Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 NFL P.O.W. Playoffs (Post Plays Here or follow the contenders!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveTuley
    replied
    Originally posted by JIMMYJAM4508 View Post
    Thanks everyone......I just received my view from Vegas shirt and can’t wait to wear it......I also ordered some Giants parafanalia from nfl.com thanks to to $100 gift card from Dave......can’t wait til next season!!!!!!!
    Thanks for checking in with your prizes, JimmyJam...congrats again

Leave a comment:

• JIMMYJAM4508
    replied
    Thanks everyone......I just received my view from Vegas shirt and can’t wait to wear it......I also ordered some Giants parafanalia from nfl.com thanks to to $100 gift card from Dave......can’t wait til next season!!!!!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FreeJack
    replied
    Grats Jimmy Jam!!

Thanks again for putting this contest on and the weekly updating! A lot of work goes into it and I want you to know it is appreciated. I want to thank everyone for also participating. I love reading everyones reasons for bets. Its helpful to get some different perspectives and sometimes a detail or two that you may have over looked. Dave I hope you guys do bring back the podcast and hopefully the NCAA bowls with LMM?? Thanks again everyone for a great football season!!

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    replied
    Congrats Jimmy Jam!!

Leave a comment:

• Seahawk Rick
    replied
    Congratulations JIMMYJAM!!!!! A hard fought battle it was and to win this thing takes some great capping!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveTuley
    replied
    Officially congratulations to JIMMYJAM4508 for coming out on top after tabbing the Buccaneers +3.5 in the Super Bowl to cap off going 3-0 as he won with the Ravens in the wild-card round, passed in the divisional round and then rode the Buccaneers in the NFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl and was the only P,O.W Qualifier to not have a losing pick in the postseason. JIMMYJAM4508, send me a private message here or email [email protected] to let me know when you think you'll be coming to Vegas for your 2-night hotel stay, plus dinner for 2 with yours truly. I also need your email address to send your $100 online gift certificate and snail-mail address and shirt size to send your ViewFromVegas Shirt! Kudos to Mrvolo and Taketheredeye for going 3-1 in the playoffs. We look forward to this contest again next season. GLA

Name Win Loss Tie REG WILDCARD DIVISION CHAMP SUPER
    JIMMYJAM4508 10 6 0 10 5 (15) 0 (15) 5 (20) 5 (25)
    MRVOLO 11 5 1 12.5 5 (17.5) 5 (22.5) -5 (17.5) 5 (22.5)
    TAKETHEREDEYE 10 7 0 11 5 (16) -5 (11) 5 (16) 5 (21)
    RACING CAT 12 5 0 13 5 (18) -5 (13) 0 (13) 5 (18)
    FREEJACK 11 5 0 12 5 (17) -5 (12) 5 (17.5) 0 (17.5)
    ASTEROID M 11 5 1 12.5 5 (17.5) -5 (12.5) 5 (17.5) -5 (12.5)
    WOODEE 12 5 0 12 5 (17) -5 (12) 5 (17) -5 (12)
    BARNSTORM 11 6 0 11 5 (16) -5 (11) 5 (16) -5 (11)
    ICE TEA 2 13 2 1 13.5 -5 (8.5) -5 (3.5) 5 (8.5) 0 (8.5)
    EAST COAST 11 6 0 12 0 (12) 5 (17) -5 (12) -5 (7)
    TARB 13 4 0 13 -5 (8) -5 (3) 0 (3) 0 (3)
    TEXAN 73 11 5 1 12 -5 (7) -5 (2) -2 (0) 0 (0)

Leave a comment:

• Mrvolo
    replied
    Congratulations JimmyJam4508 on being the POW winner and a big thank you to Gcotton and our leader Dave.Good year for the dogs and yours truely.

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    commented on 's reply
    Dave, that is awesome news about the hopeful partnership with VSIN. I have always had this in the back of my mind ever since you started with them. That is really, really great news for yourself and all of us longtime VFV members. See, 2021 is going to be a GREAT year!

• DaveTuley
    replied
    Thanks to all those who posted kind words about the P.O.W. contest and VFV. And to all those who thought the same things LMEAO

FYI: no one sent me their picks privately as all posted their plays here in this spring, which is pretty cool that it's in the spirit of what this contest is all about with the sharing of the reasons for our best picks of the week each and every week. GLA with your straight bets as well as your props.

Exciting things coming up for ViewFromVegas. Talking with VSiN about resurrecting the ViewFromVegas Podcast, and the plan will be to direct more people to join the discussions here in the VFV Forums (and which will hopefully lead to more contests as well as the NFL & CFB mirror contests during the regular seasons), so hoping our community grows back to the way it was in the heyday of VFV, but trust me that I cherish all those who have been with us through the long haul!

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    replied
    Best of luck to all still in contention going into tonight's game. Thanks for the kind words from everyone. I am just carrying the torch of what EandHFred started many moons ago on here. I enjoy doing it each week, and maybe one of these years I myself will be alive on Super Sunday and in contention, lol.

P.S. GO CHIEFS!! As a Falcons fan, there is no way in hell I can root for a team from my division, or more importantly, never, ever root for Brady after what happened 4 years and 3 days ago...

Leave a comment:

• east coast
    replied
    POW 5 units on OVER 55.5 simply looking for a shootout with the game decided by who scores last, two great QB's and receivers should put up a lot of points , good luck everybody, hopefully it's a great game and thanks to everyone involved for the hard work keeping this contest together

Leave a comment:

• florabamaboy
    replied
    NFL POW. (0 Points)

No Play like Texan73.

A big shout out to Dave & G Cotton, thanks for putting this on once again!! I had a rough year picking the pros, but I think I am talking myself into a teaser.

Lines this time of year are very tight, and seems to me that taking the dog up to 9 and under 62.5 would be a very sharp play. Would appreciate anyones thoughts here, but the more I think about the type of game that Tampa Bay has to play with not giving up the home run to Hill, giving Mahomes the short underneath only, and also emphasizing their running game, should keep this close and the clock running.

Loved reading everyone's picks and logic, good luck to the finalists, and well done!

Leave a comment:

• Texan 73
    replied
    NFL P.O.W. (0 POINTS)

No Play

Just want to take this opportunity to thank G Cotton and Dave Tuley and anyone else who helped for providing and working this contest. I ran out of points too soon, but had a great time. I really enjoyed everyone's take on games throughout the season. Hopefully, Covid will be arrested by the start of next year and we can have our college and pro contests back.
    Best of luck to the remaining contestants. Thanks for everything. (I hope the Chiefs win - just for the record). See you next year.

Leave a comment:

• Woodee12
    replied
    First, I echo everyone on the thank you to Dave and Cotton for running a great contest. First-timer here and look forward to contributing more as I go in other areas of the forum/community.

SUPER BOWL PLAY--

5 units

OVER 55.5

I don't really see a way I can win this thing standing at 17 points so I am going to go with the OVER for the hell of it. I am more of an under bettor and hate jumping on the side of the public, but if this game is anything like some of the big regular season games, there will be some help from the refs to get this one t sneak over. With the game never really over as we saw a few years back with NE, I can see a 30-27 type of game with the zebras helping each offense out on some of these cheap penalties that killed so many of my unders throughout the year!

Side-wise for what its worth, I have no idea. I just hope the game is as good as it looks on paper as I try to find an edge one way or another. One thing I have learned over the years is that the super bowl is the game with the least value unless you are playing total contrarian. No side offers any contrarian value in my eyes and the under looks to be the sharp play with the toal moving down from the opener.

This is a toss up and I am going to read you guys write ups to see if I can hash out a fun bet.

One prop I played is Maholmes YES to throw an INT. It + odds and he gets a little risky at times so I can see a deflection INT at minimum for him during the game. Probably my fav prop out there! (of course right behind 'tails' on the coin toss--HA HA HA)

GOOD LUCK Guys--Enjoy the game.

Leave a comment:

• RacingCat
    commented on 's reply
    Forgot to post my units, I will go with 5 units.
Working...
X