay, Saints, @ Arizona. They're giving up only 24 pts/gm at the Linc this year so might be able to moderately keep Russ from Cooking. And with Wentz against Seattle's Bend&Break D, who knows, but can't see him scoring more than 17-20.

Monday Night games in the Covid era have not proven to be the Shootouts that they were in the past with UN holding a commanding 9-5 lead this year. Seattle has gone UN in 9 of it's last 10 games vs NFC Beast. Eagles have gone UN in 4 of last 5 MNF gms, 16 of last 21 home gms, and 9 of last 10 November gms. The last 5 times these teams have met they have gone UN (with totals in the mid-40s).

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Good Luck to all.

Comment

NFL POW (8-3-0 YTD)

LA Chargers +5.5 (Will Hill)

I’ll take this many points with the Chargers against any team that doesn’t start Patrick Mahomes. This is way too many points to be laying against a team that can lose a close game to any team in the league. I will not be putting anything on the moneyline... But I love the chargers here to blow a lead late and come within 5.

Comment

2020 NFL P.O.W. (5-5-1)

Cleveland -6.5 (Circa Sports)

The Jags are starting Mike Glennon which doesn't give me a lot of confidence that they will get much done on offense. Also, I think having Nick Chubb back in the lineup will open up both the rush and the pass for the Browns who seem to be rounding into playoff form.

Comment

POW 3 - 8
                    Rams +7 (CIRCA)

The Niners won the first game in San Francisco, 24-16, but now there is no Jimmy G, and George Kittle. Samuel has a hammy, Aiyik is Covid restricted and practice was shut down. That leaves a huge problem for backup QB Mullens going against the No. 1 defense in the NFL in yards allowed per game, and are No. 2 in points allowed per game. Alsop Rams are 4 - 0 at home.

Comment

• barnstorm
                      barnstorm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very good reasoning and I agree, and yet the line has come down to only Rams -6.5! Is that Sharp money moving a line off of the 7? They must be betting on the letdown situation play?

6-5 POW

CHARGERS +4.5 BETMGM

Despite their
                    poor record, their largest margin of defeat this season
                    is eight points. They’ve had the Chiefs, Bucs, Saints
                    and Broncos down by large deficits and seemingly
                    beaten ... but didn’t win. They will not be outclassed
                    by any opponent, including the playoff-bound Bills,

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (6-5-0)

Chargers vs Bills
                      Over 52.5 (Bet MGM)

The total has gone OVER in 7 of LA Chargers' last 7 games. The total has gone OVER in 8 of Buffalo's last 10 games. The total has gone OVER in 4 of Buffalo's last 5 games at home. The Buffalo defense is allowing 373.7 yards per game and allowing 26.5 points per game, ranking 18th in total defense and 20th in scoring defense. Coming into this season, Buffalo was expected to be one of the best defenses in the NFL but has struggled to find their defensive identity to this point in the season. The Chargers have held offenses to 344 yards per game but have allowed 27.3 points per game.
                      GL

Comment

• barnstorm
                        barnstorm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, what's up with the Bills Defense. I still have the impression of them as being a smart, hard hitting bunch, but they are not getting it done this year.

4-7-0 YTD Play of the Week

Miami -6.5 Westgate
                      Miami is 3-1 ATS following a loss.
                      If Flaco was QB I would pass on game since I would be afraid of a back door cover .

Comment

3-8

Tenn-Indy Over 51.5 All

Cozy indoor dome, not much defense, up and down the field equals high scoring.

Comment

Working...
                        X