Some Tampa Bay Downs Toughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Tampa Bay Downs Toughts

Good card today at Tampa, especially the early portion. In race one, you have a Dennis Ward horse, #3 Insightful, money lined at 9-2. Coming off two straight wins and Ward is having a great meet. Meanwhile, you have Arnett lined at 3/2 and he has been an absolute money burner. There was a scratch so not sure we see 9/2, but betting against Arnett has worked wonders so far.

Raymond has two interesting entries today as well. In race 2, #3 Virginia Doze 15-1 goes for her second career start. Its debut effort wasn’t that bad as she showed interest early on, but faded late. Gotta figure on some improvement second time over.

In race 5, Raymond sends out #4 Little Mazzy 8-1. It’s best efforts at Tampa have come going long on dirt, and she returns to that today after a so-so turf outing. There will be TWO overbet Arnett entrants in here.
    Raymond had a winner the other day, so maybe the barn is about to go on a run.

Comment

In race 3, Aldana Gonzales sends out #4 Mulled Wine 12-1. Had two wins last meet here, and has two good starts over the course so far this meet. Definitely in with a chance here if things go it’s way.

Comment

In Race 8, Ochoa has #2 Grab the Chance 8-1. Its two best starts have been sprinting on dirt at Tampa. It returns to that today after a terrible turf route attempt. In the two good dirt starts, the horse was right in the mix until the very end. Maybe the turf route was a needed tightener? Ochoa off to a pretty good start so far, but without the usual bombs YET.

Comment

Day looked promising....A few ran good, but not good enough.

Comment

rdalert447, I've been sticking to weekend racing mostly. Don't have the time to follow racing daily (and prefer when higher-quality horses are duking it out as opposed to maidens and cheap claimers).

Comment

Ha. I’m the opposite. I like the weekday races and have really enjoyed Tampa the last few years. I finally got tired of giving money away on winter racing in NY. Tampa has been a welcome landing spot. Good luck!

Comment

Arnett won two on the day, but whiffed on all his overbet entrants. If someone insists on betting Arnett, looks like the best way to do it is with the non-overbet entrants going second and third time over the course.

Comment

I have betting TBay Downs since 1989(lived there from 1989-2010) In Nevada since then,but still bet almost daily. I bet PK 3's,4's.5's, and have never seen TBDowns as difficult! Used to be certain trainers and jockeys would dominate(yrs. ago Jamie Ness,for example and more recently,,,Gallardo,Centeno,Camacho)......Much more wide open these days...Any thoughts about 2021,rdalert447? THX and good luck.

Comment

Yes I find it difficult as well, but that’s half the fun. I’ve only been playing there for four meets now. The two most important things I learned are to take it slow since it’s such a long meet, and to expect to get beat by a low-odds Bennet horse 50-70 times per meet. I like that there are plenty of under-the-radar guys to make some scores on such as Granitz, Ochoa, Arboritanza, Ali, and more. Full fields and lots of turf are an added bonus.

Comment

I’ve been in Orlando now for for years, still haven’t made it to the track. Will try and get there this meet now that the dog tracks are gone. I would hit Sanford Orlando Kennel Club often for simulcast. How did you like the track itself?

Comment

like a lot....if fact,I flew back to go to TBDowns in December.

Comment

I gotta check that place out. It’s only about 1:15 away from me.

Comment

Everything I like today is low odds, except the two Ochoa entrants. Betting him is not for the faint of heart, though. He’ll hit at an 8% rate the entire meet, but still finish with a crazy plus ROI. Last meet I caught him with THREE $70 + horses in a two week period. Made my year..

Race 4
                            #2 Archivero 20-1

Race 8
                            #6 VK Princess 15-1

1 out of 2 will be acceptable. 😁😃🤣

Comment

Not much out of those two.

Comment

Working...
                              X