No announcement yet.

Tournament Committee set to screw another excellent mid-major conference team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Committee set to screw another excellent mid-major conference team

Loyola Chicago deserves a # 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. LC is #18 in both the AP and the Coaches polls. LC is # 16 in the CBS Top 25 and 1. LC is # 10 in the CBS Net. Despite these high ratings, Joe Lunardi, the supposed bracketology expert, has Loyola Chicago as a # 8 seed in the tournament. The committee has a very long history of screwing quality mid-major conference teams by giving them seeds of # 8 or # 9, so that they have to play # 1's if they win their game in round 1. THIS SHIT MUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree.This team has some players from the team who made final 4 in 2018 and 9 seed makes no sense.

Comment

• jdmoose1950
      jdmoose1950 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you know that vincent has a direct line to sister jean?

Not good when the gambling gods have the # 9 seed iona favored (-1.5) over the # 1 seed siena...just saying

Comment

• Mrvolo
      Mrvolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Conspiracy theory,TV wants Rick P in NCAA.Had to bet them today based on your post,the pressure is really on now.
      Trivia Question,Iona’s only player in the Basketball Hall Of Fame and you know I have a connection as I played with him in HS.
      Richie Guerin,NYKnicks and Mount St.Michael’s in the Bronx.Hard to believe somebody is older then me but I was a Sophomore and he was a Senior.He was elected as a old-timer a few years ago.

• TARB
      TARB commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember Richie Guerin with the Knicks, a very good guard. I did not know that he was a Bronx boy.

He lived in Parkchester and was playing CYO basketball which was very big back in 40’s for St. Raymond’s.Was not a top player in HS and went to Iona and was a walk on before given a scholarship.Thanks to my friend MrJD for a winner today.

Comment

As I predicted, the committee screwed Loyola Chicago by seeding them 8th in the midwest bracket, where Illinois is the #1 seed.

Comment

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree.Also Iona got a bad draw at 15.NCAA love Pitino.Without seeing any lines one bet I am making is Grand Canyon plus points.GL

Originally posted by TARB View Post
      As I predicted, the committee screwed Loyola Chicago by seeding them 8th in the midwest bracket, where Illinois is the #1 seed.
      You can see the bets I made into opening lines on the post that I just made.

Comment

Working...
      X