No announcement yet.

Some Tampa Bay Downs Toughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting tidbit. I’ve noticed this new trainer Rafael Schistl. This is his first meet ever and his horses have run very well at BIG numbers. He hasn’t broke through with a win yet, though. He stands 17-0-2-3 and every one of those that hit the board were long odds. I gotta think he breaks through with a huge one before the meet is out. He deserves to, at least.

Comment

I have to wait until HE wins one race...could be the Scott Speith of trainers,ha!

Comment

Lolll. Schistl has a couple long ones in today. I’ll have to include him now.

Comment

The big names are in town for today’s card. Hope it opens up some longshot opportunities for the locals. So far I bet the two Rigattieri entrants on the undercard. He’s had good ROI in claimers and allowance races here the last few years:

Race 2
          $20 win #5 All Good Times 5-1
          $2 exbx 1-5
          $1 P3 5/ALL/1,5

Race 4
          $20 win #1 Stormy D 6-1
          $2 exbx 1-5
          .50c tri 1,5/ALL/1,5

Used my man Schistl in the exotics....

Comment

Riggatieri horse was slow out of the gate. Schistl ran second at 11-1. Gotta keep an eye on that guy.

Comment

Another dud from Riggatieri but Schistl ran third at 74-1. Got caught late on the lead. I’m betting the wrong guy.

Comment

Granitz sitting at 38-1 in race 10. Made a win bet (#8 Big Band Luziann). Played an 8-11 exbx, and an 8,11/ALL/8,11 tri.

Comment

Tough day. Should’ve just bet Schistl to show all day....

Comment

Schistl breaks through at 7-1. I still whiffed.

Comment

• Good looking card today, which means I’ll probably get buried. Granitz has two at nice odds, both coming off victories and stepping up slightly. He’s starting to roll so I’ll bet both to win and fool with some exotics. Two good looking Ward horses today, as well, both at nice morning line odds. Will also play to win and some exotics. Good luck!

Race 2
                      #8 Vice Grip 8-1 (Granitz)

Race 3
                      #9 Bahamian Moon 6-1 (Ward)

Race 6
                      #2 Mermaid Kisses 8-1 (Ward)

Race 8
                      #2 Nowitna River 8-1. (Granitz)

Comment

• Ugly efforts from the first two....

Comment

• Two small winners. Not enough....

Comment

• Two long-ish ones early in the card. Will have win bets and fool with a few exotics:

Race 2
                            #7 Ned Devine 10-1
                            Raymond has been relatively quiet so far this meet, but if I recall he got rolling around the same time last year. This horse has a win over the course this meet, and has won a third of its career starts. Raymond is usually very dependable here so I will continue to back.

Race 3
                            #6 Take of VK 12-1
                            This horse has an interesting running style pattern going on. Last meet it won twice in wire to wire fashion. This meet, it won once from off the pace. But the very next race the jockey was up pressing the pace. Leads me to believe that Ochoa wants it to return to its front running ways. Hope he guns it today. Ochoa having a great meet, at great odds, just hadn’t connected on his patented bomber yet.

Good luck today to anyone in action.

Comment

• No dice with those two but Schistl won the finale at 8-1. Everything he sends out runs hard.

Comment

• Race 4
                                I gotta stick with this Schistl guy. One concern from yesterday is his winner was bet down to 8-1, from a morning line of 20-1. Was that because the word was out on the horse? Or was it because the bettors are now on to this guy? We shall see today.

$20 win #10 Royal Gold Digger 12-1
                                $2 exbx 9-10
                                .50c tri 9,10/ALL/9,10
                                $2 DD 9,10/1,4
                                Last edited by rdalert447; 03-13-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X