Loyola Chicago / Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyola Chicago / Illinois

Previously. I posted that the committee screwed Loyola with the #8 seed while the team deserved a #5 seed. So, Loyola has to play Illinois in the second round instead of the third round, if the team advanced that far. Maybe, I am looking at this the wrong way and Illinois is the team that got screwed by having to play a much better team than a normal #8 seed in the second round.

I made a bet on Loyola +7.5 points.
    Last edited by TARB; 03-21-2021, 05:48 AM.

Not sure they can upset the Illini but I do see them scaring the hell out of the 1 seed....good luck

Comment

With a 9-point lead at the half, Loyola probably should eliminate Illinois.
      Last edited by TARB; 03-21-2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Yes, the committee definitely screwed Illinois by seeding Loyola Chicago #8 in the midwest bracket. When will the committees of the future learn that the top mid-majors can absolutely play with the big boys and properly seed them?

Comment

They scared the hell out of Illinois and beat the hell out of them......

Comment

Great call, TARB. And very good point about by screwing the mid-major team (as the committee has a long history of doing), they really screwed No. 1 seed Illinois.

Comment

Maybe, if Loyola makes the final 4 fo the second time in 4 years, the committee will wake up to the fact that the top mid-majors have been screwed by the committee and start to properly seed them in the tournament.

Comment

You’re giving the committee too much credit TARB. Those mid majors don’t draw the tv ratings in the committees minds, but I’d bet more people would watch than they think. Most Americans love an underdog story.

Comment

Actually the way it shakes out Loyola Chi.has good shoot to make final 4 again this year.They are favored over Oregon State and then either Syracuse or Houston.The fact as I originally pointed out some Seniors played in final 4 in 2018 and this to me is a plus.Watched a you tube interview with Sister Jeanne and this women is amazing.looks like Zags and Baylor in final but would love to see L/Chi.

Comment

Have a future wager on Houston (4-1) to make final 4...think they will get by Cuse but worried about the Ramblers.

Footnote:..Loyola of Chicago won the NCAA Championship in 1963 defeating the Bearcats from Cinn coached by Ed Jucker..who coached our own
                    legendary poster Mr VOLO at RPI in TROY NY in the 40's and 50's

Comment

• Mrvolo
                      Mrvolo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you JD,year was 1952/53.Lucky if 50% of people reading this ever heard of Ed Jucker.

• TARB
                      TARB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've certainly heard of Ed Jucker.

• DaveTuley
                      DaveTuley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for sharing that, jdmoose...very cool trivia about our very own Mrvolo

Now you are giving away your age.They did not have D 1,2 or 3 then but we would of been a D3.We played mostly Colleges in upstate NY,Hobart,St Lawrence etc.in a small gym that seated maybe tops 1500.About Two weeks after season Ed called a meeting and said he accepted the job at Cinny.He got lucky and Oscar Robinson went there and he followed him to become head coach of the Cincinnati Royals in NBA.He had a
                    good career moving forward and was in the right place at the right time.
                    I had a few Colleges where I had offers to play BB but did not offer a Engineering Degree so my parents chose RPI,top school and they offered no Athletic Scholarships.Got a great education,played BB where I could compete and was only 20 miles from Saratoga Race Track.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrvolo View Post
                      Now you are giving away your age.They did not have D 1,2 or 3 then but we would of been a D3.We played mostly Colleges in upstate NY,Hobart,St Lawrence etc.in a small gym that seated maybe tops 1500.About Two weeks after season Ed called a meeting and said he accepted the job at Cinny.He got lucky and Oscar Robinson went there and he followed him to become head coach of the Cincinnati Royals in NBA.He had a
                      good career moving forward and was in the right place at the right time.
                      I had a few Colleges where I had offers to play BB but did not offer a Engineering Degree so my parents chose RPI,top school and they offered no Athletic Scholarships.Got a great education,played BB where I could compete and was only 20 miles from Saratoga Race Track.
                      LMEAO...great stuff!...love the closing line about Saratoga

Comment

Working...
                      X