WEEK 12 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK 12 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

I'D RATHER GET COVID THAN GET KNOCKED OUT OF A SURVIVOR POOL...

Well...That was CRAPTASTIC! Condolences to the MINN pickers as that is as tough a way to lose a pick as there is...Behind, than ahead, then the last drive you can't stop. Me on the other hand goes on a team that can't get a winning TD from the 10-yard line to seal it...Oh yeah, I had PITT to use too. Compass told me it's some deep-seeded issue with PITT being my jinx team that won't let me take them even if they were playing a high school team. He might be right...My team of survivor psychologists will be working on it with me for the next 6-months.

Please tell me someone that comes to this award-winning thread had a team that won!!! I know a few had LAC.

Not much interest in football when you aren't in a pool, but I'll keep watching and keep posting as long as there are people with picks left.

SOME TEAMS TO CONSIDER...

CHI @ GB...It's a division game but GB showed grit in the INDY game and CHI hasn't shown they are ready to get to their level.

SF @ LAR...Another division game, but LAR is a Super Bowl contender IMHO. SF, not so much. Check injury reports for SF and LAR after the MNF game as they are playing as I write this.

SEA @ PHILLY...SEA coming off mini-bye and a nice win over ARI. The D is starting to find itself and they get a couple of starters back. The offense gets their #1 RB Chris Carson back too and adds to a potent offense. PHILLY hasn't shown much and if SEA D plays well again, they won't keep up on the scoreboard.

NO @ DEN...MIA was rolling and got stopped in DEN...NO a better team but the altitude does funny things to a team that hasn't played there since before the Internet. Clear and cold is the forecast.

LAC @ BUFF...The team I saw play my Seachickens is a rock solid team and will give LAC all they can handle and more. This isn't the JETS they are playing this week that took them to the wire.

CLEVE @ JAX...CLEV seems to have it going and JAX doesn't. Hard to see JAX getting the W here as the defense is pathetic.

NYG @ CINN...I like NYG and they've been fighting all season and getting a little better each week. Coming off the bye helps and no Burrow at QB for CINN. I think it's a legit pick if you want to save a better team for later.

Get your picks in the system as placeholders!!!!!

If you didn't see Yisman's post on the Week 11 thread, read this...
    https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...betting-public

As I told you I had Minny am out.A few weeks back I made a 25% deal with a friend and he is alive in 2 and will tell you his pk.Thank God I have no input.

Comment

Survived with the Bolts. Leaning Brownies this week and also taking a look at Dallas who I think is a team on the rise.
      Edit Nov. 27: Glad I didn't pull the trigger on Dallas. Going with the Giants since there is too much Covid in the Browns camp plus they are missing Garrett and two starting CBs.
      Last edited by DaveyShines; 11-27-2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I am down to 1 pick left, with a lot to consider this week. I have put Miami in as a spot saver, but could very well change it one or hundred times before the noon deadline on Sunday.

Options -

1. Save Miami this week and use them next week at home against Cincy. If you have Miami left, the only option I see using them is this week or next.
        2. Use Seattle this week, but that burns them for the rest of the year and in week 14, they get the Jets at home.
        3. Use the the NYG on the road at Cincy coming off of the bye and save all of the other options as really do not see a spot to use NYG again until week 17, which I believe I have covered by using INDY at home against Jax.

IF I go with Option 2, my map would look like the following:

12 - SEA over Philly on the road
        13 - MIA over Cincy at home
        14 - lots of decent options; CAR at home against DEN, SF at home against WASH, TEN at JAX, TB home against MINN
        15 - ARI over PHILLY at home
        16 - Houston over Cincy at home or LV home against MIA, TB at DET
        17 - Indy over JAX at home

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Aztec has a point with miami... I didn't get to see much of that game against Denver and not sure why they went sideways there but as we spoke about last week altitude plays games with teams that haven't been there since Eisenhower was president. They were playing solid ball leading into that game and maybe it was a wake-up call for them and being back at home in 2 weeks against Cincinnati wouldn't be a better spot to use them Aztec is a sea chicken fan like I and I think he would back up that Seattle at Philly would be a good play. They will be at as close to full strength as they can be and coming off the mini buy should give them all the energy needed to take down the eagles.

• mtheller
          mtheller commented
          Editing a comment
          I see your point and will keep pondering. I just like the way weeks 13-17 pan out by using Miami this week, again, I have to get to week 13 in order to use it. I can see switching to the following though, which is still a great lineup.

12 - SEA over Philly
          13 - Minn over Jax or LV over NYJ or MIA over Cincy
          14 - Tenn over JAX
          15 - ARI over Philly
          16 - TB over DET
          17 - INDY over JAX

• mtheller
          mtheller commented
          Editing a comment
          I am just glad that my deadline is by kickoff of a Thursday game if I am playing one, or noon on Sunday.

One pick left out of three and looking to Miami this week. I actually like them after they crapped the bed in Denver. Tua should be pissed and nothing cures a bed crapping performance like the Jets D, lol. Not much else to it at this point. I get superstitious looking ahead too far - I always feel I lose when I start thinking ahead; like the football gods telling me “nice try son, but you needed to survive this week first”. Tired of those reminders so really staying in the week and thinking Miami. Fingers crossed. Good luck to all who are left.

Comment

• Mrvolo
          Mrvolo commented
          Editing a comment
          My half pick is on Miami also in Adam 2

• mtheller
          mtheller commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually would like Miami better if they named Fitzmagic the starter this week. Last week, the Defense still held Denver to 20 points. I feel as if when Fitzy came in, he was trying to prove too much to get the starting position back. On the contrary, Tua now knows that he needs to perform or he is going to get pulled. Will he try too hard this week and create some mistakes?

For those still in Adam pools, remember that your deadline is TONIGHT!!!

Comment

For those in Circa Survivor, which drew 1,390 entries at $1,000 apiece for $1.39 million prize (plus $1 million bonus to be split by anyone going 18-0), their added wrinkle (and that "18th week") is that Thanksgiving Day counts as it's own week. So, entrants had to plan all year to not use up all 6 of the teams scheduled for Turkey Day...and then this morning it was announced that Ravens-Steelers was being moved to Sunday and now survivors have to choose between Houston, Detroit, Washington and Dallas. Assuming most weren't going to use Steelers or Ravens anyway (and only 20% of pool haven't used Steelers yet, so again most were going to pass on that game) but only the 2 games left.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            The wonders of Covid strike again!! DAL and HOU would be my picks if I was in the contest with those teams left. I guess I'll assume that everybody has one of the two favorites left... just have to pick among them and Hope for the best.

ADAM POOL SUMMARY...

The NY FOOTBALL GIANTS are getting plenty of love! Compass must be so proud!! Too bad he's on the pile of Survivor losers with me! I'm sure all you Week 1 players had NYG on your map for Week 12! LOL!

MISSED DEADLINE rears it's ugly head again...The early deadline got one. Ugh.
          o
          ADAM 1 ADAM 2
          Click image for larger version

Name:	adam1w11.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	17966 Click image for larger version

Name:	adam2w11.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	17967

Comment

Two in Circa Survivor missed the Wednesday night deadline and one picked PITT so that's three entries eliminated this week right off the bat (like on Sunday).

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, the turkey is gonna taste like crap today knowing you blew a shot at some big dough. A lot of day drinking for them. Ouch.

Was reading Vsin Tweet and lt said rules in Circa state game must be completed by 2 AM tomorrow.Pitt player must be going nuts as play was definitely by somebody looking for a edge not there.Like this contest and for 1000$ worth entering next year.If you go 17-0 let’s win some real $.
            Will look into options for next year and open to LV residents to partner with or be my out for a % of ticket.
            Another story about next year.My father,God rest him,always bet the last race before we left before it started at trotters at night to beat traffic.
            The reason,It gave him something to look forward to the next day,the results.That’s why I plan on entering in 2021.

Comment

Speaking of Circa, I understand they want as few winners as possible, but I strongly disagree with making Thanksgiving its own week.

More logical to require 2 picks in a week than make Thanksgiving count as a week.

Comment

• yisman
                yisman commented
                Editing a comment
                or have it be a single pick all 17 weeks and then if you have multiple remaining, have it continue into the playoffs. One pick a week.

Originally posted by Mrvolo View Post
              Was reading Vsin Tweet and lt said rules in Circa state game must be completed by 2 AM tomorrow.Pitt player must be going nuts as play was definitely by somebody looking for a edge not there.Like this contest and for 1000$ worth entering next year.If you go 17-0 let’s win some real $.
              Will look into options for next year and open to LV residents to partner with or be my out for a % of ticket.
              Another story about next year.My father,God rest him,always bet the last race before we left before it started at trotters at night to beat traffic.
              The reason,It gave him something to look forward to the next day,the results.That’s why I plan on entering in 2021.
              That person on Pittsburgh shouldn't have rushed in pick (made before 10 a.m. PT Wednesday) when the news broke that game was postponed. Especially this year, you have to wait to make sure games aren't going to be canceled...and no excuse as it was on SportsCenter and the news early this week about all the Ravens' positive COVID tests and you had to know there was a possibility of this happening. Why rush in plan and get eliminated? Maybe they're a local and were leaving town and felt they had to get the pick in, but that's why you need a proxy to account for any situations like this.

mrvolo...keep in touch with me as far as partners and proxy services.

Comment

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for explaining.Will be in touch before season next year.Ready to sit down to our Turkey,Our usual table of 12 is down to 3 but wife still did as much work.Happy Thanksgiving to all.

LIZ HURLEY FANTASY PICK...

Back in Lizzy's doghouse I go as BALT teased me with a last drive that could have won it, only to lose in OT. Giants better win or she's never going to give me a dog biscuit as literally tied up in her doghouse, and the dog is none too happy about that!

NYG Those mighty, might G-Men are making a run at the playoffs!!! LOL...Win 6 and you're in! They get a little better every week and Danny Dimes is not effing up as much. No Burrow, no bueno for CINN and their sucky D. They better win Compass or I'll let Lizzy take her wrath out on YOU!

W1: BUFF (W)
              W2: ARI (W)
              W3: ATL (L)
              W4: LAR (W)
              W5: DAL (W)
              W6: MIA (W)

W7: BUFF (W)
              W8: PHIL (W)
              W9: PITT (W)
              W10: NO (W)
              W11: BALT (L)
              W12: NYG

Click image for larger version

Name:	lizw12.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	18084

Comment

Switched my pick to MIA yesterday when they announced Fitzmagic was going to start. Glad the Jets plain out suck.

Comment

My updated map is:

13 - LV over Jets
                  14 - Seattle over Jets
                  15 - Tenn over Detroit
                  16 - Tompa over Detroit
                  17 - Indy over Jax

Comment

• Mrvolo
                    Mrvolo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My Half pick in Adam 2 is alive and tho I have no say,thank God,we wil be on LV in13 then Seattle in 14.We then go different ways.GL
                Working...
                X