Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Circa take/show horse racing?

Any insight?

Circa doesn't take pari-mutuel horse racing on a daily basis. They didn't have race books at the D and Golden Gate and built Circa without a race book (first hotel I've heard in my lifetime being built without one), so they don't even have a racing license at this point.

They do book Kentucky Derby futures...and I'm pretty sure they booked the Derby in September like the other books in town (the Nevada Pari-Mutuel Association hasn't reached an agreement with Churchill Downs, so no Nevada books were part of the pari-mutuel pool on the past Derby Day in September, and no progress being made to resolved it by this Derby).

As for the "show" part of your question...I haven't seen horse racing on main screens in the book at Circa, but I was at Stadium Swim on Monday and there was a TV in the VIP area that had harness racing on, so I'm assuming that was a request of a guest and they're able to put races on TVs if they want, but again probably only when a player requests it).

Comment

Dave thank you for always answering my questions so thoroughly and being so informative. I had heard some of that on Race Day Las Vegas pre Breeders Cup Day and was hoping it had changed. I have followed you since the DRF days. Get my second shot tomorrow and flying out early Saturday from LA for Sweet 16 and Ohio cousin's bachelor party. They are doing Circa Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by LyleofLomita View Post
        Dave thank you for always answering my questions so thoroughly and being so informative. I had heard some of that on Race Day Las Vegas pre Breeders Cup Day and was hoping it had changed. I have followed you since the DRF days. Get my second shot tomorrow and flying out early Saturday from LA for Sweet 16 and Ohio cousin's bachelor party. They are doing Circa Saturday.
        You're very welcome...I'm sure you and cousin will have a great time. I'd love to meet you but I'll be in Arizona on spring break with my kids. Have a great time & GL

Comment

Working...
        X